Below is a list of the best Strawberry pretzel pie ice cream voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
This no bake Strawberry Pretzel Pie is the perfect sweet and salty dessert. It is easy to make, and everyone will love the pretzel crust.
Strawberries are such a versatile spring or summer fruit. They are perfect for a quick strawberry cobbler, strawberry pie filling, or strawberry pie.
One of our favorite summer desserts are these little no bake strawberry pretzel salad cups. They have the perfect blend of sweet and salty.
So when I found this strawberry pie recipe in an old church cookbook, I knew I had to give it a pretzel pie crust.
After a few tweaks, I came up with a delicious no bake strawberry pie that we fell in love with. The pretzel crust seriously makes it amazing.
Why Make This
The best part about this strawberry pretzel pie is that there is no baking required. Just mix together the ingredients, place it in the fridge, and you are done.
The pretzel crust gives this strawberry pie a unique sweet and salty flavor that everyone will love.
It’s the perfect dessert for picnics, potlucks, or dinner parties.
This no bake pie is made with a pretzel crust, creamy filling, and fresh strawberries. It comes together in no time with simple ingredients.
- Pretzel Pie Crust – Mini pretzels, sugar, and butter creates the most amazing no bake pie crust.
- Strawberry Jello – Adds a great strawberry flavor.
- Plain Knox Gelatine – The extra packet of gelatine helps to thicken the filling.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Chills the warm Jello mixture and gives the pie a creamy, sweet texture.
- Strawberries – Fresh diced strawberries inside and whole berries on top make this pie berry good.
- Cool Whip – One container of thawed whipped cream will cover the top of the pie. Feel free to make this homemade whipped topping, if you prefer that instead.
How to Make
Not only is this strawberry pretzel dessert easy to make, it is also incredibly delicious.
- Crush the mini pretzels into small pieces. I put the pretzels in a ziplock bag and smash them with the back of a wooden spoon or a rolling pin. You can also pulse them in a food processor.
- Stir the granulated sugar and melted butter into the crushed pretzels. Then press the mixture into a 9 ½ inch deep dish pie plate. Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
- Add the strawberry Jello, plain gelatine, and boiling water to a large bowl. Stir until the powders dissolve. Stir the vanilla ice cream in immediately. As the ice cream melts, it will cause the strawberry gelatin mixture to thicken quickly. So you need to stir fast!
- Stir in the diced strawberries and spoon the filling into the prepared crust immediately.
- Swirl the thawed whipped topping all over the top of the pie using a piping bag fitted with icing tip 1M.
- Place the pie in the refrigerate for 3-4 hours to set up before cutting it into slices.
Store the pie in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. The crust does start to soften the longer it sits.
Tips and Tricks
- Spray the pie plate with a little bit of nonstick baking spray. This will help your pie slices to come out a little cleaner.
- Make sure you buy salted pretzels for the best flavor in the pie crust. The mini pretzels are the easiest to crush.
- The salty pretzel crust for this pie is no bake, so it will crumble apart a little bit as you slice the pie.
- If you want a firmer crust, bake it at 350° for 7-8 minutes, then cool before adding the strawberry filling.
- Allow time for this pie to chill. It needs to set up before it is firm enough to cut into slices.
How long does this pie last?
This strawberry pie with pretzel crust is best served the day you make it. Make it early in the day and then refrigerate it until you want to serve it later that day.
Can you freeze a Jello pie?
You can, but I do not recommend freezing this pie unless you will be serving it frozen. Freezing and thawing a pie with Jello will end up in a soupy mess.
Can you change the flavor of this pie?
Yes, you can change up the flavor the the pie by using a different flavor of Jello and different fruits. A few flavors that would be good are cherry, orange, and peach.
Other Strawberry Recipes
- Chia Strawberry Jam
- Homemade Strawberry Short Cake
- Strawberry Waffles
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Butter
- Mini Strawberry Pies
*The post for Strawberry Pretzel Pie was first published May 2014. The pictures were updated April 2017, and the post was republished June 2022.