This No Egg Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe recipe works perfectly with a Cuisinart ice cream maker. Since the base is made without eggs, there is no need to cook it. The texture is super creamy and the vanilla bean adds a ton of flavor. I promise you will be hooked!
This eggless vanilla ice cream is my newest obsession. It is so much better than store-bought, similar to my Homemade Strawberry Jam Recipe, which is also a great topping.
I also love to dollop my Easy Apple Curd on top of this recipe.
Looking for a warm dessert to scoop it on top of? Try my Apple Bread Pudding, Air Fried Apples, Condensed Milk Brownies, or Snickerdoodles without Cream of Tartar fresh out of the oven.
The Best 30 Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Recipes features lots of eggless recipes if you are looking for other flavors.
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Ingredients & Substitutions
- How to Make Vanilla Ice Cream without Eggs
- Expert Tips & Variations
- Recipe FAQs
- More Dessert Recipes
- No Egg Vanilla Ice Cream
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This no egg ice cream recipe for an ice cream maker is super smooth, creamy, and rich.
- The cream is flavored with both vanilla extract and vanilla bean caviar giving it an intense vanilla flavor.
- This vanilla ice cream recipe without eggs requires only 6 ingredients, including salt. There is no condensed milk needed.
- Since there are no eggs in this recipe, you do not have to cook the custard. One less step making this recipe even easier.
- This classic vanilla flavor is delicious on its own, with toppings, or on top of a warm dessert.
- Making homemade no-cook ice cream is a great activity to do with kids.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Vanilla Bean: Vanilla beans can be found in the spice section at the supermarket. These are expensive, but the flavor is incredible. You can replace the vanilla bean for an additional 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (3 total).
- Heavy Cream: For a richer ice cream, use 2 cups of cream and 1 cup of milk.
- Whole Milk: Whole milk has the highest fat content, which makes the texture smoother. I do not recommend using skim, 1%, or 2% milk.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts is located on the recipe card below.
How to Make Vanilla Ice Cream without Eggs
- Make the cream mixture.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Churn and serve!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Cut the vanilla bean in half crosswise.
Step 2:Next cut in half lengthwise.
Step 3: Use your fingers to open it up and expose the vanilla bean caviar.
Step 4: Use the back of the knife to scrape out all of the caviar.
Step 5: Whisk together the caviar, cream, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, until the sugar dissolves.
Step 6: Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Step 7: Pour the mixture in the ice cream maker.
Step 8: Put the lid on and churn the ice cream for about 20 minutes, or until it has thickened.
Step 9: Remove the paddle. Serve immediately for a softer consistency or transfer the ice cream to an airtight container. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until the ice cream has firmed up.
Expert Tips & Variations
- Make it in an ice cream maker. I have not tested this recipe without one. They reduce the amount of ice crystals that form while the cream freezes. This makes the texture much silkier. I use & recommend the Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt Ice Cream Maker.
- Use whole milk and cream. Especially since this recipe is made without eggs, the fat in the dairy is needed to make the ice cream smooth and creamy.
- Use a vanilla bean. I know these can be harder to find and are more expensive than extract, but the flavor is so much better.
- Whisk until combined. The sugar should be dissolved in the cream mixture before chilling.
- Add in 1-2 cups your favorite toppings. My favorites are crushed oreos, chocolate chips, edible cookie dough, M&Ms, mini peanut butter cups, and toffee chips. You could also add in diced fresh fruit.
- Store for 1-2 weeks in the freezer in an airtight container. This recipe usually doesn’t last long in my house, but after a couple weeks in the freezer ice crystals will begin to form. This is because the ice cream does not have the same preservatives and stabilizers that store-bought does.
More Dessert Recipes
For more information, please see more information about Homemade ice cream without eggs