This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
Iced coffee is one of the most popular refreshing drinks for hot weather. The secret of this iced coffee recipe is adding vanilla ice cream instead of ice cubes and blending all the ingredients together. The vanilla ice cream makes the cold coffee drink creamy, sweet, and thick.
Are you a fan of iced coffee and milkshakes? Then I am 100% sure you will love this ice cream coffee drink recipe.
This recipe for iced coffee with ice cream is so easy because it only contains four ingredients. However, you can add more ingredients and personalize this recipe to your own hand. The fun part is that you can variate a lot with this iced coffee recipe. This cold drink is basically more like a coffee milkshake because it is made of ice cream, coffee, milk, and sugar and is blended all together.
I can call myself an Iced Coffee and Frappuccino expert. Because I have tried iced coffees in so many restaurants and coffee shops with so many variations. It doesn’t matter where I am. When I see an iced coffee or a frappuccino on the menu I will definitely order it. I love iced coffees. I have tried out many recipes at home, but I love this one the most. My boyfriend adores this recipe. We drink it a lot in summer.
🧁 Ingredient Notes
- Espresso: Use any espresso you like. Use an Nespresso or an espresso machine to make the espresso shot.
- Ice Cream: vanilla ice cream is the secret ingredient for this recipe.
- Milk: I use whole milk for this recipe because whole milks makes the iced coffee more cremier than reduced fat-milk or low-fat milk. However you can use any milk of your choice.
- Sugar: Sugar is added to make this iced coffee more sweet. If you don’t have a sweet tooth like me. You can add less sugar or no sugar add all. The ice cream is also a sweetener in this recipe.
Note that these four ingredients are the base of this recipe! You can variate with this recipe. For the Iced Coffee in the photo, I added some whipped cream on top, a little bit of chocolate sauce, and some candied roasted nuts.
🔪 Step-by-step instructions
- Blend espresso, milk, sugar and vanilla ice cream until smooth. Start the blender on low, then turn it up high.
- Fill the glass with one scoop of vanilla ice cream and pour the iced coffee in it.
- Optional: add some toppings like whipped cream, chocolate sauce or an liquor.
For full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe card.
You can add one or more ingredients to make this iced coffee more personalized, some examples:
- Whipped cream
- Coffee Syrup: one table spoon of coffee syrup. Some recommondations are Hazelnut, Vanilla or Caramel.
- Toppings: like hazelnuts, candied roasted nuts, sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles.
- Liquor: some examples of some Liqours who will fit this recipe: Baileys, Frangelico or Rum.
- Dessert sauce: you can add it in the glass or on top of the whipped cream. Chocolate sauce or caramel sauce are both a good option!
- OREO cookies: blend the cookies together with all the other ingredients, to get an Oreo Iced Coffee.
The only things you need for making this iced coffee are a blender and an ice scoop.
I absolutely love my Nutribullet! It is fast and small. Makes perfectly iced coffees in seconds. 👉🏻 SEE PRIZE ON AMAZON
👩🏼🍳 Expert Tips
- Dip your ice scoop into hot water, when the ice cream is to frozen. So the scoop gets easier in the ice cream.
- Use quality espresso beans for a better coffee.
- Set the espresso first and let it cool down, before taking any further steps. I am usually to impatient to do this.
- White Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream
- Golden OREO Strawberry Milkshake
- No-bake Mojito Cheesecake
⭐️ Did you make this? Please leave a star rating below or a review in the comments section.