What Is Turkish Ice Cream? Is It Different From Other Ice Creams?
Turkish ice cream is a traditional Turkish dessert. It is made from a mixture of milk, sugar, and vanilla. Turkish ice cream is made by boiling milk, sugar, salt and corn starch in a saucepan until thickened. The mixture is then frozen in an ice cream machine or by pouring it into a mold and freezing it. It is served with whipped cream.
Turkish ice cream is also known as “kadayıf helvası” which means “honey waffle” in Turkish. Turkish ice cream can be found in most parts of the world now with many different flavors like pistachio, rosewater, and chocolate.
Turkish ice cream is different from other ice creams because it has a unique flavor that cannot be found anywhere else and it doesn’t contain any eggs or gelatine. The most popular flavor would be pistachio, but there are many other flavours that you can try if you want a taste of the orient! This gives it a different texture and consistency.
The 10 Best Turkish Ice Cream Brands
Turkish ice cream is a very popular dessert in many countries and it is not surprise that there are many brands of Turkish ice cream. Here we will explore the top 10 brands in Turkey:
1. Ulker: Ulker has been around for a long time and it has been making delicious Turkish ice cream since the 1940s. They have a wide variety of flavors, from original vanilla to strawberry cheesecake or pistachio chocolate chip, and they have many different sizes available as well. They also have an organic line of products that use milk from cows that graze on green pastures.
2. Birlik: This company has been making Turkish ice cream since the 1940s and offers many flavors, including Original Vanilla, Mango, Chocolate, Strawberry and Pineapple. They have 400ml, 1.5 liters and 2.5 liters flavors available in addition to the traditional 1 liter size. They also make an organic line of ice cream made with milk from cows that graze on green pastures.
3. Y eni: This company has been around since the 1950s and makes Turkish ice cream in flavors like Original Vanilla, Raspberry, Blackberry, Grapefruit and Sour Cherry. They also have a wide variety of sizes available as well.
4. Dondurma Desserts: This company has been making Turkish ice cream since 1880! They offer many different size options of their Original, Dark Chocolate and Turkish Coffee flavors.
5. Aloun: This company makes Turkish ice cream in a variety of flavors like Original Vanilla, French Vanilla, Strawberry and Banana. They are also available as an organic line of ice cream made with milk from cows that graze on green pastures.
6. Nefeti: This company is the oldest Turkish ice cream manufacturer and offers many varieties of ice cream including Classic, Hazelnut & Pistachio, Apricot & Almond, Mango & Passion Fruit and many more. They also make a line of sorbet that includes Strawberry Sorbet and Waffle.
7. Yemeksepeti: This company makes delicious Turkish ice cream for all occasions like Fruity Pancake Ice Cream, Po ppyseed Ice Cream, Pancake & Syrup and many more. They also make a line of sorbet including Strawberry Sorbet, Mint Sorbet and Acai Berry Sorbet.
8. Mistery Ice cream: This company offers many varieties of Turkish ice cream from Classic, Chocolate Hazelnut and Raspberry to Strawberry & Oreo. They also make a line of sorbet including Passion Fruit Sorbet, Poppyseed Ice Cream Sorbet and Stawberry Cheesecake Sorbet.
9. Yeni Gelin: This company makes an extensive line of Turkish ice cream that includes many varieties such as Mango & Passion Fruit, Chocolate Hazelnut, Coconut & Honey and many more. They also make a line of sorbet including Strawberry Sorbet and Mint Sorbet.
10. Baskin Robbins: This company offers many varieties of ice cream in Turkey with flavors like Pistachio Ice Cream , Caramel Coffee, and Vanilla Ice Cream. They also offer many sorbet flavors including Oreo Sorbet, Raspberry Sorbet and Hazelnut & Chocolate.
View more: The Best Italian Ice Cream Near Me
Top 5 Best Places To Get Turkish Ice Cream In Istanbul
1. The most popular place for Turkish ice cream is the Hacı Abdullah Efendi Caddesi. They serve both traditional and modern flavors of Turkish ice cream.
2. If you want to get some of Istanbul’s most delicious and authentic Turkish ice cream, then head over to the Küçük Ağaçcılar Street where you will find a small shop called İncir Gülü.
3. Another great place to get Turkish ice cream is at Şekerpare, which serves traditional flavors like pistachio and haz elnut.
4. Another great place for Turkish ice cream is at Balik, which serves a variety of flavors including lavender and honeydew, and carries a wide selection of ice cream sandwiches.
5. If you want to get your hands on Turkish ice cream, then head over to the Beyoğlu Square, where you will find a shop called Dünya.
View more: Best Mexican Ice Cream Near Me
Turkish Ice Cream Near Me? Get The Best Turkish Ice Cream In Your Area
If you want to find the best Turkish ice cream places near your area, then all you need to do is search on Google Maps. You can either type in keywords like “Turkish Ice Cream Near Me” or “Best Turkish Ice Cream Near Me“. Or, the simplest and fastest way is to use our ice cream shop search system. You just need to access icecream.directory from your geolocated-enabled handset, and our system will display a list of Turkish ice cream shops near you with meter accuracy.
The only way to find out if a nearby Turkish ice cream place is good is to try it. If you have eaten Turkish ice cream before, let us know in the comments below which Turkish ice cream place you recommend.
View more: Thai Ice Cream Near Me And