Here are the top best Strawberry pretzel pie ice cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Strawberry pretzel pie is a salty, sweet no bake treat you’ll love serving up all summer long. Perfect for barbecues, potlucks, and picnics, this pie features a crunchy pretzel crust and a sweet, creamy strawberry filling.
I know everyone thinks about the holiday seasoning as the time for entertaining, but we have people over just as much or more during the warm weather.
Our house is the gathering spot for family picnics and barbecues all summer long.
And unlike the holidays when I don’t mind making an easy baked treat, I LOATHE turning on the oven when it’s warm out.
But that doesn’t mean I can’t treat my guests to an easy, yummy no bake pie.
This strawberry pretzel pie is the perfect treat.
With sweet strawberry filling and a salty sweet crust, it’s super delicious.
And it’s short prep means I have no problem throwing it together any time, all summer long!
What is strawberry pretzel pie?
Ever had strawberry pretzel salad?
This is basically that but in pie form.
We’ve got all the same flavors from the strawberry JELLO, creamy goodness of cream cheese and whipped topping, buttery, salty pretzels.
For the crust you’ll need:
- Pretzels– I recommend mini pretzels because they are easier to measure and make cute garnish as well.
- Butter– Melted
- Sugar– Brown sugar so you get that little bit of molasses flavor in the background.
For the pie itself you’ll need:
- Jello– 1 package of strawberry jello
- Boiling water– For the jello
- Cream cheese- Let it come to room temperature.
- Sweetened condensed milk– Make sure you are using this and not evaporated milk.
- Lemon– Fresh lemon juice
- Whipped topping– The kind you find in the frozen food section. Let it thaw before using it.
- Strawberries– Sliced, fresh strawberries.
How to Make
To make this, start by whisking together the strawberry JELLO and boiling water until all the jello crystals are dissolved.
Then put the mix into fridge for at least 20 minutes to cool
Once you’ve mixed together your jello and water, you can start making your pie crust.
To make the crust, add pretzels to a food processor and pulse until the pretzels become crumbs.
Then add the butter and sugar and process until mixture resembles wet sand.
At this point, press the pretzel mixture evenly into a 9 inch springform pan and refrigerate it while you prepare the filling.
To make the filling, beat the softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together in a large bowl until it’s smooth and fluffy.
Once the mixture is fluffy, add in the strawberry JELLO mixture and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
Then, gently fold in 2 cups of whipped topping, stopping mixing as soon as it is evenly incorporated.
Repeat this with 1 cup of strawberries.
Then spread mixture evenly over top of the pretzel crust.
Place strawberry pie into fridge for at least 4-5 hours to firm up.
Once the pie has firmed, spread the remaining one cup of whipped topping over the pie and top with remaining strawberries and pretzels.
Slice and enjoy!
Can you make this ahead of time?
Yes! Like strawberry pretzel salad, this pie is best made at least half a day ahead of time so it has time to set. Plus the lemon juice
Store this covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Tips and Tricks
- For a firmer filling you could use half the amount of water when preparing the JELLO.
- Make sure to cream the cream cheese and condensed milk together really well so the filling is smooth and not lumpy.
- Don’t let the JELLO completely set in the fridge, otherwise you won’t be able to smoothly incorporate it into the mix. The longest you should refrigerate it for is 30-40 minutes.
- Not a fan of strawberry? Substitute out raspberry JELLO and raspberries.
Other JELLO desserts
Strawberry pretzel pie is always a hit at picnics and parties. Make it this summer and enjoy!
Looking for other JELLO desserts? Try these:
- Grape Jello Pie
- Candied Grapes
- Jello Rainbow Sherbet Ice Cream
If you’ve tried this STRAWBERRY PRETZEL PIE, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!