Below are the best information about Passion tango tea lemonade voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Make this easy, caffeine-free Starbucks Iced Passion Tango Tea Lemonade copycat drink at home. It’s a fruity, refreshing iced drink that’s made in a few minutes with just 4 ingredients!
- Starbucks Iced Passion Tango Tea Lemonade is an Iced Passion Tango Tea shaken with lemonade. The drink is made without any syrups, but it’s sweet from the sugar that’s in the lemonade.
- Passion Tango Tea The tea used in the Starbucks drink is an herbal tea blend of hibiscus flowers, orange peel, rose hips, and passion fruit flavors.
- At Starbucks, an iced tea concentrate is used to make the drink. This homemade copycat version is made by brewing hot tea using tea bags and then quickly cooled with ice in a cocktail shaker. No cocktail shaker at home? A jar with tight lid will work just as well.
- It takes about 5 minutes to make this drink, including the time to steep the tea.
- This easy recipe recreates a grande size (16 ounce) cup of Starbucks Iced Passion Tango Tea Lemonade using 4 ingredients.
RELATED: Starbucks Iced Passion Tango Tea Copycat
Iced Passion Tango Tea Lemonade at Starbucks
Starbucks makes this caffeine-free drink by shaking ice, lemonade, and Teavana’s passion tango iced tea concentrate in a large cocktail shaker 10 times. It’s shaken to make sure the tea is chilled and all ingredients are mixed well.
The drink is sweetened by the lemonade, which is pre-made and contains sugar. It’s not possible to get this drink sugar-free.
The amount of ice in the drink can be adjusted by asking for light ice (less ice) or for extra ice.
Most people love the combination of sweet and tart flavors in the original recipe, but it’s also common to modify it by adding liquid cane sugar. Other ways the drink can be customized is by adding raspberry syrup, apple juice, peach juice, or strawberry acai Refresher base.
This drink used to be sweetened with Classic syrup but Starbucks no longer automatically sweetens their iced teas. If you want it to taste like how it used to, ask for 4 pumps of Classic syrup in a grande.
Like all their iced teas, this drink comes in 4 sizes: tall (12 ounces), grande (16 ounces), venti (24 ounces), and trenta (30 ounces!).
RELATED: Starbucks Iced Black Tea Lemonade Copycat
- Tazo Passion tea bagsTeavana’s Passion tea concentrate that Starbucks uses to make their iced tea isn’t available for purchase anywhere. A good substitute is Tazo’s Passion tea. DO NOT get the Passion Tango Tea Concentrate that’s sold pre-made since it’s absolutely horrible. Always make it from the tea bags.
- WaterUse filtered water, like Starbucks does, for a better tasting tea.
- LemonadeStarbucks uses their own sweetened lemonade in this drink, which isn’t available for purchase. Try Minute Maid Lemonade or Simply Lemonade, which taste very close to the one at Starbucks.
- IceFiltered water makes better tasting ice.
For full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to see the recipe.
- Put tea bags and hot water into a teapot.Simmer water on the stovetop or use an electric kettle with a temperature setting.
- Cover teapot and steep.
- Put lemonade, ice, and hot tea into a cocktail shaker. Shake.If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, use a large jar with a tight lid. Make sure it’s on tight before you start shaking!
- Pour Iced Passion Tea Lemonade into a cup.
Ways to Customize This Drink
This drink is already sweetened from the lemonade but if you like it sweeter, or just want to adjust the flavor, here are some options.
Make it sweeterSimple syrup is the easiest way to sweeten an iced drink since it’ll dissolve easily into a cold beverage. It’s quick and easy to make your own simple syrup at home using just 2 ingredients.
Add flavored syrupsTo sweeten and flavor this drink, add a fruity touch with peach syrup, strawberry syrup, or raspberry syrup.
Add fruit juiceInstead of adding syrup, add a little peach juice or pineapple juice.
RELATED: Simple Syrups Recipes
- Even though Starbucks uses a tea concentrate, the tastiest way to recreate the drink is to brew hot tea then cool it down quickly with ice using a cocktail shaker. Avoid Tazo’s iced tea concentrate since it tastes horrible.
- If you don’t have Tazo’s Passion tea, any brand of hibiscus tea bags will work.
- The tea can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Use an electric kettle to set the correct temperature and time to boil your water.
- The more you shake the iced tea, the more foam you’ll see on the surface. If you like a lot of foam, keep shaking it, about 40 times.
Questions You May Have
- 17 Starbucks Lemonade Drinks (Including Secret Menu)
- Best Starbucks Iced Teas
- Every Starbucks Tea Drink Ranked by Caffeine Content
- Best Starbucks Syrups
- 23 Popular Starbucks Secret Tea Menu Drinks
Did you make this and love it? Please leave a 5-star rating below or a review in the comments section!Want to save this recipe to Pinterest for later? Pin it now to your Pinterest board!