Here are the top best Homemade pumpkin ice cream public topics compiled and compiled by our team
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream is a favorite seasonal treat! Make your own pumpkin spice ice cream easily, in your ice cream maker, whenever you’re in the mood for it.
This Philadelphia style pumpkin pie ice cream recipe is egg free, using cream, milk, and sugar to create the perfect flavor and texture in the ice cream machine.
This Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream is naturally gluten-free and nut-free.
Do you love ice creams with rich, bold flavor, like this pumpkin spice ice cream? Make this no-churn Coffee Flavored Ice Cream.
Would you like a pumpkin ice cream recipe with more mix-ins? Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream is just like this one, but with crunchy cookies mixed in.
WHY YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE THIS PUMPKIN SPICE ICE CREAM
Easy to Make – Philadelphia style ice creams are rich and creamy, without the need for eggs or cooking, making them fast and easy to mix up and dump right in the ice cream machine.
Pumpkin Spice – This pumpkin ice cream is perfectly spiced with vanilla and fall spices like cinnamon and ginger. It’s perfect for all of your pumpkin spice cravings.
No Eggs Needed – Some churned ice creams require egg yolks to create a creamy custard-y base. Not this one. It’s creamy and perfect without any eggs at all.
PUMPKIN SPICE ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
Heavy Cream – The basis for any good ice cream is rich heavy cream.
Whole Milk – A mix of both heavy cream and whole milk creates the perfect ice cream texture.
Granulated Sugar – Any good ice cream will have a good amount of sugar in it, both for sweetness and texture. For an extra flavor boost, use brown sugar in this recipe instead.
Vanilla Extract – Vanilla helps to enhance and bring out the flavors in this pumpkin ice cream.
Ground Cinnamon – The main ingredient in pumpkin spice, cinnamon is warm and sweetly spicy.
Ground Ginger – Ginger adds a bright, spicy kick.
Nutmeg – Warm and muted, nutmeg is key in any pumpkin spice recipe.
Ground Cloves – The final ingredient in our delicious spice blend.
Kosher Salt – A bit of salt balances out the sweetness from the sugar
If you have any questions on how to make this pumpkin spice ice cream, please leave a comment and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE ICE CREAM
- Chill the ice cream bowl for at least 24 hours or until solid. You should not hear any water sloshing around when you shake the bowl. In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and kosher salt.
- Whisk for a few minutes, until the sugar is completely dissolved into the mixture. You should not feel any grit if you rub the mixture together between two fingers.
- Your mixture should be cold at this point. If it isn’t, place it in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Churn the ice cream mixture in the bowl of your ice cream machine according to your manufacturer’s instructions, until it is thick and the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
- Spoon the ice cream into a shallow container or loaf pan.
- Press plastic wrap or wax paper to the surface of the ice cream. Freeze for at least 4 hours, or until solid. Let sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions in this pumpkin spice ice cream, please see the recipe below.
HOW TO STORE PUMPKIN SPICE ICE CREAM
Store this Pumpkin Spice ice cream in the freezer in an airtight container (we really like these reusable ice cream containers) with a piece of parchment paper or wax paper pressed on top for up to one month.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS PUMPKIN SPICE ICE CREAM
Use quality ingredients – When making homemade ice cream, you’ll want to make sure you are using high quality ingredients for the best outcome.
Choose the right pumpkin puree – make sure to use unsweetened canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling which already has spices and sugar added to it.
Swap Spices – Use 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice blend rather than the individual spices if desired.
Chill out – If possible, always start with chilled ingredients. This is important for homemade no-churn ice cream recipes and ice cream maker recipes.
Don’t skimp on the fat – High fat milks and creams are essential when making homemade ice cream. Opting for a low-fat option often leads to icy ice creams and inconsistency in the texture.
Don’t go crazy with the add-ins – If you’re adding in additional ingredients, pick one or two and make sure they are chopped into pieces no larger than a blueberry or pea.Don’t skimp on the sugar – Sugar not only adds sweetness to homemade ice creams, it also helps with the texture. Sugar is essential for the creamy texture in ice cream.
NO CHURN PUMPKIN SPICE ICE CREAM
To make this pumpkin spice ice cream without an ice cream maker, chill a shallow container or a loaf pan in the freezer while you mix the ice cream ingredients.
Pour the ice cream mixture into the prepared pan and freeze for 3-4 hours. Stir the ice cream every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours to help add air. This will help create a creamy, smooth texture.
PUMPKIN SPICE ICE CREAM ADD INS
Chocolate, white chocolate, or cinnamon chips will add sweetness and texture to this smooth pumpkin spice ice cream.
Crunchy cookies such as gingersnaps, or shortbread would also be delicious.
For a warm, nutty flavor, try adding chopped walnuts or pecans.
MORE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM RECIPES
- Toasted Almond Ice Cream
- Black Raspberry Ice Cream
- Pistachio Ice Cream
Here are some of our favorite ice cream making tools:
- Cuisinart 2QT Ice Cream Maker – Works with ice cream, sorbets, and frozen yogurt.
- Loaf Pan – You can use any 9 x 13 loaf pan or a shallow pan, but we like this one.
- Ice Cream Scoop – Make sure you have a good ice cream scoop. This is one of our favorites.
- Ice Cream Bowls – You can use any bowl, but we think these are fun.
- Ice Cream Containers – We love keeping a couple of ice cream containers on hand for when we make homemade ice cream.
Note: Each of these links will take you to the exact product on Amazon. As an Amazon associate, I earn a little from each qualifying purchase.
LET’S GET SOCIAL, you can follow us on Pinterest or leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Did you make this Pumpkin Spice ice cream recipe? Leave a comment below letting us know what you thought and if you added any additional add-ins.