Below is a list of the best Ice cream recipe without heavy cream public topics compiled and compiled by our team
This simple, No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream recipe is sweet, creamy and is made easily without an ice cream machine.
This no churn vanilla ice cream is naturally gluten-free, egg-free, and nut-free.
This vanilla ice cream recipe is perfect for making milkshakes.
If you love no churn ice cream recipes, you have to try our No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream next.
Want an ice cream recipe with tons of flavor? Marshmallow Ice Cream is so delicious.
Why you’ll love this No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Vanilla ice cream is classic, versatile, and delicious. A perfect canvas for add-ins, and your favorite toppings.
Ingredients in Homemade No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
Sweetened Condensed Milk – Using this thickened, sweetened milk is a shortcut that replaces the traditional custard used in churned ice cream recipes.
Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste – Both are equally delicious, but I like the little flecks of vanilla that you see if you use the paste.
Salt – A bit of salt balances out the sweetness in this recipe.
Heavy Whipping Cream – We’ll be whipping this up to add airiness to the ice cream.
How to make No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream from scratch
- Start by lining a loaf pan with parchment paper and putting in it the freezer. Combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until still peaks form, similar to making whipped cream.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least six hours or overnight before serving.
- These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
How to store No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
Store this No Churn Vanilla ice cream in the freezer in an airtight container (we really like these reusable ice cream containers) with a piece of parchment paper or wax paper pressed on top for up to one month.
Tips for making this No Churn Vanilla ice cream recipe
Use quality ingredients – When making homemade ice cream, you’ll want to make sure you are using high quality ingredients for the best outcome.
Chill out – If possible, always start with chilled ingredients. This is important for homemade no-churn ice cream recipes and ice cream maker recipes.
Don’t skimp on the fat – High fat milks and creams are essential when making homemade ice cream. Opting for a low-fat option often leads to icy ice creams and inconsistency in the texture.
Don’t go crazy with the add-ins – If you’re adding in additional ingredients, pick one or two and make sure they are chopped into pieces no larger than a blueberry or pea.
Don’t skimp on the sugar – Sugar not only adds sweetness to homemade ice creams, it also helps with the texture. Sugar is essential for the creamy texture in ice cream.
How to make No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream in an ice cream maker
To make this no churn vanilla ice cream recipe in an ice cream maker, follow the manufacturer’s directions.
This no churn vanilla ice cream works well in most ice cream makers. Hand crank, electric crank, freezer bowl, and ice cream compressor.
No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream Add Ins
Consider adding the following things to your no-churn vanilla ice cream:
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Sprinkles or Jimmies
- Chopped peanuts or walnuts
- Your favorite candy bars, chopped up.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Sprinkles Ice Cream
- Sweet Cream Ice Cream
- Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
Here are some of our favorite tools for making no churn ice creams:
- Glass Mixing Bowls – We love using these glass mixing bowls, but you can use what you like.
- Loaf Pan – You can use any 9 x 13 loaf pan or a shallow pan, but we like this one.
- Ice Cream Scoop – Make sure you have a good ice cream scoop. This is one of our favorites.
- Ice Cream Bowls – You can use any bowl, but we think these are fun.
- Ice Cream Containers – We love keeping a couple of ice cream containers on hand for when we make homemade ice cream.
Note: Each of these links will take you to the exact product on Amazon. As an Amazon associate, I earn a little from each qualifying purchase.
LET’S GET SOCIAL, you can follow us on Pinterest or leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Did you make this No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream recipe? Leave a comment below letting us know what you thought and if you added any additional add-ins.
Make your own vanilla from scratch.