Below is a list of the best Ice cream with bread public topics compiled and compiled by our team
Ice Cream bread is a 2 ingredient recipe that takes your favorite ice cream and self rising flour and turns it into a simple dessert bread.
Ice cream bread is SO inspiring for kids to make and create a deep dense bread that can be altered per ice cream. The consistency is quite like a pound cake and less like a light fluffy bread.
But the best part is this is a QUICK bread!
Add rainbow sprinkles, peppermint, or chocolate chips for some extra sugary fun. Because this recipe is flavored by the ice cream flavor (so you could easily use chocolate ice cream, strawberry ice cream or some fancy flavor like we did), its an easy to customize with a holiday flavor like peppermint or some of the fun flavors that the stores have like Pumpkin Pie or Eggnog.
TikTok Ice Cream Bread Ingredients
This recipe is one of those ” I can’t believe I didn’t think of that” recipes that will be fun to make over and over again with new ice creams.
A fantastic way to clear out leftover bits of ice cream containers, this ice cream bread recipe is a viral recipe that can be remade in any flavor, time and time again.
- 2 cups peppermint ice cream
- 1-1/4 cups self rising flour
- 12 peppermint candies, crushed
RELATED RECIPES: Easy Holiday Pumpkin Bread, Moist Zucchini Bread, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Apple Butter Bread, Ice Cream Bread, Bread Pudding
As a side note, 2 ingredient recipes are all the rage lately – make sure you also try Greek Yogurt Bagels, which also only need 2 easy ingredients!
How to make 2 Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
Add 2 cups of any flavor ice cream to a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave ice cream for about 10 seconds to soften but not melt.
Combine ice cream with self-rising flour and fold together gently with a spatula. Do not bother using hand mixers because the ice cream gets caught in the middle too easily.
Once ice cream and flour is mixed, which just takes a few minutes, pour the mixture into prepared loaf pan (spray down well with nonstick cooking spray).
Sprinkle top of ice cream with optional crushed peppermint pieces or other candies.
Place ice cream bread in the preheated oven, at 350 degrees, for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Please remember that oven times vary depending on the type of oven you have and even the location that you live, so I always start checking baking times at 30-35 minutes to prevent over baking.
Once baked, remove carefully from the loaf pan, cool, and slice!
Which Sprinkles for Ice Cream Bread
Another option to making bread is to mix sprinkles or jimmies INTO the dough.
Once mixed add 1/3rd cup sprinkles to the dough and fold in softly with a spatula, careful not to overmix. Then proceed with the recipe as listed.
- Nonpareils – Nonpareils are one of my very favorite sprinkles but they release the dye VERY easily (as shown in this ice cream bread) so the minute you add them and fold, they start streaking, which could change the color of your bread very quickly to something dark. These are better off used sprinkled on TOP of the dough versus folded in like we did.
- Jimmies – Jimmies are a great choice which are little pieces of sugar and cornstarch that work great for baking.
Ice Cream Bread Topping Ideas
- Peppermint pieces or crunched up candy canes – Break into bite sized pieces and press slightly into top of the dough
- Sprinkles – Use sprinkles right on the top of the dough
How to Store Ice Cream Bread
- Once cooled, wrap bread in cling wrap and then in a second wrapping of foil. This keeps the bread moist between slices.
Common Ice Cream Bread Questions
What is the difference between Self Rising Flour and All Purpose Flour? Self rising flour already has baking soda in it.
Can any ice cream type be used? Absolutely! Any regular ice cream can be used, but we have not tested frozen yogurt or sherbet yet.
What ice cream for what holiday? Try Peppermint for Christmas, Pumpkin for fall, Strawberry for Valentine’s Day. There are so many great ice creams out there to make bread with!
Can you use Ice Cream in Baking? YES! That is the whole premise of this awesome ice cream bread. It replaces the normal dairy components in the baking with melted ice cream.
What does ice cream bread taste like? Its dense, thick, and flavored to your ice cream. I found that ice cream bread tastes thick like a pound cake would be thick. Will it be your new replacement dessert? Probably not be its a fun viral experiment and I would say its good enough to eat (unlike cloud bread).
More Viral TikTok Recipes
As big users of TikTok, we see and try a ton of the amazing viral recipe ideas that go around.
Here are our results for tested tried and true viral tiktok recipes that make the mark:
- Hot Chocolate Bombs – Super fun to make, also holiday friend, melting chocolate balls with a pop of marshmallows is super fun. Grab your silicone pan and enjoy making these all season long.
- TikTok Oreo Mug Cake – This mug cake was surprisingly delicious and so easy to make for that “I wish I had some chocolate” moment. Tasted quite like a fudgy dense brownie!
- TikTok Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken – Everyone loves an easy to make slow cooker meal and this olive garden chicken IS that.
- TikTok Whipped Coffee – Also called “Dalgona” coffee this one made the rounds for quite some time before we gave it a shot. Guess what? Its better than Starbucks – no, really!
- TikTok Mini Cookies – Less of a recipe and more of a trend, making mini everything is addicting! Learn how to make itty bitty mini cookies for the win.
- TikTok Booty Dip – I love that this super simple dessert dip went viral because every party I ever had it was eaten right to the bottom of the bowl.