Here are the top best Keto vanilla ice cream maker recipe voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
No ice cream maker at home? Not a problem! It’s simple to make no-churn ice cream. Just take a look at this easy keto vanilla ice cream recipe without condensed milk.
- Ingredients Needed For Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
- How To Make Keto Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream Maker
- Frequently Asked Questions About Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
- Homemade No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream: The Perfect Dessert!
- More Keto Dessert Ideas
- 📖 Recipe
What’s wrong with churning you ask? Nothing really. After all, grass-fed butter, a staple of most keto diets, is made via churning, as is all butter.
But, in order to enjoy ice cream that tastes just like you remember before you went on a low-carb diet, you’d probably need an ice cream maker at home.
Well, most people don’t have ice cream makers at home for a few reasons.
- The cost can be pretty insane. Top-end home units run several hundred dollars!
- Not everyone has space. Ice cream makes can sometimes be big and clunky.
- It’s not always convenient. It’s just easier for most people to go to an ice cream shop.
But, you can make an easy vanilla keto ice cream recipe at home!
So how do you make this simple keto-friendly frozen treat?
Ingredients Needed For Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
You only need a few ingredients to make this yummy keto ice cream! All of the exact ingredients’ amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Heavy Whipping Cream
One of the issues when making your own keto ice cream is that most no-churn recipes call for condensed milk.
Even though this no-churn ice cream recipe calls for heavy whipping cream, which is dairy, the cream is virtually all fat and no carbs. In comparison, the typical serving of condensed milk contains over 20 net grams of carbs.
The solution to making quick, homemade vanilla ice cream without condensed milk is to whip an egg. The egg combines with the heavy whipping cream to simulate the texture of conventional dairy ice cream.
I also used grass-fed gelatin to give it the creamy texture you love from ice cream.
But, don’t confuse gelatin in this keto ice cream recipe with Jello-O gelatin from your childhood. Yes, Jell-O contains some gelatin.
Gelatin is derived from collagen. Collagen is an animal protein that comes from the parts of cow, chicken, fish, or pig that we don’t normally eat. It’s what helps to thicken the ice cream!
Then, I added some vanilla extract and my favorite low-carb sugar substitute for a really sweet and enjoyable dessert.
Most foodies prefer the taste of organic vanilla extract from Madagascar instead of the lower quality variety that’s sold by large commercial spice retailers such as McCormick.
Please note: Check out the recipe card at the bottom for a full list of ingredients used to make this low carb recipe.
- Looking for a 100% dairy-free keto ice cream recipe? Check out my recipe for Keto Chocolate Dairy-Free Ice Cream.
- Don’t use Jell-O for gelatin. There are three reasons that Jell-O isn’t healthy for you. The sugar content is Jell-O is outrageous! A 3 oz. serving of Strawberry Jell-O contains, wait for it … a whopping 71 grams of sugar. There’s no dietary fat to slow down the massive insulin spike and it contains artificial food dye.
How To Make Keto Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream Maker
Even the fanciest home ice cream maker requires a long churn cycle. But, the advantage of making your own no-churn ice cream is that you don’t have to wait for a machine to do its thing.
On the contrary, if you follow this no-churn ice cream recipe, it will be ready to eat within a handful of hours.
Here’s a quick overview of how to make it! All of the ingredients and instructions are in the printable recipe card at to bottom of this post.
Heat Up The Ice Cream Base
The first thing you will do is heat the heavy cream, egg, vanilla extract, gelatin, sweetener, and sea salt on the stove. You want to do this until it creates a foamy layer on top.
Let The Ice Cream Set In The Fridge
Then, place it in a container with a lid and put it in the refrigerator. Let it chill for about an hour.
After an hour is up, you can use an electric mixer to whip it! This is how to make it extra creamy.
When it has the texture you like, put it back in the freezer. Let it freeze for as long as you want.
Optional Ice Cream Toppings and Mix-Ins
You can also add any toppings that you want to the vanilla ice cream as well.
Just be careful to control the add-ins. And, if you’re going to add anything extra, remember to factor in net carbs if you’re sticking with keto.
A few organic chocolate chips are ok, but just watch out you don’t push yourself out of ketosis.
Actually, try my simple recipe for vanilla ice cream first! I’m confident you won’t feel the need to add anything to this low carb ice cream recipe.
But, feel free to top it with some sugar-free chocolate syrup if you’d like!
What To Serve With Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
This will taste delicious by itself. Or, put it on top of a keto brownie.
This frozen low carb treat can also be used to make a copycat Shamrock shake or coffee milkshake.
Frequently Asked Questions About Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
Before we get to the recipe, here are some questions people often ask about low-carb ice cream.
Is Ice Cream Keto?
If you make ice cream with low-carb ingredients, it will fit within your keto diet. My ice cream recipe is made with high-protein, high-fat ingredients, and no added sugars.
Is Ice Cream Healthy?
Typical ice cream is not healthy for you. It’s filled with sugars and carbs. However, my ice cream recipe is packed with vitamins and nutrients. The heavy whipping cream is an excellent source of vitamin D and calcium. The eggs provide a wonderful source of protein.
How Long Can I Keep No-Churn Ice Cream In the Freezer?
If you store it in an airtight and freezer-safe container, the ice cream will stay fresh in your freezer for up to 3 months.
Homemade No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream: The Perfect Dessert!
Hope you enjoy this cool and refreshing low carb treat! And if you need a dairy-free version, just use coconut cream instead of heavy cream. Or, try my almond milk ice cream recipe!
More Keto Dessert Ideas
If you enjoyed this keto vanilla ice cream recipe, here are some more low-carb desserts you will enjoy too.
- Keto Mousse is a very popular recipe because it is so simple and really fulfills that sugar craving.
- Low-Carb Chocolate Cake is a very rich and decadent dessert that is perfect for special occasions.
- Keto White Chocolate Fat Bombs are the perfect little snack to grab when you are hungry in between meals.
- Low-Carb Chocolate Molten Lava Cake is a really rich dessert that tastes just like your favorite treat from restaurants.
- Keto Shortbread Cookies are so easy and taste delightful with a cup of tea or coffee.
★ FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, AND INSTAGRAM FOR MORE EASY KETO RECIPES.
Updated February 9, 2021, with new images and additional recipe information. First published on June 11, 2018.