Here are the best information about Oreo ice cream cake voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Layers of Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream, Oreos, hot fudge, and vanilla ice cream sandwiches make the perfect dessert any time of year! Only 5 ingredients for this Oreo Ice Cream Cake!
Got extra Oreo cookies? Be sure to use them in these easy, delicious Oreo Cheesecake Cookies! Or layer them in our Oreo Brownies for a fudgy treat.
Easy Ice Cream Cake
I know many people think ice cream is a summer dessert only. However, in our house, we eat ice cream for dessert several times a week.
And when there is a special occasion or a birthday, I love putting together a quick and delicious ice cream cake treat!
I took that same favorite dessert and gave it an oreo cookie twist.
Enter…the Oreo Ice Cream cake. (almost as good as a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar!)
- This treat seriously takes minutes to assemble.
- Stays fresh in the freezer until you are ready to serve. While summer is definitely over, and the cooler weather is upon us, try making this treat using seasonal ice creams to mix it up!
This is NOT like a store bought ice cream cake with ice cream inside an actual cake. Instead, you layer ice cream sandwiches with MORE ice cream, hot fudge and cookies then freeze it solid. You can slice it just like a regular cake but it’s almost all ice cream-with just the right amount of fudge.
For a birthday, a holiday or any celebration, you can’t do better than this easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake!
- Ice cream sandwiches – The classic rectangular ice cream sandwiches with the chocolate cookies work best. Sometimes I can find the cookies and cream ice cream sandwiches which are delicious too!
- Cookies ‘n’ Cream Ice Cream – Or substitute your favorite ice cream flavor like chocolate ice cream, strawberry ice cream, or vanilla ice cream. You can also use seasonal flavors to make this for a special holiday occasion.
- Oreos – Any Oreo flavors that go well with your ice cream flavors will be delicious!
Step by Step Instructions
- Ice cream sandwich layer. Place 3 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of a foil-lined loaf pan. You could also use plastic wrap.
- Ice Cream layer. Spread the ice cream over the sandwiches in an even layer.
- Oreo. Crush 12 of the Oreo cookies and combine them in a bowl with hot fudge sauce. Spread the fudge mixture over the ice cream.
- Freeze. Top with 3 more ice cream sandwiches, cover the loaf pan with foil and freeze the cake for at least 3 hours or up to over night.
- Cool Whip. Take the cake out of the freezer and invert it onto a plate. Spread cool whip over the top and sprinkle with the remaining crushed Oreos.
You can eat the ice cream cake right away or stash it in the freezer for later!
Tips and Tricks
- Crushed Oreos. Be sure to really crush those oreo cookies for the filling. This helps make nice even slices when serving.
- Line the Pan. You can use either plastic wrap or foil to line the pan before adding the ice cream sandwiches. This makes for easy removal!
- Serving. Use a sharp knife to cut the ice cream (wiping between cuts). You may want to let the ice cream cake sit out for about 10 minutes at room temperature before slicing.
- Flavors. Switch it up! Use mint ice cream and mint Oreo cookies. Or Chocolate ice cream with mint Oreos. Have fun and make it special for your family.
More Easy Summer Dessert Recipes
- Root Beer Float
- Oreo Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- Banana Pudding
- Apple Dumpling Recipe
Oreo Ice Cream Cake is a recipe everyone should know how to make. With just a few ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, this dreamy, creamy frozen dessert is as easy as it is delicious.