Here are the best information about No churn chocolate ice cream voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
This Old Fashioned Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream is an easy no churn ice cream recipe. Made with only 5 ingredients and will be prepared in just 5 minutes.
To taste a chocolate ice cream is probably one of the desires we’ve always wanted to put on our bucket list as a child. Our sweet tooth, always wanting for something cold and sugary, often daydreams of owning a fridge full of ice cream inside of it.
Just like traditional ice cream, no-churn also comes with different flavors depending on your choice or mood. You can choose from variations, such as strawberry no-churn ice cream, vanilla, almonds, caramel chips, and there’s also dairy-free. In this recipe, we’re about to tell you the secret to create the all-time favorite: No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream.
No Machine? No Worries!
Good thing, we can now make our own in just 5 simple steps! It will give us an intensely deep chocolatey flavor with a smooth texture in a super easy and hassle-free technique. Also, you will surely enjoy the frozen but still a soft-serve treat that will satisfy your sweet and delightful cravings. It is homemade and can be done fast and manually – without the need for an ice cream machine!
Just a little bit of information, no-churn means “no ice cream maker” and you only have an electric mixer together with a handful of materials with you. It seems to be a bit of a difficulty, but I assure you it’s not.
Who would have thought that we can now quickly make an ice cream at the comfort of our homes and avoid the hassle of falling in line in supermarkets just to have one tub? Sounds exciting, right?
Why Does This Old Fashioned Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe Works?
This method is definitely good news for those who have no plans to buy an ice cream maker and also those who always purchase an expensive gallon of ice cream but still feel unsatisfied in the end.
Also, here are some of the reasons why it is better to try this recipe among others:
- Ingredients are affordable and easy to find in the market
- More accessible and convenient than the traditional process
- You only need a fridge and a few materials to do it
- Produces a softer sweetened chocolate mixture
- You can create bigger servings without too many expenses
What’s in the Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream?
Heavy cream: This is also known as whipping cream. It is commonly used to make ice cream since it has a creamy consistency and mouth-feel.
For best results, you can also place the bowl and electric whisk attachment in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before you plan to use them for whipping. Heavy cream works well when it is cold.
Pinch of salt: Ever since, we’ve been told that salt aids in the melting process, but how come we should put it in our ice cream?
Unlike water, ice cream freezes at a temperature lower than the 32-degree freezing point. Salt allows the temperature of the ice cream mixture to maintain before it melts.
Condensed milk, sweetened: Every dessert would unquestionably taste much better with sweetened condensed milk. This ingredient is also used as an alternative in the considerably long part of ice cream making – the custard base (which involves a combination of sugar, eggs, etc.)
Cocoa powder, unsweetened: Most desserts get their deep chocolatey flavor from unsweetened cocoa powder. This is also relatively inexpensive.
Vanilla extract: Vanilla is one of the essential additives in desserts, especially in making ice cream. It helps balance and enhance flavor and can also be an excellent add-on to tone the scent. Will require only a small amount.
Chocolate chips: In hundreds of ice cream versions I know, nothing would be better without these chocolate chips. Aside from the sweet and crunchy taste, chocolate chips add up the excitement to every bite.
How to Make Old Fashioned Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream?
- In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric hand mixer until firm but soft peaks form.
- Stir in condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt until combined. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the chocolate ice cream into a loaf tin or any container you have, wrap with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours until firm, then serve.
- Store the ice cream in a metal container to speed up the cooling and freezing process. Don’t overfill the ice cream in it.
- Don’t forget to seal the container as tightly as possible (but not too much) to avoid picking up odors from the fridge.
- Try to use up all the condensed milk in the can to make the ice cream sweet and tasty.
Try This Recipe Variations
- Swirl a sweet caramel syrup on top of the ice cream for a more sugary filling. But, it still depends if you prefer it or not, since we’ll be making chocolate ice cream here.
- You can add up marshmallows and almonds to make some double dutch chocolate flavor.
Old Fashioned Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream would be perfect for indulging with a slice of chocolate fudge or vanilla cake. You may serve it in a small bowl (good for 3 scoops) or inside a cone. Don’t forget to put cherries on top too!
This is the ice cream experience you surely won’t be able to get over! Now, are you ready to fill your fridge with homemade ice cream? Let us know your thoughts and experiences in making one. Chill, set, scoop, and enjoy!
More Dessert Recipes
- Funfetti icebox cake
- Crème caramel-a french dessert
- Bougatsa – greek filo custard pie
- Quick mango mousse
If you like this no-churn chocolate ice cream recipe and want to save it for later? Add it to your favourite recipe board on Pinterest!
Follow Healthy Life Trainer on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram to keep up-to-date with all new recipes. Also, you can subscribe to my Newsletter to recipe all the latest recipes once published.