Below is a list of the best Keto mint chocolate chip ice cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is the perfect way to cool down in this summer heat! This recipe is our keto take on a classic flavor. This ice cream is also keto, low-carb, grain-free, and gluten-free.
Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
As the temperatures rise, cool off with our Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
Summer is officially here and that means one thing – it is Ice Cream Season!
Ice cream is something that translates into keto very nicely because it is already high fat.
All you need to do is sub out the sugar with your favorite keto sweetener and voila! Keto Ice Cream!
Featured Recipe Video
Check out this video to see how to make our most popular recipe – Keto Zucchini Bread Whoopie Pies.
They are easy to make and so delicious!
Chocolate and Mint
Chocolate and mint are one of those combinations everyone loves. The flavors go together so well.
These ingredients are a classic pairing for ice cream and this Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream combines both flavors for one decadently delicious treat!
This ice cream has the perfect balance between mint and chocolate.
To get that fresh minty taste, we are using peppermint extract. You can buy it online or find it near the spices at your local grocery store. A little bit goes a long way so don’t overdo it.
Keto Ice Cream Base
The key to keto ice cream is creating the ice cream base. There are various types of ice cream bases.
Some recipes use an egg base to create a custard-style ice cream. And while this type of custard base results in delicious ice cream, we found that a heavy cream base is just as tasty and much less work!
We’ve fine-tuned the ingredients and ratios for our keto ice cream over the years, and we have found the perfect combo.
Here is a breakdown for this recipe:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup keto sweetener (we used 1/2 cup granular erythritol and 1/2 cup confectioner erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Most people think of mint chocolate chip ice cream as having a green color. If you want that look, feel free to add your desired amount of green food coloring into the base. This step is completely optional.
Making the Ice Cream
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients for the ice cream base, all you need to do is whisk them together in a bowl.
If you are using granular erythritol, some people prefer to heat the all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat to dissolve the sweetener completely.
If you chose to do this step, you will need to transfer the ice cream base to the fridge to chill for at least 1-2 hours before you start to churn it.
Churning the Ice Cream
If you don’t already have an ice cream maker, we suggest you get one! It is a worthwhile investment and money saver. (This ice cream maker is our favorite!)
Follow your ice cream maker’s instructions for the churning process. Some may vary, but here are some pro-tips that are useful no matter what ice cream maker you have.
- Make sure the ice cream tin that you churn in is ice cold. Keep it in the freezer at all times so it is always ready!
- Make sure your ice cream mixture is very cold too. If it doesn’t seem cold enough, refrigerate it for a couple hours after making it.
- A cold ice cream tin and cold ice cream mixture will help your ice cream in the churning process, meaning it will churn faster and be fluffier!
- Add 1-3 tablespoons of vodka to your ice cream mixture to avoid having the ice cream harden into a rock when it is stored.
And that’s it! Soon you will be enjoying a delicious bowl of Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
Part of our Keto Mint Chocolate Ice Cream is the chocolate of course!
Luckily with the gaining popularity of the keto diet, low-carb chocolate brands do exist.
Some of our favorites are:
- Lily’s Brand – Is sweetened with stevia and erythritol and doesn’t contain any added sugars or artificial sweeteners. There can sometimes be a bad aftertaste with stevia, but you can’t taste it at all with this brand.
- Choczero – Is sweetened with monk fruit and doesn’t contain any added sugars, sugar alcohols, or artificial sweeteners. This is a great option if you don’t tolerate stevia or erythritol well.
- Macalat – Is sweetened with a combination of erythritol and monk fruit. It is made from all organic ingredients and also includes a touch or vanilla and cinnamon.
Be careful with the types of chocolate you buy and always look at the labels for the ingredients and added sugar amount.
For this recipe we used Lily’s Chocolate Baking Chips.
What Equipment You Need
- Ice cream maker
- Ice cream salt (check your machine’s instructions)
- Measuring cups
Looking for More Keto Chocolate Recipes?
If you’d like more delicious chocolate recipes that are perfectly keto, then check out these favorites:
- Keto Fourth Of July Chocolate Cake Pops
- 5 Ingredient Keto Mocha Ice Cream
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Keto Thin Mints
- Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
We Can’t Wait To See You Try It!
We love seeing our recipes come to life!! We can’t wait to see how you make these and loving seeing each person’s unique spin on it! Tag us on Instagram @cleanketolifestyle or use the hashtag #CKLrecipe!