Here are the best information about Lemon ice cream recipes public topics compiled and compiled by our team
My No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream is so simple to prepare and tastes fantastic! Containing just three ingredients, this easy recipe will have you enjoying tangy, creamy ice cream with minimum preparation time.
- Why we love this recipe:
- Ingredients in this recipe:
- Step by step instructions:
- Tips for success and FAQs:
- More delicious recipes for you to try:
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
Why we love this recipe:
I love recipes that have connections with family or friends. I received this amazing recipe many years ago from my Godmother, and have happily enjoyed it ever since. There are no special techniques required – you just whiz all the ingredients together in a food processor and then freeze. It could not be simpler.
We love this Easy Lemon Ice Cream because:
- It only takes about 15 minutes of minimal effort before placing it in the freezer.
- No technical skills are necessary. If you don’t have any kitchen experience, you can still make this No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream.
- You do not require an ice cream machine to make this delicious dessert.
- It is not necessary to stir it to prevent ice crystals forming – it remains melt in the mouth, smooth and creamy.
- The texture is rich and creamy, the flavour is of bright, tangy lemon.
- It is made in advance; a great help when entertaining.
Ingredients in this recipe:
Please see the recipe card further along in the post for exact quantities of ingredients and the full method.
Fresh lemon – we use the zest and juice.
Caster/superfine sugar – it dissolves more readily than granulated.
Whipping cream – we have used heavy/whipping cream, which contains a minimum of 35% milk fat.
Step by step instructions:
- Add the lemon zest, juice and caster/superfine sugar to the bowl of a food processor and whiz them together.
- With the motor running, gradually add the cream.
- Process just until the mixture thickens to a texture similar to whipped cream.
- Spoon the ice cream into an airtight freezer container or a dish.
- If using a dish, ensure you cover with two layers of cling film.
- Freeze for approximately 4 hours. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes prior to serving.
Tips for success and FAQs:
For such a simple recipe, there are a few tips. One important tip is to remove the Lemon Ice Cream from the freezer about 10-15 minutes before serving to allow it to soften a little.
More delicious recipes for you to try:
Here are some more of our favourite recipes where lemon is the star:
- Creamy Lemon Pie
- Three Ingredient Lemon Marmalade
- Classic Lemon Curd
- Gluten-Free Lemon Madeleines
- Individual Lemon Curd Meringues
- Gluten-Free Lemon Tea Cake
I do hope that you will try this No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream. You will be pleasantly surprised that just a small amount of effort can provide such a rich, creamy, flavoursome dessert. It is so easy to make that it is suitable for weeknights. As well, it is so creamy and luxurious that it is ideal to make when entertaining. And if you’re like me, ice cream is not seasonal, it can be enjoyed throughout the year.
This post was originally published in August 2018. It has been updated with new photos and more information. The recipe remains the same.