Here are the top best Yougurt ice cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Have you ever wondered how to make frozen yogurt? It’s easier than you think! With just 3 ingredients you’ll be swapping out those froyo shops for homemade frozen yogurt everyday!
I’m so excited to share this recipe! It’s absolutely delicious, just happens to be healthy and is ridiculously simply to make! Are you a fro-yo fan? It was totally “the thing to do” when I was in high school and college… head to the local frozen yogurt shop – you know, the one with 28 flavors of frozen yogurt and 134 toppings to choose from. I loved that you could build your own dessert but admittedly often went overboard on the toppings. Less is more in my opinion!
Just 3 Ingredients Needed
- greek yogurt – either full fat or low fat are fine! I prefer to use Greek yogurt as it makes a creamier frozen yogurt. I stuck to plain yogurt so I could add my own flavorings but you can use any flavor you’d like!
- raw honey – the natural sweetener in this dessert.
- vanilla extract – a flavor enhancer.
What Type of Yogurt is Best for Frozen Yogurt?
Really any yogurt works for making homemade frozen yogurt! I like using Greek yogurt because the end result is super thick and creamy. I also recommend using plain yogurt so you can add in your own sweetener and flavors but you could try using vanilla or your favorite flavor for a shortcut!
Optional Mix-Ins and Toppings for Frozen Yogurt
The options are endless when it comes to mix-ins and toppings! I like adding fresh or frozen berries or cocoa powder for chocolate twist but there are so many possible combinations! Here are some flavor combo ideas:
- peanut butter + chocolate – add in peanut butter to taste (I love peanut butter so I would add at least 1/4 cup!) and 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- PB & J – add in peanut butter to taste + fresh or frozen berries or jam.
- peanut butter + banana – sorry not sorry, I’m obsessed with PB! Mix in peanut butter to taste + 1/2 or 1 full banana, sliced.
- citrus – mix in 3 teaspoons of lime zest, lemon zest and/or orange zest.
- chocolate berry – add in 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen berries + 1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- blueberry lemon – add in 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries + 2 teaspoons lemon zest.
- strawberry banana – add in 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries + 1/2 or 1 full banana, sliced.
- mint chocolate chip – mix in 1 tsp peppermint extract + 1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder or cacao nibs.
What Kind of Frozen Yogurt Machine to Use
You do need an ice cream maker for this recipe! We love our Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer Attachment but any ice cream maker will work.
Here are some other options:
- Ninja Ice Cream Maker
- Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- Hamilton Beach Ice Cream Maker
How To Make Frozen Yogurt
STEP 1: Combine all of the ingredients (include any optional mix-ins) in a large bowl.
STEP 2: Place the mixed ingredients into your ice cream maker. Mix for 35-40 minutes or until your desired consistency is reached with your ice cream maker. Be patient with this step! It can take a bit to get your ice cream maker to the correct temperature.
STEP 3: Freeze for 2 hours.
STEP 4: Remove 1-2 minutes before diving in!
How to Store Frozen Yogurt
Store any leftover frozen yogurt in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-3 months. It’s important to note that the yogurt will freeze solid when stored for longer than a couple of hours so I recommend thawing a bit before serving.
Like this post? Here are more dessert recipes to try:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- Creamy Cold Brew Ice Pops
- Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream