Here are the best information about Homemade ice cream no machine voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
When you crave ice cream but don’t have an ice cream maker, this super easy technique works great every time. For an easy homemade, creamy, no-churn ice cream that’s safe to eat, it’s hard to beat this recipe. I’ve also given you some tasty tips, and lots of flavors too.
Table of Content
- Why make no-churn ice cream?
- Ingredients and substitutes
- No-churn ice cream recipe
- More variations
- How to make dairy-free ice cream?
- Detailed ice cream recipes
- Frequently asked questions
- You may also like
- Printable Recipe
- Join the conversation
No-churn ice creams have become the recent trend. And it’s not because the ice cream makers are expensive, but mostly due to convenience and endless options.
Having an ice cream machine means you need space to store it, and you also have to plan ahead of time. For instance, you need to make sure you chill the bucket at least 24 hours in advance. Then, once you churn the ice cream, you have to chill it again. So by the time you actually eat the ice cream, it’s like two days have gone by.
Traditional ice cream is not as easy as this no-churn variety. It is made with egg yolks, whole milk, heavy cream, and sugar. You simmer the milk mixture in a small to medium saucepan over medium-low heat until you have a thick custard that coats the back of a spoon. Mix in any additions like fruit purees or curds and cool in the refrigerator. Then, use an ice cream maker to whip smooth creamy ice cream.
Why make no-churn ice cream?
- It needs just 2 ingredients that you probably already have on hand to make a classic recipe. The additions are optional.
- And, it takes just five minutes to whip and about 4 hours to freeze.
- Also, it makes smooth and creamy ice cream with no ice crystals and no one will believe that it was not made using an ice cream maker.
- In addition, it has a long shelf-life. So, I make a few different flavors and keep them in the freezer.
- Blend milk and vanilla ice cream in a blender to make the most amazing vanilla smoothie you have ever tasted.
- And unlike traditional ice cream, this one has no eggs, which means it’s eggless – one dessert for everyone.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Whipping cream – The higher the fat, the creamier your ice cream. I use 38% fat content in my heavy whipping cream.
- Condensed milk – Condensed milk is sweetened, which is why we do not add any additional sugar. I always use my homemade condensed milk made in just 5 mins recipe. The best thing about the homemade recipe is that you can reduce the sugar.
- Vanilla – Condensed milk has vanilla in it and yet a little more goes a long way. Of course, you can omit the vanilla extract.
No-churn ice cream recipe
Ice cream base
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until almost stiff peaks form.Pro tip – The more you whip the cream the fluffier the ice cream. But, do not overwhip or you will churn the whipping cream into butter.
- Next, add the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix a minute more to combine.Pro tip – This is your basic no-churn vanilla ice cream. 😜
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Pour the base into an ice cream storage container.
- Blueberry Ice cream – Add blueberry puree to the base. Stir well to combine.
- Raspberry ice cream – Add raspberry puree to the base. Stir well to combine.
- Mixed Berry ice cream – Add crushed mixed berries into the base. Stir well to combine.
- Blackberry ice cream – Add crushed blackberries into the base. Stir well to combine.
- Lemon ice cream – Add lemon curd to the base. Stir well to combine.
- Chocolate ice cream – Add melted chocolate and cocoa paste into the base. Stir well to combine.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.Pro tip – For the creamiest ice cream, thaw the container for at least 10 minutes before you attempt to scoop the ice cream. This will soften any ice crystals.
- Oreo ice cream – Add 2 up to 4 cups of crushed oreo cookies to the base and combine well.
- Cream cheese ice cream – Add 8 oz of cream cheese instead of fruit puree or in addition to the fruit puree to make a fruit-flavored cream cheese ice cream. For example, strawberry cream cheese ice cream.
- Peanut butter ice cream – Add 1 cup peanut butter to the classic vanilla ice cream.
- Peanut butter chocolate ice cream – Add 1 cup of peanut butter to my no-churn chocolate ice cream.
- Nutella ice cream – Add 1 cup Nutella to the classic vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream.
- Cinnamon rolls – Add ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder to ½ cup cream cheese. Fold into the ice cream base and sprinkle ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder on top again.
How to make dairy-free ice cream?
- To make dairy-free ice cream use coconut cream and maple syrup or honey instead of the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Place 2 cans of coconut cream in the fridge for a few hours. When chilled, scoop the thick coconut cream from up the top and place it in a large mixing bowl.Pro tip – Using thick coconut cream without the liquid makes a creamy ice cream without any ice crystals.
- Add sweetener – ½ cup honey or maple syrup and combine well.
- Vanilla – Add vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and any other additions you want like 1 cup fruit purees or curds, 1 cup chocolate chips, up to 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies, etc. Stir well with a spatula.
- Pour the base into an ice cream storage container. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Pro tip – For the creamiest ice cream, thaw the container for at least 10 minutes before you attempt to scoop the ice cream. This will soften any ice crystals.