Here are the top best Best ice cream in the world public topics compiled and compiled by our team
- South African ice cream parlour Unframed has just been rated as the best in the world.
- In its tubs are funky experimental flavours including some interesting vegan-friendly varieties.
- Some of the flavours on offer had me sceptical – like the vegan-friendly turmeric and beetroot chocolate flavours.
- Unframed beat ice parlours that make watermelon ice cream sandwiches and giant chocolate squid ice cream art.
- For more stories, go to Business Insider SA.
A South African ice cream parlour franchise called Unframed has just been voted as the best ice cream in the world – and its artisan ice cream, which includes funky experimental flavours and vegan-friendly varietals, is certainly something.
The Cape Town-based ice cream maker topped a list of 50 other ice cream sellers from around the world, according to international travel company Big 7 Travel, which sent tasters around the world and looked at reader votes.
Unframed opened its first store in 2016 when French-born founder Yann Rey gave up a job in banking and joined up with Stephane Auge.
Read also: A beach with Table Mountain as the backdrop is the most Instagrammed spot in South Africa – but a game reserve and a city of Jacarandas aren’t far behind
Unframed’s healthy ice cream is made from scratch with sustainable food. It scored high for keeping its ice creams smooth and rich while experimenting with some unexpected flavours.
We decided to see what the fuss is about, and we were not disappointed.
Unframed stores can be found in the V&A Food Market, Gardens, and in Woodstock in Cape Town.
The ice creams are beautifully lit in these fridges.
I was sceptical about the vegan-friendly ice creams: beetroot chocolate and ginger; matcha latte, and turmeric.
I’ve had vegan friendly ice cream before and it has been a hard miss for me.
But I found Unframed’s vegan flavours were some of the smoothest and tastiest I’ve ever had. They tasted just like dairy-based ice cream – it was like fairies were dancing on my taste buds.
They allowed me to try a healthy sample of each flavour, which not all ice cream parlours do.
In the end I opted for a scoop of turmeric.
This is a genuine face of contentment.
The ice creams start at R39 for 1 scoop.
Unframed beat some truly outrageous ice cream makers…
Like the Milkcow Cafe in Vancouver, Canada which makes a watermelon ice cream sandwich.
…and Giapo, which makes this colossal chocolate squid ice cream, based in Auckland, New Zealand.
For the full list you can go to the Big 7 website here.
Receive a daily email with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Prasa says SA’s passenger trains are 15% more reliable than they were just 8 weeks ago – and promises things will only get better
- E-tolls was supposed to be solved a month ago – but ‘Mr Fix” has just moved the deadline again
- “Your salary can’t afford that”: SA tweets on #SalaryDepression
- A new iPhone feature lets you make emojis of yourself for WhatsApp- so we made Cyril Ramaphosa, Tito Mboweni, Patricia de Lille, and Julius Malema
- MTN says ‘several thousand’ users at a time were affected by data and voice problems this week
- SA’s global brand value jumped by 5% the past year