Here are the best information about Recipe ice cream pie voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Ice Cream Pie requires only THREE ingredients! Alternate scoops of your two favorite flavors of ice cream in a pre-made graham cracker crust for a dessert will be a hit wherever it’s served! With 15 minutes prep time (or less), this is the perfect dessert to make when in a time crunch.
Some other ice cream treats you’ll want to try next are this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake, Samoas Ice Cream Bars, or these Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Bars.
Ice Cream Pie
My mom is known for her Ice Cream Pie. She’d make variations of this pie all summer long; it was one of her go-to treats. And whenever she’d serve it, people would go crazy for it as if it were a culinary masterpiece that had taken my mom hours to make (ha)!
As far as I know, my mom “invented” this dessert, and well, to be honest, it’s not even much of a recipe. More of a concept — you’ll see what I mean.
Essentially you chose the flavors and pick the “theme” you want for this ice cream pie. It can be chocolatey, fruity, minty, coffee flavored, etc. Pick two flavors of ice cream that go together, grab a pre-made graham cracker (or cookie) crust and we’re already on our way to EASY dessert heaven.
How to make Ice Cream Pie
It starts with a graham cracker crust. For a true three-ingredient dessert, you’ll need to buy the graham cracker crust. However, if you have the extra time and want to, you can make your own graham cracker crust. Next, you pick two flavors of ice cream that complement each other. My two favorites? Salted caramel and chocolate fudge brownie. Mmmm, just thinking about it…
Scoop the ice cream into the pie crust. Add one scoop of flavor choice #1, then one scoop of flavor choice #2, then flavor #1 again, flavor #2, and on and on. The ice cream scoops will cover the bottom of the crust and then you do one more layer of ice cream scoops on top of that.
Finally, you press it all together with the plastic top that came with the graham cracker crust. If you’re using a homemade crust (and don’t have that plastic top), you can press together the layers with parchment paper and your hands. Once the ice cream scoops are solidly pressed together, it’s time to freeze the pie until it’s firm.
Once firm, use a sharp knife to cut out slices. Garnish if desired 🙂
Ice Cream Pie variations
- Minty: Try this Grasshopper version with an Oreo® crust and mint ice cream filling!
- Fruity: Use your two favorite sorbets or sherbets in a graham cracker crust.
- Turtle ice cream pie: Fill up an Oreo crust with caramel ice cream. Drizzle fudge and caramel ice cream sauces over top and sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- Oreo ice cream pie: fill up an Oreo crust with cookies and cream ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream and additional crushed Oreos. Drizzle hot fudge sauce if desired.
- Coffee ice cream pie recipe: fill up an Oreo crust with coffee ice cream, drizzle with hot fudge sauce
- Strawberry-cheesecake ice cream pie recipe: This is my favorite recipe!
- Peanut butter ice cream pie recipe: Fill a graham cracker or cookie crust with peanut butter ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream and crushed peanuts.
- Adding a cornflake crust: try this crust recipe!
- Adding a rice Krispie® crust: Foodiecrush is the genius behind this creative crust!
- Swap out the graham cracker crust for an Oreo crust.
Depending on the flavors you use for your ice cream pie, there are all sorts of options for what to top the pie with. Below are some of our favorite topping ideas:
- Whipped cream (from a can, or see: how to make whipped cream)
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Miniature chocolate chips or shaved chocolate (I shave a large chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler.)
- Crushed nuts
- Maraschino cherries
- Crushed Oreos
More frozen desserts
- Spumoni Ice Cream Bars
- No-Churn Brownie Batter Ice Cream
- Brownie Oreo Ice Cream Bars reader favorite!
- Gelato two flavors!
- Taste of Home ice cream recipes