Here are the best information about Dairy free mint chocolate chip ice cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – rich vegan chocolate comes together with mint, coconut cream, agave, and cashews for a sweet frozen treat even your non-vegan friends will love! Just blend and toss this no-churn ice cream into the freezer for a satisfying palate cleanser!
Ice cream is a must-have summertime dessert, but not everyone can enjoy it. Vegans and those with dairy sensitivities are often left out of the equation when it comes to homemade tasty frozen treats. However, this recipe for No-Churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream will have them rejoicing!
It’s made with coconut milk and cashews for an ultra-creamy texture that tastes just like the real thing without any of the added processed sugar or preservatives you find in most store-bought ice creams.
If you’re looking for a way to enjoy a sweet treat but you don’t have a big sweet tooth, then this no churn ice cream is perfect for you. This mint chocolate chip ice cream is not cloyingly sweet. It mixes the delicate notes of mint with subtly sweet chocolate chips for the perfect after-dinner treat!
Why You’ll Love This Dairy-Free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- It can be enjoyed by everyone as a healthy substitute to most high calorie, overly sweet ice creams
- It’s a no churn ice cream recipe that is made easily and with very little preparation.
- It is made with very few ingredients so you can make many batches of this vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream for an affordable price
Equipment Needed To Make Non Dairy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Freezer-friendly container with a lid
Ingredients For Your Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked overnight
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup agave syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 3oz. chopped Vegan chocolate
How To Make Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- In a food blender, blend together cashews, coconut milk, coconut cream, agave syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and mint extract.
- Once you have a smooth mixture, pour it into a freezer-friendly container.
- Sprinkle all over the chopped chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate with the fork, so it is all over the mint mixture and not just on top.
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 4 hours.
- Scoop and serve.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- Substitutions – Make this vegan ice cream nut free. For those who have cashew allergies, the base ingredients of this recipe may make you turn away completely but don’t worry! There is a way to make this recipe completely nut-free so that those with allergies can enjoy this easy recipe as well. To start instead of using cashews you can substitute for a frozen banana! That’s right a frozen banana gives you that creamy ice cream texture but it is completely nut free! You can stop there if you are able to have coconut but if not, we can substitute that out too! Just replace coconut milk with soy milk, and replace the coconut cream with a blended mixture of soy milk and extra firm Tofu, you should be able to replace this measurement as it is, because it is a 1:1 ratio. Blending the milk and tofu creates a cream-like texture that is a perfect replacement for coconut cream. You can also replace the coconut oil with olive oil or avocado oil. This leaves you with a completely nut free version of the recipe! The plus side with this is that the frozen banana cuts the overall freezing time in half!
- Additions – Add that classic green color. If mint chocolate chip has been a favorite of yours for some time you probably are used to that vibrant green color that is associated with it. While not all brands or even this recipe include the green coloring there are several ways to do it! Naturally, you could just drop in a tiny bit of green food dye but where is the fun in that? If you’re looking for a more natural way to add that color without changing the flavor then I would suggest green spirulina. Green spirulina powder is packed with antioxidants and comes from algae! Just sprinkle a small spoonful into the blender with your other ingredients and watch it turn a beautiful green. Other options include pistachios, for those who are not allergic to nuts, or matcha powder! Matcha and pistachio both have a subtle flavor that will add to the overall enjoyment of this recipe and allow you to make it your own.
Best Way To Store No Churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Leftovers
The best way to store your leftover ice cream is in a freezer safe container with a closable lid. This way you can keep it in the freezer just as you would a carton from the store and you won’t have to worry about warped or cracked dishes and nothing will fall into it or cause it to ice over.
Dairy free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream FAQs
Can I make this in bulk?
Yes, if you wish to create a large portion of this vegan mint chip ice cream then you can just double the recipe and store it in the freezer, since this is an item that can last in the freezer for months then it is a great item to make in bulk and save for later, just like store bought ice creams.
Does this vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream melt faster than store bought?
No, the factor of dairy versus dairy free does not really have any effect on the melting of the ice cream, it will last about as long and maybe even longer than dairy ice cream due to the fact that the base is made of pureed cashew nuts which have a stronger, less liquid texture.
Can I use vegan dark chocolate instead of vegan milk chocolate chips?
Yes, in fact vegan dark chocolate creates a rich flavor in this ice cream and if you are a dark chocolate fan then that would make this an even better option for you!
Can I safely transport this ice cream over a long drive?
Yes, if you are trying to take your delicious homemade vegan ice cream to a friend or family member, then you can safely transport it without it melting if you take the proper steps. If it is a very long drive, you should pack it in a cooler with ice. But a fairly quick drive should require no further preparations. Also since this is a dairy free item there is less of a chance of the texture being affected by refreezing if it does happen to melt.
Other Ice Cream Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
EASY HOMEMADE VEGAN VANILLA ICE CREAM
HOMEMADE VEGAN MATCHA ICE CREAM
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA NICE CREAM
- HOMEMADE VEGAN STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM