Here are the best information about Macadamia nut ice cream voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Sharing is caring!
Hot days call for a scoop of cool no churn macadamia nut ice cream. Creamy vanilla base sprinkled with bits of buttery macadamia nuts in every bite. And best of all no special tools are needed to make this delicious treat.
Mahalo to Foodland Hawai’i for sponsoring this post. As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.
Summer is in full swing and what better time to make some delicious homemade ice cream. Problem is most people don’t have an ice cream machine lying around. But not to worry, that’s where this no churn recipe comes in.
That’s right, no special tools needed here. No ice cream machine, no stand mixer attachments. All you need is a few simple ingredients and kitchen utensils you likely already have at home.
The term no churn describes the process of making ice cream that doesn’t require an ice cream machine to churn your ice cream. Many traditional ice cream recipes start with an egg custard base. Other ingredients are then added in and churned to create ice cream.
Luckily you can still get delicious ice cream without it. Call in no churn ice cream. And not just any no churn, this recipe is for no churn macadamia nut ice cream.
Add a scoop of it alongside bread pudding, banana bread, apple crumble, or even pumpkin crunch for the ultimate ala mode dessert.
What are macadamia nuts?
Macadamia nuts are native to Australia, however it was introduced to Hawai’i in the 1880s and became the world’s largest producer for some time. The nuts have a buttery, creamy flavor and are hidden in a tough outer shell.
What are the health benefits of macadamia nuts?
Macadamia nuts are rich in nutrients. Filled with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Also a great source of antioxidants.
Toss some macadamia nuts in your ice cream and get a cool refreshing treat that reminds you of the islands.
Ingredients for no churn macadamia nut ice cream
- Heavy whipping cream. This is the base of the ice cream and the trick to not needing an ice cream machine.
- Sweetened condensed milk gives the ice cream some sweetness.
- Vanilla extract gives the ice cream a nice subtle base and keeps the ice cream creamy.
- Maika’i Roasted Macadamia Nuts, after all you can’t have macadamia nut ice cream without macadamia nuts.
The enemy of ice cream is water and air. Air can cause the ice cream to melt, water beads form and cause the ice cream to crystalize. This ruins the creamy texture and gives you a hard ice cream.
What’s the trick for the best no churn ice cream?
Adding a little vanilla to your ice cream base will help keep your ice cream creamy. Vanilla is made with alcohol and alcohol does not freeze completely. This addition will prevent the ice cream from hardening.
If you do not want your ice cream to have the vanilla flavor, you can use other alcohols like bourbon, whiskey, vodka, or tequila.
How to store no churn macadamia nut ice cream?
Ice cream should be kept in an airtight container in the freezer. A glass container will take longer to get cold, but is able to keep the cold in longer. A metal tin will allow the ice cream to freeze quicker. You can also use disposable paper cup containers like the ones that ice cream is sold in at the grocery store. My favorite is using a snap top lid plastic container like these.
How long does it take to freeze?
No churn ice cream will take about 2 hours to get a soft serve consistency and about 3 hours to have a more scoopable consistency. The type of container you store it in will affect freeze times. See above.
How long does macadamia nut ice cream last?
Macadamia nut ice cream will last about 3 months in the freezer in an airtight container to maintain the best quality. Longer storage times run the risk of freezer burn.
Other macadamia nut recipes
- Macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi
- Macadamia nut snowball cookies
- White chocolate macadamia nut cookies
- Macadamia nut crusted chicken alfredo
How to make no churn macadamia nut ice cream?
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a bowl. Using a hand mixer, whisk on medium high until stiff peaks form.
- To another bowl add condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Gently fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk using a rubber spatula. Then fold the condensed milk mixture into the remainder of the whipped cream.
- Pour in the chopped Maika’i Macadamia Nuts and gently mix to combine.
- Pour ice cream into a loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 2 hours for soft serve or 3 hours for a more firm, scoopable consistency.
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/keeping.it.relleFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/keepingitrellePinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/keepingitrelleTried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.Pin for later.