Here are the best information about Cake batter ice cream recipe voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Sharing is caring!
This incredibly Easy Cake Batter Ice Cream is made using only 4-Ingredients with no special equipment! The perfect soft and creamy ice cream recipe that is packed with cake flavor.
There is no better way to celebrate than cake batter recipes! Be sure to try my Birthday Cake Pancakes and Cake Batter Pretzels.
This recipe was originally published June 30, 2013. It has since been updated to include fresh photos and helpful tips.
- Beginner Recipe: This recipe is perfect for beginners. The ingredient list is short and it is practically no-fail.
- Minimal Ingredients: You only need 3 base ingredients and sprinkles!
- Family Favorite: One of our go-to ice cream flavors is Baskin Robin’s Icing on the Cake. This tastes incredibly similar!
We have two family members that aren’t super fans of cake which makes it tricky when celebrating birthdays. Luckily, this Birthday Cake Ice Cream brings that classic flavor with the added joy of SPRINKLES. Bonus? You can make it in advance, it is rich and creamy, and you DO NOT NEED AN ICE CREAM MACHINE!
Ice cream is a favorite, and you know I have so many no-churn varieties already, but this one takes the cake. Dry cake mix is mixed into sweetened condensed milk for that bold flavor and whipped cream gives you that smooth and light texture.
Save this recipe. It is about to become your go-to.
FUNFETTI ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
The ingredient list for this recipe is short, and most of the items are shelf stable. We keep a box of cake mix and can of sweetened milk on hand always. That way we can whip this up whenever the mood strikes.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This is what will add the sweetness to your ice cream. It also works amazingly well as an ice cream base to add in additional ingredients.
- Cake Mix: Yellow cake mix, to be exact. You stir dry cake mix into the sweetened milk to add that classic birthday cake flavor.
- Heavy Cream: Wondering how this works without a mixer? Whipped cream adds the needed air into your ice cream batter. Be gently when folding into the sweetened condensed milk. You want it just mixed in.
- Sprinkles: Optional, but sort of not. Is cake batter ice cream even cake batter without the brightly colored sprinkles?
- While this isn’t absolutely necessary, you can add even more flavor by stirring in a 1/4 teaspoon of butter and vanilla extract.
- Another fun addition? Fold in baked cake pieces! Bake the cake and cool completely. Cut into small pieces. Freeze solid before folding in.
- Spread canned frosting onto a baking tray lined with parchment. Freeze solid. Break into small pieces and sprinkle throughout the better before freezing.
HOW TO MAKE ICE CREAM WITHOUT A MACHINE
- GATHER INGREDIENTS: I like to start by gathering and measuring out my ingredients. This helps the process of making ice cream run smoothly.
- ADD FLAVOR: Create the base of your ice cream by stirring together the sweetened condensed milk, dry cake mix, and extracts if using.
- WHIP THE CREAM: Whip the cream in a chilled bowl with a mixer until peaks form. Gently fold in with the sweetened milk mixture. Fold in the sprinkles.
- FREEZE: Transfer to an ice cream freezer container, or quality air tight container, and freeze for 4 hours, or until solid.
- Mixing Bowls: I am obsessed with this nesting set of mixing bowls (affiliate). They stack nicely and each bowl comes with a secure fitting lid.
- Mixer: You can use a hand mixer (affiliate) or a stand mixer (affiliate) for this recipe.
- Silicone Spatulas (affiliate): These make it super simple to fold the ingredients without the risk of over mixing and deflating the batter.
- Containers: I purchased this set of two containers (affiliate) a few summers ago. It is ideal for this recipe and fills both up perfectly.
ICE CREAM MAKING TIPS
I LOVE this recipe for so many reasons (as previously stated). One of the big ones is that it is so simple to customize. Here are a few tips to ensure you get perfect ice cream every single time!
MOER NO-CHURN ICE CREAM RECIPES TO TRY
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Honey Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Chocolate Mint No Churn Ice Cream
- No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream No-Churn Ice Cream
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!