If you’re searching for a dessert that offers the perfect combination of flavors and textures, look no further than the Reese’s Ice Cream Cake. This delightful treat features layers of Reese’s peanut butter cups, caramel sauce, peanut butter, and chocolate sauce sandwiched between luscious ice cream sandwiches. It’s an easy-to-make ice cream cake that is guaranteed to please any crowd, making it a fantastic choice for birthday parties, summer gatherings, or any occasion where ice cream lovers come together!
What is an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake?
An ice cream sandwich cake is a frozen dessert masterpiece. It consists of layers of ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping, and various other ingredients, creating a lasagna-like dessert that looks as incredible as it tastes. Unlike store-bought cakes, these homemade creations offer a blend of flavors and textures that will surpass your expectations.
Creating this cake is a breeze. It takes significantly less time and effort than purchasing a cake from a store. Once you try making it yourself, you’ll fall in love with the simplicity and the rapid disappearance of this delectable dessert. In this recipe, I used vanilla ice cream sandwiches as the base, and added layers of peanut butter, chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, caramel sauce, and chocolate sauce.
To create this mouthwatering masterpiece, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- Peanut butter
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Caramel sauce
- Hot fudge sauce
- Whipped topping
For exact measurements, please refer to the recipe card below.
How To Make Reese’s Ice Cream Cake
Creating this ice cream sandwich cake is a breeze. Start by placing a layer of ice cream sandwiches on a serving platter. Microwave the peanut butter until melted and spread it over the ice cream sandwiches. To add your unique touch, feel free to experiment with different flavors of ice cream sandwiches, such as chocolate, mint chocolate chip, or neapolitan.
Next, drizzle caramel and chocolate sauces over the peanut butter, and sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups. Continue layering until you’ve used around 18 sandwiches. For the frosting, I recommend using 1 1/2 containers of Cool Whip, but you can adjust this to your personal preference. Alternatively, you can make your own whipped cream.
Finish off the cake by drizzling more chocolate and caramel sauces on top and adding additional Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. The best part about this ice cream cake recipe is that it requires no mixing, baking, cooling, or frosting. The ice cream sandwiches do all the work, and the result is always delicious!
Ice Cream Cake Flavor Combinations
If you’re feeling adventurous, feel free to explore various flavor combinations for your ice cream sandwich cake. Here are some delightful ideas to get you started:
- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches + Hot Fudge Sauce, Caramel Sauce, and Chopped Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches + Hot Fudge Sauce, and Chopped Andes Mint Candies
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwiches + Hot Fudge Sauce, Strawberry Ice Cream Topping, and Chopped Chocolate Squares
- Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches + Hot Fudge Sauce and Chopped Oreos
- Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches + Hot Fudge Sauce, Marshmallow Cream, Crumbled Graham Crackers, and Mini Marshmallows
To ensure the best experience with your Reese’s Ice Cream Cake, follow these helpful tips:
- Allow your cake to thaw slightly before serving. This will make it easier to slice into. Just wait for about 5-10 minutes, similar to when you scoop ice cream from a container. A little waiting ensures smoother and more enjoyable serving.
- Creamy peanut butter is recommended over chunky peanut butter, as it provides a smoother texture and blends perfectly with the other ingredients.
What Is An Ice Cream Cake?
An ice cream cake is a delectable dessert consisting of layered ice cream flavors with whipped frosting on top. It offers a delightful twist on traditional cakes and comes in a variety of mouthwatering options.
How Long Does Ice Cream Cake Last?
When stored properly, your ice cream cake should last for 3-4 days. Cover the cake with plastic wrap, and to prevent the wrap from sticking to the whipped topping, place toothpicks on top.
For more amazing ice cream cake recipes, be sure to check out these cool ideas: Ice Cream Cake Ideas