Pampered Chef, a renowned direct seller of top-quality kitchen tools, food products, and services, presents an irresistible treat for ice cream enthusiasts. Prepare to be captivated by Pampered Chef’s Ultimate Ice Cream Recipe, a masterpiece that will surely satisfy even the most discerning palate.
Unveiling the Ingredients
To create Pampered Chef’s Ultimate Ice Cream, you’ll need the following:
- 1 quart of heavy cream
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Exploring the Key Components
Let’s take a closer look at the essential ingredients that make this ice cream a delectable delight:
Heavy cream, also known as whipping cream, is a dairy product derived from the high-fat content of milk. Its rich and creamy texture lends itself beautifully to various recipes, including ice cream, cakes, and pies.
Milk, sourced from cows, is a valuable dairy product that provides nutrition to both humans and other mammals. Packed with proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals, milk serves as an excellent source of calcium and other essential nutrients.
Sugar, a type of carbohydrate found in numerous food and drink items, adds sweetness to culinary creations. Composed of sucrose, a combination of glucose and fructose, sugar not only enhances flavors but can also act as a preservative.
Egg yolks, the yellow part of the egg, contain most of the egg’s fat, cholesterol, and protein. They are an integral ingredient in various recipes, including ice cream and custard.
Vanilla extract, derived from vanilla beans, provides a delightful flavor to food and drink items. Made by infusing vanilla beans in alcohol, this extract is typically used in small quantities to add a hint of aromatic charm.
Unveiling the Step By Step Instructions
- Combine the cream, milk, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook the mixture, occasionally stirring, until it reaches a boiling point.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they become light in color. Gradually pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks while whisking continuously.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Once achieved, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Enjoy the ice cream immediately or store it in the freezer for later indulgence.
Handy Notes for Ice Cream Enthusiasts
- Don’t fret if you don’t own an ice cream maker! You can still relish this recipe. Simply pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze it for several hours. Remember to stir the mixture periodically to prevent it from freezing solid.
- Feel free to scale up the recipe by doubling or tripling the ingredients according to your needs.
The Health Benefits of Ice Cream
Despite its reputation as a delicious yet indulgent treat, ice cream offers potential health benefits worth noting:
- A study published in the journal Sleep found that consuming ice cream before bedtime can aid in falling asleep faster and achieving sounder sleep. The high-fat content of ice cream is believed to slow down the body’s release of sleep-inducing hormones.
- A study published in the journal Obesity discovered that individuals who included ice cream in their diet experienced greater weight and body fat loss compared to those who abstained. The high protein and calcium content in ice cream are thought to contribute to a boosted metabolism and fat burning.
- Research published in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise revealed that post-workout consumption of ice cream resulted in increased muscle growth. The substantial protein content of ice cream is considered instrumental in muscle development.
- Indulging in ice cream can have a positive effect on mood, as confirmed by a study published in Food Quality and Preference. Participants who consumed ice cream reported feeling happier and more alert. The elevated sugar content in ice cream leads to a release of dopamine, thus enhancing mood.
- Ice cream lovers rejoice! A study published in the journal Osteoporosis International highlighted ice cream’s potential in promoting higher bone density. The substantial calcium and vitamin D content in ice cream are believed to contribute to bone protection.
It’s important to note that while ice cream may offer health benefits, moderation remains key. Opt for natural ingredient-based ice cream options that contain a moderate amount of sugar.
Nutritional Facts at a Glance
Here’s a quick overview of the nutritional content of some popular ice cream flavors:
- Vanilla Ice Cream (per 1/2-cup serving): approximately 137 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 17 grams of sugar.
- Chocolate Ice Cream (per 1/2-cup serving): approximately 153 calories, 8 grams of fat, and 19 grams of sugar.
- Strawberry Ice Cream (per 1/2-cup serving): approximately 140 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 17 grams of sugar.
Exciting Flavors to Explore
Let your creativity run wild with the Pampered Chef recipe! Here are a few flavor variations to ignite your inspiration:
- For a lower-fat option, substitute skim milk for whole milk and replace heavy cream with evaporated milk.
- To reduce sugar content, consider using a sugar substitute in place of regular sugar.
- Create a dairy-free delight by swapping cow’s milk for almond or coconut milk and replacing heavy cream with coconut cream.
- Vegan-friendly ice cream can be achieved by using plant-based milk and replacing eggs with a flax egg.
- Craft a gluten-free treat by using gluten-free flour in lieu of all-purpose flour.
- Opt for a lighter calorie experience by selecting light cream instead of regular ice cream.
Storing Your Ice Cream
You have three storage options for your delectable creation: the freezer, the fridge, or at room temperature.
- Freezer storage: Your ice cream will last for 2-3 months in the freezer. Remember to let it thaw for approximately 15 minutes before serving to ensure it’s scoopable.
- Fridge storage: Enjoy your ice cream within 1-2 weeks if stored in the fridge.
- Room temperature storage: For a shorter duration, ice cream can be left unrefrigerated for 2-3 days.
The Pampered Chef Ice Cream Maker’s Generosity
Curious about the yield of the Pampered Chef Ice Cream Maker? You’ll be delighted to know that it produces a satisfying 1.5 quarts of ice cream.
Beyond Vanilla: Exploring Ice Cream Possibilities
The Pampered Chef recipe is not limited to just vanilla. Unleash your imagination and experiment with flavors like chocolate, strawberry, mint chocolate chip, cookies and cream, and more. Embrace the joy of discovering your personal favorite!
Click here to explore the irresistible world of Ice Cream!
Indulge responsibly and relish the delightful experience of Pampered Chef’s Ultimate Ice Cream Recipe.