Here are the best information about Fresh mint ice cream recipe voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Fresh Mint Ice Cream is like no other mint ice cream you’ve tried in the past. As you know, I love a great mint ice cream and Peppermint Candy Cane Ice Cream is a Christmas-time proof of that.
However, this Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream is a softer, fresher mint flavor that just might blow your mind. It reminds me of a dressed-up version of the Andes mint that comes with the check at a restaurant.
Mint Ice Cream
It is well-established fact that if you give me an idea I can probably turn it into homemade ice cream.
I like to think of myself as the ice cream version of the “Will it Tea?” episodes with Jimmy Fallon. Where the host is challenged to turn an item into tea and try it.
I would rock a “Will it Ice Cream?” challenge. Cheesecake? Done. Apple Crisp? Already did it. Oatmeal Cookies? I got you – and it is AMAZING. Lemon? Yep. Andes mints – keep reading, I did it.
Fresh Mint Ice Cream
Let’s talk about mint in ice cream for a minute. I am a big user of fresh mint whenever possible. Many recipes use mint oil or mint extract.
As I’ve mentioned before, you need to use extreme caution when adding mint extract to recipes, usually starting at a mere 1/16th or 1/8th of a teaspoon. You can wind up with a dessert that simply tastes like toothpaste very quickly!
The refreshing flavor that results after steeping mint leaves doesn’t do that at all. It’s a completely different mint flavoring when used this way. Pineapple Mint Gelato was the fresh time I tried a frozen treat made with fresh mint and it was love at first bite.
Use fresh mint, my friends! Summertime is upon us and no doubt you or your neighbor have mint growing in your gardens or flower beds. Grab a handful and make some ice cream.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
I have loved Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream for more years than I can remember. This version? With chocolate chunks that melt perfectly in your mouth? It’s perfection.
If you are on the hunt for an ice cream maker to help beat the heat this summer rest assured I have done your homework for you. Check here for a full review of everything from ice cream makers to scoops and you will find my favorites.
On the off chance, you have leftovers, these double-walled freezer containers keep your ice cream fresh and scoopable in the freezer.
The most popular question I get is whether it’s possible to make ice cream without a machine. The answer is YES. You can make ice cream without a machine. Find the full directions here!
Fresh Mint Ice Cream Recipe
- Warm the cream, milk, and mint in a saucepan over medium heat. When it begins to steam, remove the pan from the heat. Let the mixture sit and steep for 20 minutes.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl or pitcher and pour the mixture through the strainer into the bowl. Discard the mint leaves. Pour the strained mixture back into the saucepan and add the sugar and salt.
- Return to the stove and warm over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2-3 minutes. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until COLD, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Whisk the cold ice cream mixture once more and pour into the ice cream maker. Churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How to Make Chocolate Chunks for Ice Cream
- While the ice cream is churning, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small glass bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth. If needed, heat an additional 20-30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Let cool a bit at room temperature while the ice cream finishes churning. (If it solidifies too much to drizzle while waiting, reheat for 10-15 seconds and stir again.)
- When the ice cream finishes churning. Transfer about a third of the ice cream to an airtight container and drizzle generously with about a third of the melted chocolate. Repeat twice. Freeze until ready to serve.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
The best part of Homemade Ice Cream is the fact once you perfect your base recipe it can be adjusted from there with so many flavors and add-ins. Here is a recipe for The Best (and Easiest) Ice Cream You’ll Ever Make to get you started.
I’ve filled this ice cream with chunks of brownies, bits of cookie dough, pieces of oatmeal cookies, and swirls of salted caramel sauce.
Sweet chunks of edible cookie dough fill each scoop of this rich and creamy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.
For your complete summer guide to making ice cream explore all the frozen goodness of our Ice Cream Recipe Collection.