Here are the top best Popsicle ice cream recipes voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Learn how to make homemade vegan cashew ice cream popsicles with raspberry filling using this easy copycat Magnum bars recipe! It’s a simple dairy-free frozen treat that can easily be flavored and made to your liking – no ice-cream maker needed!
A homemade and vegan take on the Classic Magnum Bars
Summer has arrived! And I am thrilled to share this refreshing and delicious treat. I mean, who does not like indulging in a decadent ice cream bar every now and then, right? This is a vegan copycat take on the world-famous ice cream bar brand – Magnum. Made of a cracking chocolate coating, a super creamy cashew-abased ice cream, and a surprise luscious raspberry filling in the center! It the perfect summer treat that everyone will adore – vegan or not!
Super Easy Vegan Raspberry Ice Cream Popsicles
Being vegan does not mean you have to restrict yourself from food that makes you happy! You just have to find a homemade version in making them! I love “veganizing” some of the best treats out there like my Vegan Ferrero Rocher, Vegan Raffaello Coconut Balls and Vegan Nutella recipes!
This Vegan Raspberry Magnum is another example of that. It forgoes dairy milk and uses cashew cream instead. I also used less sugar compared to traditional ice cream. Making it is a breeze too! It consists of three delightful layers:
- Crunchy Chocolate Shell: Only two simple ingredients are needed to make it: melted chocolate and coconut oil. When you combine coconut oil with melted chocolate, it stays in liquid form at room temperature; but, once you coat the ice cream with it, it’ll harden and turns into a crisp shell!
- Vegan Ice Cream: Made of rich vanilla-flavored cashew cream, it is as creamy and yummy as traditional dairy-based ice cream – if not better! You just have to blend 4 ingredients and refrigerate! Easy-peasy!
- Raspberry Filling: The perfect surprise center! Made using 3 ingredients only, that can further be reduced to 2! You can make it ahead of time or make it even easier by using ready-made raspberry jam!
How to make Vegan Ice Cream Popsicles
As always, I recommend checking out the recipe video and this step-by-step instruction first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Make Vegan Ice Cream and Raspberry Chia Jam
Start by soaking the cashews overnight or boil them for a few minutes. Then put the soaked cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until creamy. Meanwhile, cook the raspberries briefly and mash them. Then stir in maple syrup and chia seeds and set aside until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Step 2: Add the mixtures into ice cream molds.
Now divide half of the cashew cream into silicone ice cream molds and insert popsicle sticks. Next, spread about 1 tablespoon of raspberry filling in the center of each popsicle. Then spread the remaining cashew cream on top. Smooth it out, and place into the freezer until the vegan popsicles are completely frozen.
Step 3: Make the Chocolate glaze
Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil over a water bath. Carefully remove the ice pops from the mold and dip them in the chocolate glaze. Place on a parchment paper-lined surface and let the chocolate harden. Then decorate as desired and you’re done!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Cashews: You can also use blanched almonds, macadamias, or peanuts. If you don’t have a blender or something similar or if you are planning to make a smaller amount, I recommend using store-bought nut butter in your desired variety instead.
- Coconut cream: This is the creamy part of canned coconut milk. However, if you are not a fan of coconut, you can also sub 3.5 oz (100 g) of vegan cream cheese + 3.5 oz (100 g) of dairy-free cream instead to get a similar consistency.
- Maple Syrup: or other sweeteners like date syrup or agave nectar.
- Chocolate: you can also use other types of chocolate like white chocolate.
- Raspberries: Try other berries and fruits, such as strawberries, cherries, blueberries, blackberries, red currants, etc., or make a chocolate or caramel filling, or omit the filling completely.
Make your own vegan ice cream creation!
Aside from using other berries or fruits for the filling, you can also decorate your vegan popsicles the way you want it. I used colorful sprinkles in this recipe but the possibilities are endless!
You can also add some chopped nuts like slivered almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts into the chocolate glaze. However, shredded coconut, freeze-dried raspberries or strawberries, candy bits, or colored icing will be great too!
This recipe makes 8 delicious ice pops, so make it into a fun family project and let your kids personalize their treats!
Tips when making Vegan Ice Cream Popsicles
- Soaking the cashews overnight is preferable to achieve a creamier texture. However, you can also boil them for 15 minutes to speed up the process.
- If you are making the raspberry filling with fresh fruit and it is thick enough, you can omit the chia seeds.
- If you do not have silicone ice cream molds, you can use small paper cups instead. Use foil to seal and just make a tiny slit where you can insert the popsicle stick.
- You can make the chocolate coating either thick and fudgy with less coconut oil or add more coconut oil for a faster drying mixture. If you want to have a thicker shell, you can double dip your ice pops!
Make ahead and Storing
You can totally make a big batch and save some for later! These goodies can be made ahead of time and are freezer-friendly. I actually recommend making the ice cream bars the day before so you can freeze them overnight. All you need to make the next day is the chocolate coating and decoration.
Fully decorated vegan popsicles should be stored separately in freezer-friendly containers. You can also wrap them securely in Ziplocs or aluminum foil. When stored properly, they can last for about 2 months.
This Vegan Cashew Ice Cream Recipe is:
- Dairy-free and uses less sugar
- Easy to make and does not require an ice cream maker
- Fun to decorate and customize
- Chilled to perfection
- Super creamy
- Delightfully crunchy
- Perfect for summer!
More delicious vegan summer dessert recipes to try
- Mini Apricot Cream Cakes
- Vegan Lemon Bars
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Raw Coconut Cheesecake (Vegan Raffaelo Cake)
- Vegan Lemon Tart
- No-Bake Mango Cheesecake Pie
- No-Bake Blackberry Mousse Tart
- Vegan Vanilla Custard Tart
- Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Summer Fruit Cream Tart
- Vegan Panna Cotta Tart with Jelly
- Coconut Rice Pudding Cake
- Blueberry Chia Pudding Cake
- Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
If you try this easy vegan ice cream recipe, I would be happy to read your feedback in the comments below. And if you take a picture of your homemade vegan copycat Magnum bars and share it on Instagram, make sure to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka so I won’t miss your post! Enjoy! 🙂
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂