Here are the best information about Smoking salmon on pellet grill voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
I love making this Traeger Smoked Salmon with Overnight Marinade as an easy weeknight meal. It is full of flavor and cooked to perfection on the pellet grill!
I have not always been the biggest salmon lover. I’ve always wanted to like it because of the wide array of health benefits that it offers, but I just never truly enjoyed the taste.
Well, I’m beyond excited that I can say that I finally found a salmon recipe that I actually like…..actually love! YAY!
This is all thanks to the fantastic overnight marinade and the slow cook to perfection that gives a slight smoke-kissed flavor.
Seriously, you are going to love this recipe!! So…without further ado, let me show you how to make Traeger Smoked Salmon on the pellet grill, flavored with an easy salmon marinade that can be prepared the night before!
- 🐟 Ingredients
- Instructions for the Salmon Marinade
- Instructions for Smoking the Salmon on the Pellet Grill
- Frequent Questions
- Top Tips for Making Traeger Smoked Salmon
- 📖 Recipe
- Salmon – Fresh or Thawed
- Soy Sauce – use low sodium if you need to
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Mustard – You’ll want to use a pretty tangy mustard like Grey Poupon Country Dijon Mustard
- Sriracha (optional) – you can use red chili flakes if you don’t have Sriracha
See the Traeger Smoked Salmon recipe card at the bottom of this page for ingredient quantities.
Instructions for the Salmon Marinade
This easy salmon marinade is like a party in your mouth! It has all the different flavor elements – sweet, salty, tangy, and spicy.
If you’re not a fan of spicy foods, no worries! Just leave that part out.
I’ll tell you how to make the easy salmon marinade.
- First, ather your marinade ingredients, including soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, and sriracha
- Measure portions per the recipe card below
- Dump all measured ingredients into a small mixing bowl
- Mix all ingredients well until you have a smooth marinade
- Place salmon into a plastic zip bag or small container.
- Pour the salmon marinade onto the salmon and seal.
- Lastly, store in the refrigerator overnight
I find that the flavor is best when you marinate the salmon overnight. Additionally, this also help make this a low prep recipe on the night that you need to make it.
You can simply take the marinated salmon and throw it on the pellet grill when you’re ready for supper. How easy!! So, while we are on the subject… let’s get to that salmon on the pellet grill part…
Instructions for Smoking the Salmon on the Pellet Grill
- First, preheat the pellet grill to 200 degrees.
- Next, place marinated salmon on the pellet grill. Note: Not required, but for salmon I like to use a grill mat.
- After the grill has reached temperature, smoke the salmon for approximately one hour.
- Brush excess marinade onto the salmon several times during the smoking process.
- Finally, remove the smoked salmon from the pellet grill when it is perfectly cooked and flakey.
- Soy Sauce – use low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- Mustard – if you don’t have mustard, use small amount of a different acidic element like White Vinegar
- Pellet Grill – If you don’t have a pellet grill try my Marinated Air Fryer Salmon recipe using the same marinade as this recipe.
- Pellet Grill
- Grill Mat
- Silicone Pastry Brush
- Meat Thermometer
- Silicone Pastry Brush
Top Tips for Making Traeger Smoked Salmon
WATCH CLOSELY as the salmon is on the smoker because pellet grills sometimes can fluctuate in temperature so make sure the temperature does spike.
Keep the excess marinade for brushing onto the salmon through the cook for excess flavor!