Here are the best information about Ice cream sugar cookies voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- sprinkles are instant smile makers! my kids love sprinkles, so for the last June birthday this month, sprinkles MUST be had. this no-churn sugar cookie ice cream is fun, festive and a great way to cool down on a hot summer day. you need absolutely no reason to make this other than to have something fun to top a sugar cone with. BUT, this would also make a cool birthday cake alternative if you ask me!
this sugar cookie no-churn is
- filled with edible sugar cookie dough
- easy to make
- tastes like birthday cake ice cream
- there perfect way to top a sugar cone
- like a party in ice cream form!
the short, sweet + sprinkle filled ingredient list
- European style butter
- granulated sugar
- clear vanilla extract
- this gives the classic birthday cake flavor
- can be subbed with regular vanilla extract if needed
- almond extract
- this enhances the vanilla taste of the sugar cookie
- is optional, but recommended
- almond flour
- or heat treated flour (this is a good article)
- since this is a no bake recipe, you can use naturally colored sprinkles if you like
- these get good reviews
- heavy whipping cream
- mascarpone cheese
- sweetened condensed milk
from these ingredients you will make the edible sugar cookie dough and the no-churn mascarpone ice cream base!
make sure you have these (no) baking tools before you start!
- 8 cup (+) capacity freezer proof container
- I love using 9X5 loaf pans, 9-10″ cake pans or even deep dish pie pans!
- metal and ceramic handle the freezer well in my experience
- stand mixer with with whisk and paddle attachments
- or hand mixer with beaters
- small sheet pan or large plate
- for holding the cookie dough balls
- large flexible spatula
- helps to mix the ice cream base together
- plastic wrap and foil
- this helps to cover the ice cream as it chills
- or use a container with an airtight lid
visual step by step for the perfect no-churn sugar cookie ice cream
tips and tricks for the sweetest, creamiest no-churn
- read through the recipe!
- some steps, like making the cookie dough and freezing the ice cream can take time
- if you plan on heat treating the (all purpose) flour, this takes time, too!
- use room temperature mascarpone cheese
- make sure it’s fresh
- push your finger in the cheese, it should easily leave an indention, but not be “slimy”
- GO SLOW
- mascarpone cheese demands a little extra love and time
- aka, if you go fast or use ingredients at the wrong temperature, the result will be less than stellar
- chill the heavy cream before whipping
- start on low speed for 30-60 seconds then increase to medium and high over the remaining minutes
- to make this extra speedy, chill the bowl and beaters or whisk before whipping
- medium firm peaks means the cream will hold a peak off the whisk, but isn’t stiff
- DO NOT chill the cream once it’s been whipped
- cold whipped cream paired with warm mascarpone can cause the cheese to break
- roll the cookie dough balls slightly larger than a chickpea, but smaller than a melon ball
- this is about 1/2 tsp of dough
- the sprinkles TOTALLY make the ice cream… sprinkle with abandon!
- chill the ice cream overnight if possible
- bring the ice cream out to room temperature about 10 minutes before you want to serve
- 100% top with extra sprinkles!!
- SMILE and enjoy!
more freezer + icebox treats!
- no churn tahini ice cream
- strawberry and lavender Prosecco popsicles
- Guinness toffee ice cream
- no bake margarita pie
- blackberry tiramisu icebox cake
Make sure to leave a star review below
Make sure to tag me on instagram @olivesnthyme. For more delicious dessert ideas follow me on pinterest
make sure to tag me on instagram @olivesnthyme. for more delicious dessert ideas follow me on pinterest.