This Delightful Peaches & Cream Ice Cream combines deliciously fresh and creamy vanilla ice cream to create a delightful peach dessert.
Elevate Your Ice Cream Making Experience
Are you looking for new and exciting ice cream recipes? Look no further! We’ve curated a list of our 22 favorite ice cream maker recipes. Trust us, this chocolate chip ice cream is to die for!
The Perfect Preparation
To start, make sure your ice cream maker’s barrel is frozen a day ahead. This step is crucial in ensuring that your ice cream sets perfectly. Additionally, be sure to select peaches that are super ripe and bursting with flavor and aroma. If your peaches aren’t quite ready, it’s worth the wait to achieve that perfect peachy taste.
This rich and creamy ice cream requires a custard base. If you prefer not to use eggs, you can follow our vanilla ice cream base and incorporate the peaches into it. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ripe and aromatic peaches.
- Heavy whipping cream for the creamiest texture.
- Whole milk for a truly indulgent dessert.
- Egg yolks at room temperature.
- Granulated sugar for a touch of sweetness.
- Vanilla extract to enhance the flavor.
- A pinch of salt to balance the sweetness.
Preparing the Peaches
To ensure the peaches are ready for your Peaches & Cream Ice Cream adventure, follow these steps:
- Select ripe and fragrant peaches.
- Rinse them under running water and delicately peel the skin with a pairing knife.
- Remove the pit and slice or dice the peaches.
- Puree your desired amount, adding a squeeze of lemon juice for enhanced flavor.
- Sweeten the peaches with sugar to your preferred level of sweetness.
Creating the Creamy Masterpiece
Did you know that this versatile ice cream base can be used for various flavors? It’s incredibly easy to make and results in a creamy texture that will leave you craving more. Let’s get started:
Step One: Heat the Milk Mixture
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, salt, and half of the sugar. Stir the mixture constantly until it gently simmers. Once done, remove from heat.
Step Two: Tempering the Egg Mixture
In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the remaining sugar until well combined. The key here is to temper the eggs without cooking them. To do so, gradually drizzle 1/2 cup of the warm milk mixture into the egg mixture, stirring slowly to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
Step Three: Combine and Thicken
Pour the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan with the milk mixture. Heat the combined mixture over medium heat until it slightly thickens. This process should take approximately 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to let it boil, as overheating can result in scrambled eggs.
Step Four: Chill the Mixture
Transfer the mixture into a bowl or container. To expedite the chilling process, you can place the bowl over another bowl filled with ice for 10-15 minutes, ensuring it cools down quickly. Once cooled, refrigerate the mixture for at least two hours until it reaches a cold temperature.
Step Five: Cook the Peaches
Although not mandatory, cooking the peaches will soften them further and prevent them from becoming icy in the ice cream. Start by peeling and chopping the peaches into small pieces. In a saucepan, simmer the peaches with a tablespoon of sugar over medium-low heat for approximately 5 minutes, until they break down and become soft. Once cooked, chill the fruit thoroughly before incorporating it into the ice cream.
Step Six: Churning the Ice Cream
Once the ice cream base mixture has completely chilled, stir in the cream and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. After 5 minutes, add the cooked and cooled peaches to blend them into the ice cream. Finally, transfer the churned ice cream into a freezer container or loaf pan and store it in the freezer.
Tips for the Most Heavenly Peaches & Cream Ice Cream
To achieve the best results with your Peaches & Cream Ice Cream, keep these tips in mind:
- Opt for ripe and aromatic peaches to ensure maximum flavor.
- Reserve a portion of the peaches to chop for add-ins.
- Consider making an egg-based custard for a rich and creamy texture.
- Allow your ice cream base to chill adequately before churning for a smooth and velvety consistency.
- Keep a timer and check the ice cream after 15 minutes to prevent over-churning.
Optional Add-ins for Extra Delight
Looking to add more excitement to your Peaches & Cream Ice Cream? Here are some delicious add-in ideas to consider:
- Toasted almonds or pecans for a delightful crunch.
- Drizzle of caramel sauce for a touch of sweetness.
- Crushed graham crumbs for a delightful twist.
- Dollops of whipped cream for a heavenly treat.
- A splash of bourbon or whiskey for an adult twist.
- White chocolate chips or shavings for extra indulgence.
Storing Your Peaches & Cream Ice Cream
To keep your Peaches & Cream Ice Cream in its prime condition, follow these storage tips:
- Transfer the freshly churned ice cream into an airtight container before freezing.
- To prevent ice crystals from forming on the surface, press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the ice cream before sealing the container.
- Ensure the container is tightly sealed and place it in the coldest part of your freezer, usually towards the back.
- Minimize opening the container as much as possible, as each thawing and refreezing can result in the formation of ice crystals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t forget to share! Capture your Peaches & Cream Ice Cream masterpiece and tag #AFoodLoversKitchen on Instagram. We love seeing your culinary creations! Also, follow us on Instagram and Facebook to stay updated with our latest recipes. If you’re craving more, check out A Pressure Cooker Kitchen for Instant Pot recipes, Air Fry Anytime for air fryer recipes, and Savored Sips for cocktails and drinks.
Love this recipe? Pin it on Pinterest!