Here are the best information about Ice cream with no sugar public topics compiled and compiled by our team
I am that person who could easily live on Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream. That could be why it is good to know how to make it myself.
Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream
I am the person who could eat ice cream every day no matter what the weather is doing or what may be going on in my life at the moment. As a result, finding a way to make my ice cream without adding sugar to it was very important to me. This recipe does remind me of my Sugar Free Chocolate Ice Cream recipe.
While both recipes are for sugar free ice cream, that recipe was all about the chocolate kind, not to say that is a bad thing however. This recipe is for sugar free vanilla ice cream, which I believe also has its place on the dessert table.
This recipe for homemade ice cream does not necessarily require that you use an ice cream maker. You will need a freezer-safe container for ice cream which you can find here.
This recipe is especially for anyone asking is there such a thing as sugar free ice cream.
Being someone who was raised on ice cream that was often loaded with sugar, this was something that I too was wondering about. However, what I did find out was that yes, there is a way to make ice cream without adding sugar to it.
Technically, if you do not add sugar to the recipe, or anything that contains sugar, then it is totally sugar free,
But, when it comes to something like ice cream, sometimes ingredients that have the sugar also has the fat that makes ice cream so enjoyable. I personally prefer ice cream that is not laden with fat or sugar because I do not enjoy that heavy feeling that ice cream can give me after eating it.
Here is how to make this sugar free ice cream soft.
The sugar or corn syrup that is added to regular ice cream helps to make this ice cream softer for easier scooping and eating. Since we are not adding any of these ingredients to this recipe, besides allowing your ice cream to soften before serving it, you could also set your ice cream shallower by using an extra ice cream freezer storage container.
This ice cream is made with heavy cream or heavy whipping cream. Heavy cream is high in fat yet, lower in carbohydrates making it great for using in ice cream as it is what gives ice cream that thick and rich texture. You could however substitute in half and half for part or all of the heavy cream taking into consideration that this may affect the consistency of your ice cream.
Here are some tips for making ice cream.
I just mentioned that filling your ice cream freezer storage container halfway and using an extra one if needed can help make softer ice cream. Also, using half and half rather than heavy whipping cream, aka heavy cream, can help keep the fat content down but, can also make this consistency less like ice cream.
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- Add some flavor to this recipe by adding a bit of extract (1-2 tsp). I like a banana extract or mint extract with this recipe.
- Feel free to add some goodies to this ice cream. I am referring to chopped nuts, sugar free chocolate chips, or even chopped up sugar free candy! Adding additional goodies works best stirring them in after the other ingredients have been allowed to set.
- You did not hear this from me but, I have heard that adding a bit of alcohol such as a flavored liqueur (teaspoon or two) can also help make your ice cream soft.
There is more than one way to make this ice cream.
Certainly, using an ice cream maker is almost always going to be the easiest way to make ice cream. I will share the various methods for preparing this recipe in the instructions below.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Top this ice cream with Sugar Free Chocolate Whipped Cream.
- This recipe also tastes good with Sugar Free Caramel Sauce.
- Sugar Free Lemon Frozen Yogurt.
- Simple and Sugar Free Banana and Chocolate Ice Cream.
- Sugar Free Strawberry Frozen Yogurt.
- Enjoy this Recipe with some Sugar Free Strawberry Compote.
- How to Make Sugar Free Marshmallows.
- Copycat Sugar Free ‘Frosty’ recipe.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
Be sure to follow me on facebook and subscribe to my recipes via email to keep up to date as well.
The recipe for Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream
Earlier I mentioned that filling your ice cream freezer storage container halfway and using an extra one if needed can help make softer ice cream. Also, using half and half rather than heavy whipping cream, aka heavy cream, can help keep the fat content down but, can also make this consistency less like ice cream.
I also mentioned that this ice cream is made with heavy cream or heavy whipping cream. Heavy cream is high in fat yet, lower in carbohydrates making it great for using in ice cream as it is what gives ice cream that thick and rich texture. You could however substitute in half and half for part or all of the heavy cream taking into consideration that this may affect the consistency of your ice cream.
Ingredients needed to make this sugar free ice cream recipe.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- 2 cups.
- Milk or half and half- 2 cups. The more fat in the dairy that you add will give you a better texture in your ice cream.
- Sugar Alternative- equivalent to ¾ cup of sugar. Use a sugar alternative that measures 1:1 with sugar for best results.
- Vanilla Extract- 2 teaspoons.
How to make Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream
- If you are not using an ice cream maker, place your ice cream freezer storage container in the freezer at least an hour to get it cold. If you are using an ice cream maker then you can skip this and use a bowl that has not been placed into the freezer.
- For both methods, in a large mixing bowl use a whisk attachment to mix together all of the ingredients on low. Mix this for a few minutes to make sure that all of the ingredients are well blended together. Using a blender will also work for this step.
- If you are not using an ice cream maker you can transfer the mixture to the frozen bowl and freeze. Every 30 minutes for the next 2 -2 ½ hours take the mixture out of the freezer and beat for a couple of minutes. Then return the ice cream to the freezer. Continue this process until your ice cream has that desired consistency.
- If you are using an ice cream maker follow the instructions provided with your ice cream maker. You can freeze this ice cream for up to eight hours (covered) before transferring it to the ice cream maker as well.
- Another way to make this is to fill a gallon sized zip top bag half way with ice and sprinkle the ice with a bit of Kosher salt. Take a smaller zip top bag and fill it with your ice cream directly from the mixing bowl from the second step above. Seal both bags and shake for about 10 minutes or until it appears to be ice cream. This method was a favorite of my kids when they were little and looking for a fun thing to do.
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site? Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you. Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
An easy and egg free recipe to make Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream. There are three methods for making this ice cream as well .
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.
updated 7/2020 –