This creamy and dreamy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream is made with fresh strawberries, resulting in the perfect dessert for spring or summer.
Make Your Own Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Pin this recipe for later!
I have another delightful ice cream recipe to share with you today! And guess what? I absolutely love it!
Ice cream always brings back the nostalgia of summer, and strawberry ice cream, in particular, reminds me of the days spent at our family cabin in the mountains. Their strawberry ice cream is simply the best.
This homemade strawberry ice cream is incredibly delicious, and it will make you fall in love with its pretty pink color, just like Molly Ringwald in the 80s!
I mean, after that classic 80s reference, how can you resist this?
(Totally a rhetorical question.)
So, let’s dive into the recipe for this amazing strawberry ice cream.
This gloriously pink homemade Strawberry Ice Cream is made with an ice cream maker, and trust me, it’s worth the investment! My ice cream maker is one of my most-used kitchen tools, second only to my standing mixer. There’s truly nothing like the taste of homemade ice cream. 😉
Now, let’s talk about the simple yet delicious ingredients needed for this Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream recipe:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Half and half
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
With these ingredients, you can easily whip up this eggless strawberry ice cream recipe, which turns out incredibly creamy and flavorful!
Tips & Tricks for Making Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- For chunkier strawberry pieces in your ice cream, roughly chop the strawberries. If you prefer smaller pieces, feel free to chop them finer.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries with sugar, honey, and lemon juice. Let the mixture sit for 15-20 minutes, allowing the sugars and acid to soften the strawberries.
- Use a potato masher, fork, or pastry cutter to mash the strawberry mixture until there are no large pieces remaining. If you prefer a smoother texture, you can use a blender or food processor to puree the strawberries. However, I personally love having real strawberry pieces throughout the ice cream.
Additional Tips & Tricks
- Add the heavy cream, half and half, and vanilla extract to the strawberry mixture. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions (usually takes about 15-20 minutes).
- If you prefer a soft-serve consistency, you can enjoy the ice cream immediately. For a thicker texture, freeze it for 3-4 hours before serving. Let it sit out for a few minutes to soften before scooping.
This is my all-time favorite strawberry ice cream recipe! But, my Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream recipe comes in a close second. If you’ve tried both, let me know which one you prefer!
Be still my heart. For an extra decadent dessert, try sandwiching this delicious homemade strawberry ice cream between chewy sugar cookies! 😍
Here are my favorite products to use for this recipe:
Check out my other strawberry recipes: