Below are the best information about Orange creamsicle ice cream voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sharing is caring!
Vegan orange creamsicle ice cream is made with orange juice concentrate, French vanilla pudding mix, a little sugar, vanilla extract, oat milk, and coconut cream, and is an absolute dream come true! The creamy smooth orange-vanilla flavors taste just like an orange creamsicle. You will want to make this dairy-free frozen dessert again and again!
Remember summertime as a kid, carefree and easy, sitting on the front porch, eating an orange creamsicle? Well, then you decided to grow up…and go vegan. No more orange creamsicles for you! Luckily though, you can make this delicious creamy smooth orange-vanilla vegan homemade ice cream that will bring you back to the days of sitting on your front porch, with no cares in the world!
Click here for all of the delicious homemade vegan ice cream recipes, sorbets, and other frozen treats from Veggie Fun Kitchen.
This recipe was developed using the Ninja Creami Ice Cream maker. You can use another ice cream maker of your choice. But I will tell you, there is nothing like the Ninja Creami for perfectly smooth vegan ice creams!
This vegan ice cream uses a dairy-free base of coconut cream and oat milk. Adding in the instant vanilla pudding mix gives this recipe a true vanilla ice cream flavor. We add in just enough orange juice concentrate for an orangy flavor without overwhelming the vanilla flavor. That’s a lot of words to say: absolutely delicious!
Pin now to save for later:
Ingredients needed to make Orange Creamsicle Homemade Ice Cream
- unsweetened oat milk – or use any unsweetened plant milk of choice. I like to use oat milk for its neutral flavor and creamy texture.
- coconut cream – you will be skimming the cream from the top of canned coconut milk
- orange juice concentrate – the frozen kind, do not dilute!
- instant vanilla pudding – French vanilla pudding is the best if you can find it. And yes, it is vegan – with the possible exception of the sugar used. If your ethics do not include sugar from an unknown source then this is not the recipe for you.
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- You will also want a Ninja Creami ice cream maker! I promise you, you will! But if you have another type of ice cream maker, I’ve given instructions below at the bottom of Step 2.
Instructions to make this orange-vanilla homemade ice cream
You will find the complete list of ingredients with measurements, along with more concise instructions in the recipe card below. Read on to learn some important tips for making the tastiest orange-vanilla vegan ice cream ever!
Step 1: Skim the coconut cream
Skim one-half cup of coconut cream from the top of a can of coconut milk. I used full-fat coconut milk for a richer flavor and texture.
When I’m making recipes for the Ninja Creami, I measure and mix directly into a 2-cup measuring cup. That way I don’t run any risk of overfilling the Ninja pint container. If you are making ice cream using a different ice cream maker then it is less important to do this. Just make sure that you don’t go over the capacity of your machine.
You can use coconut cream, full-fat coconut milk, or lite coconut milk – especially if you are using a Ninja Creami. I using use what I have on hand – but using a fuller fat version will give the richest texture.
Make sure that before you skim the cream from the top of the canned coconut milk, you leave it standing upright and undisturbed overnight so that the cream rises to the top. If you have just purchased the canned coconut milk or don’t have time to wait for the cream to separate, just pop the can in the freezer for 30 minutes and that will speed up the process.
Step 2: add all of the other ingredients
Again, working in the 2 cup measuring cup, add the oat milk, orange juice concentrate, instant vanilla pudding mix (dry – not mixed), sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk everything together. It’s okay if it’s a little bit lumpy. The Ninja Creami will take care of blending the lumps during the processing.
Directions for using an ice cream maker other than a Ninja
Again, I highly recommend a Ninja Creami Ice Cream Maker. Homemade vegan ice creams can be tricky. Even after processing, vegan ice cream tends to be icy ice cream. It’s just not as smooth and creamy as ice cream made with actual dairy cream. The Ninja somehow works its magic though and can make even a can of frozen fruit turn out creamy and smooth!
BUT if you are using a different device, you will need to make sure everything is blended and smooth before processing. I don’t know of any other ice cream maker other than the Ninja that blends as it processes (freezes). So blend it up and then continue with the manufacturer’s directions for your machine. You can skip the following diretions as they are specific to the Ninja Creami.
Step 3: Freeze
This is the one and only disadvantage I see to using the Ninja Creami: must have patience for 24 hours while the ice cream mixture freezes!
To get around the lack of patience part, I’ve ordered extra Ninja pint containers so that I can mix up a few recipes and keep them in the freezer, ready to go for when the urge hits!
Pour the ingredients into the Ninja pint container and secure the lid. Because I often have several containers in the fridge at a time, I place a piece of tape on the top of the lid and with a Sharpie marker write the recipe name, date, and time I placed it in the freezer.
Step 4: Process
It’s important to follow the directions that came with your device. Here is what I do to process my vegan ice cream.
The first time you process using the Creami, you should watch the video recommended by Ninja. It will get easier the more you do it. Here is a recap:
- Remove the pint container from the freezer and remove the lid.
- Place the frozen pint container into the outer processing container or bowl that came with your device.
- Insert the blade/paddle device into the outer-bowl lid and lock the lid assembly.
- Place the bowl assembly onto the motor base pad. Make sure it is plugged in and twist it up until it locks.
- You will know it is locked because the lights will turn on when you press the on-switch. If you’ve not done it correctly then the “install” light will be flashing.
Process this recipe using the “ice cream” setting. Remove from the device following the directions that came with your machine.
If the finished ice cream is powdery on top or has little frozen balls of ice cream, your freezer might be too cold. Simply reinsert following the steps and this time process on the “re-spin” setting. You’ll now have creamy smooth vanilla ice cream with a hint of orange ready to eat and enjoy!
For more delicious vegan frozen treats from Veggie Fun Kitchen
- Basil Infused Strawberry Sorbet – No Churn
- Fresh Fruit Popsicles with Watermellon, Coconut Milk, and Kiwi
- Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet
- Haagan Daz Copycat Coffee Ice Cream in the Ninja Creami
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream in the Ninja Creami
- Pina Colada Ice Cream in the Nina Creami
The Printable Recipe Card
Did you love this recipe? Want to share the love? It would thrill me to no end if you could leave five ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ stars and even a comment. Did you know that this will help google to find this recipe when others are looking for something similar? Thanks, Cindy