Here are the best information about Tutti fruitti ice cream voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Tutti fruity ice cream aka tutti frutti ice cream is one of the most beloved and desired ice cream recipes during summer. Nothing can be a better treat to your close ones than this easy-to-make ice cream recipe during these sunny days. It’s soft, creamy, luscious, fruity flavoured and has got the perfect bite of tutti fruity which is perfect to quench the heat. This is a no-cook ice cream prepared with only five basic ingredients, without using an ice cream maker and it gets ready to go inside the freezer in just 10 minutes. Isn’t it great?
Though tutti fruity is used to prepare myriad desserts worldwide, especially in western countries. But still many people are not aware of the term ‘tutti fruity.
About the recipeTips and SuggestionsFrequently Asked QuestionsHow to make Tutti Fruity ice cream (step wise photos)Recipe Card
Tutti fruity is basically a colourful chopped candied fruit including cherries, pineapple, raisins, apricots, fig etc. Artificial colours and flavours are also added to prepare tutti fruity. In fact, in the United States, the chopped fruits are either soaked in brandy or fermented in a liquid containing sugar and yeast to prepare tutti fruity.
Every county’s way of preparing tutti fruity and usage of it is different from each other.
Tutti fruity is used in myriad ways in Indian cuisine. It is one of the important elements of mitha paan. It is also used to prepare kheer, cakes, cookies, muffins etc. and as topping for milk shake, lassi etc. other than ice cream.
Tutti fruity ice cream always makes me feel nostalgic and drags me towards the amazing memories of my old days. I prepare this decadent ice cream recipe at least once every year without any second thought because it’s our family favourite. This homemade icecream tastes way better than the market-bought ones and is healthy too because artificial food colour, essence or preservatives are not added to it. The best part of the ice cream recipe is that it is a no-churn ice cream recipe and is also not a custard-based ice cream.
Yes, that’s true. Many people think ice cream cannot get prepared without an ice cream maker and so they never attempt to prepare ice cream recipes at home. The ice cream maker is not frequently used equipment in the kitchen. So, most people do not have an ice cream maker at home. This tutti fruity icecream could be a perfect example for those who have never imagined an ice cream without an ice cream maker.
Secondly, because it is a no-cook ice cream recipe, so you don’t need to stand in front of the gas during this summer to prepare the custard. Custard-based ice cream is very delicate and must be handled with a lot of attention. Either you need to transfer the custard into the ice cream maker and prepare it as per the instructions provided or you need to beat the custard with a hand mixer every hour after removing it from the freezer until it freezes completely. According to me, a no-cook ice cream recipe is much easier than classic custard-based ice cream and is a perfect recipe for the novice.
This tutti fruity ice cream is quite easy and fun to prepare. In fact, grown-up kids can participate to prepare this divine under an adult’s supervision. It is an easy ice cream recipe which is prepared with five simple ingredients and gets ready within 15 minutes. It just requires enough time to get set into the freezer. After that, you can have it anytime and anywhere. All the ingredients required to prepare the tutti fruity ice cream recipe are easily available in Indian stores.
Tutti fruity: It adds colour, bite and unique taste to the ice cream recipe.
Double cream: It provides body to the ice cream to make it fluffy and creamy.
Condensed milk: It provides richness and sweetness to the tutti fruity ice cream.
Vanilla extract & orange zest: The addition of vanilla extract and orange zest gives a nice flavour to the ice cream recipe.
Tutti fruity ice cream with step-by-step photos and instructions have been provided in the ‘Instructions’ section of the recipe. I have included all the tips and tricks below in detail to make the recipe easier for you on the first attempt. But before directly jumping into the recipe, let me share a few interesting facts about the recipe.
- First of all, use good quality tutti fruity for the ice cream.
- Always use water droplets-free utensils (I mean completely dry utensils) to prepare ice cream.
- Always use chilled cream for any ice cream recipe.
- If you stay in a hot place, then refrigerate the bowl where you are going to whip the cream.
- Beat the cream until stiff peaks occur. Don’t overbeat the cream or else it will become grainy in texture.
- Mix the condensed milk and vanilla extract with the whipped cream either with a hand mixer at the lowest speed or with a spatula delicately without deflating the cream.
- Always freeze the ice cream in an airtight container. You can use small ice cream paper cups with lids too for easy serving.
- You can add a topping of your own choice on the top of the ice cream during the time of serving like tutti fruity, chopped nuts etc.
Yes, of course. You can add cherry, strawberry, banana etc. to this ice cream recipe. Put the fruits into the blender and made a puree. Then add it into the whipped cream along with other ingredients.
Many people are not familiar with the term no churn. Simply no churn means no ice cream maker. In short, the ice cream which is prepared without using an ice cream maker or ice cream machine is a no-churn ice cream.
Custard-based ice cream is a cooked ice cream recipe where you need to prepare a thin and uniform custard using milk, cream, sugar and either corn starch or egg yolk. Many people use custard powder too instead of egg yolk or corn starch. This process is a little bit more complex than a no-cook ice cream. Many factors like temperature of cooking, the thickness of custard, duration of cooking etc. need to be taken care of precisely to prepare the custard-based ice cream.
We don’t require too fancy equipment to prepare this no-cook ice cream recipe. You just need a hand mixer to whip the cream. No ice cream machine is required for the recipe.
After getting set, the tutti fruity ice cream can be stored in the freezer for 1-2 months in an airtight container. In case you want to re-store any leftover portions, remember to close the container properly before putting back in the freezer.
To prepare the tutti fruity ice cream, first, take a large mixing bowl and pour the chilled double cream into it. It is important to take a large bowl for beating the cream because it increases to double its volume after beating.
Start whipping the cream at a low speed initially with a hand mixer. Then increase the speed to medium and whip the cream until the cream becomes heavy and stiff peaks occur. For me, it took around 3-4 minutes to get the perfect texture of the cream. But be careful after 2 minutes and keep your eyes on the cream. Don’t overbeat the cream or else the texture of the cream may become a little bit grainy.
Add condensed milk, orange zest and vanilla extract, one by one into the whipped cream. Then mix it evenly with a hand mixer at the lowest speed. Be delicate at this stage and don’t over-mix it.
Then add the tutti fruity into the mixture and mix it gently with the help of a spatula.
After this, pour the mixture into a dry and clean airtight container. Level the top evenly with the back of a spoon or spatula. Then transfer the tub into the freezer for at least 7-8 hours. If you like soft scoops, then 4 hours of refrigeration is enough.
Many ice cream recipes have already been shared in my previous posts. You may like a few of them.
Vanilla ice cream
Kesar pista ice creamMango ice cream recipeNolen gurer ice cream
..And Many more…
1 cup = 250 ml
- 600 ml double cream, chilled
- ½ can of 397 gm condensed Milk, chilled (around ¾ cup)
- ½ cup Tutti fruity
- ½ tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Tutti fruity for garnishing
- Take a large mixing bowl and pour 600ml chilled whipping cream into it.Note: It is important to take a large bowl for beating the cream because it increases to double its volume after beating.
- Start whipping the cream at a low speed initially with a hand mixer. Then increase the speed to medium and whip the cream until the cream becomes heavy and stiff peaks occur. For me, it took around 3-4 minutes to get the perfect texture of the cream. But be careful after 2 minutes and keep your eyes on the cream. Don’t overbeat the cream or else the texture of the cream may become a little bit grainy.
- Add ½ can of condensed milk, 1 tablespoon orange zest and ½ tablespoon vanilla extract, one by one into the bowl and mix it evenly with a hand mixer at the lowest speed. Mix it delicately at this stage and don’t over-mix it.
- Add ½ cup tutti fruity into the mixture and mix it gently with the help of a spatula.
- After this, pour the mixture into a dry and clean airtight container. Level the top evenly with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Transfer the tub into the freezer for at least 7-8 hours. If you like soft scoops, then 4 hours of refrigeration is enough.
Scoop out the tutti fruity ice cream into a bowl or in waffle cones. Top it with some more tutti fruity for garnishing. Serve immediately and enjoy the decadent dessert with your family and friends.