Below is a list of the best Ice cream with bread voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
- 2-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread Recipe
- Why We Love Baking With Ice Cream In This Recipe
- Substitutions and Additions
- Recommended Tools
- How to Make Ice Cream Bread
- Storage Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommended Tools
- Other Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- Ice Cream Bread Recipe Recipe
This 2 ingredient Ice Cream Bread recipe is an easy quick bread recipe simply made using softened ice cream and self-rising flour. It takes 10 minutes to prepare this light-flavor breakfast or brunch food and bake it into the best loaf that has a great texture and is perfect for toasting.
2-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread Recipe
Baking bread with ice cream sounds a bit silly, but this recipe for ice cream bread is actually an ingenious way to cook a quick bread at home.
All you need is your favorite flavor of ice cream and self-rising flour to create the best bite of bread that you can smear with butter or jam and serve the same way you would a danish or donut.
The trick to making quick breads with a tender crumb and moist texture is to make sure your ice cream is melted and smooth before mixing it with the self-rising flour.
While it may not taste like cake and you certainly can’t lick it in a cone, this delicious ice cream and flour bread can easily be customized with fun flavors and fillings so that it looks like dessert that you can serve as a slice.
Looking for more quick bread recipes to serve as a snack? Check out my Cream Cheese Banana Bread, Cinnamon Swirl Bread, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, and so many more!
Why We Love Baking With Ice Cream In This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make bread in minutes.
- Uses only 2 ingredients
- A fun, unique way to bake ice cream in bread.
- Flavor possibilities are endless.
- So simple that kids can help make it and decorate with cheerful sprinkles and colorful toppings.
- Perfect for slicing and serving with coffee or tea or enjoying after dinner as dessert.
- Strawberry ice cream: Feel free to use your favorite ice cream flavor for your bread. I do not recommend using low-fat, low-sugar, or dairy-free ice cream. Use full-fat ice cream!
- Self-rising flour
- Sprinkles: Use whichever color sprinkles fit the occasion. You can also omit the sprinkles from the bread and just use them on top, or not use them at all. But it’s always fun to eat a Funfetti-flavored bread!
- White chocolate chips
Substitutions and Additions
- Add-Ins: You can add chocolate chips, fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, or colorful sprinkles to your ice cream loaf cake batter. Mix them in before baking and/or add them on top for an extra special treat.
- Choose Your Chip: Try another type of chip, like semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even peanut butter chips.
- Make Your Own Masterpiece: Be creative with your add-ins and flavors. You can change so many things to get the perfect product by combining different ice creams, sprinkles, and baking morsels.
- Double Chocolate Ice Cream Bread: Use chocolate ice cream and mix chocolate chips into the batter and top with mini chocolate chips before baking.
- Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream Bread: Use strawberry ice cream and top with white chocolate chips before baking.
- Cinnamon Raisin Ice Cream Bread: Use rum raisin ice cream and add 1 teaspoon cinnamon into the batter. Additional raisins can also be mixed in before baking.
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream Bread: Use butter pecan ice cream in the recipe and top with finely chopped pecans before baking.
- 9×5 inch bread loaf pan
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Ice Cream Bread
This Ice Cream Bread is a quick and easy way to bake the best loaf because you can customize it with your favorite flavors! It’s as simple as mixing together 2 ingredients and baking the tastiest treat-no kneeding necessary.
- Make The Bread Batter: Stir the ice cream and combine it with the self-rising flour until it resembles a shaggy dough (lumpy but fully mixed). Fold in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.Pro Tip: The ice cream should be very easy to stir. If it isn’t then it probably isn’t soft enough.
- Bake The Bread: Pour the batter into a loaf pan, top with sprinkles, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-45 minutes.
- Serve: Allow the bread to cool on a cooking rack before removing from the pan. Cut and serve. Enjoy!
- It is best to let the ice cream soften naturally (leave out on the counter) rather than in the microwave as the microwave can mess with the consistency of the ice cream. If you are in a pinch for time, you can help the ice cream melting process along by placing it in the microwave for 10-15 second increments. You don’t want to completely melt the ice cream so make sure to check it frequently (but this is not ideal).
- Do NOT OVERMIX the batter! Stir the flour in just until it is incorporated.
- Be creative with your add-ins and flavors. You can change so many things to get the perfect product! You can combine different ice creams, sprinkles and baking morsels. Don’t be afraid to try all your favorite flavors.
- To Store: Place your ice cream bread in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.
- To Freeze: You can freeze your ice cream bread in an airtight bag or plastic wrap for up to 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring tools
Other Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- Zucchini Bread
- Cloud Bread
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- Lemon Blueberry Bread with Lemon Zest Drizzle
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Cheesy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread