Here are the top best Tutti fruitti ice cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Tutti frutti ice cream has been a part of our childhood ever since I remember. Back then, it was peachy or candy pink colour ice cream which made our hearts smile. These little cups filled with bits of dried bits of papaya were precious.
Pink is my favorite color and so is this dessert. Even my room was in same pink colour, then how can I resist something sweet that too pink color ice cream! Ice-cream was a rare treat.My parents would drive their car all the way to a petrol bunk at the edge of township to buy it for us. No A.Cs back then, just a small cup to beat the heat during hot summer nights occasionally. It still is an occasional treat with the Melbourne weather. Only, now it is due to cold ever changing Melbourne weather.
Now, we take it a notch higher as we make it a homemade treat. Homemade tutti fruitti ice cream is a stuff every child will love. Candy pink tub of goodness which makes every summer happy. Our birthday parties always had tutty fruity ice cream and gulab jamun in the menu.
- How to make tutti frutti icecream?
- Try more tutti-frutti recipes?
- Homemade tutti frutti ice cream recipe
- paneer or cottage cheese
- tapioca flour/ custard powder
- rose syrup or Roohafza
- sugar optional
- thickened full cream, min. 35% fat.
- tutti frutti bits
what is tutti frutti made of?
Tutti frutti is actually dried sugar coated bits of papaya which are mixed with colour. We add a generous quantity of these bits to a rose flavoured pink color icecream.
How to make tutti frutti icecream?
- Mash the paneer or cottage cheese with a spoon. Add 2 tbsp. milk and 3 tbsp. custard powder/tapioca with paneer.
2. Whisk well to ensure the mix is smooth. Keep it aside
3. In a pan, take milk and add cream to it.
4. Now add rose syrup/ Roohafza.
5. Add sugar to the above mix. Let it come to a boil on a slow flame. Keep on whisking
6. Now, turn off the heat once it has come to a boil
7. Add the paneer slurry to the pan. Whisk continuously and let it come to a boil.
8. Turn of the heat. Move it to a bowl with an ice bath(Fill a bigger bowl with ice & water, keep the second bowl with ice-cream mix on top of it) so that it starts getting back to room temperature.
9. Once cool, chill it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (Optionally, you may add natural food colour, if you want a stronger pink colour. Whip it with a hand blender for few seconds, transfer to a metal bowl ,cover with baking sheet and allow to freeze.
10. Chill it in a freezer for 1 hours or until it has started to set.
11. Using a hand blender, blend the tutti fruitti ice-cream again ,allow to freeze, repeat the same after 1 hour(optional)
12. Add tutti frutti to this container,mix with a spoon,cover and allow to freeze untill set.
For best results,freeze the ice-cream overnight or 4-6 hours.Also ensure that the temperature of the freezer should not be the coldest, keep it a level 1 or 2 less.This will allow the ice-cream to be scooped easily else it will be too hard.