Here are the best information about Dairy free ice cream sandwiches public topics compiled and compiled by our team
These super easy vegan ice cream sandwiches are such a wonderful summer dessert recipe to cool off! Made with dairy free ice cream and homemade vegan chocolate chip cookies that can easily be made gluten free, these are the perfect homemade ice cream sandwiches for all eaters!
A combination of two delicious vegan desserts:
Who doesn’t love a good homemade ice cream sandwich?! And with this vegan version, you’ll be making these dairy free ice cream sandwiches all summer long.
We’re using my favorite BEST vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe (linked in the recipe card) that can easily be made gluten free. The cookies are so soft in the middle, yet nice and crispy on the outer edges. Honestly, it makes for a vegan ice cream sandwich that tastes identical to a Chips Ahoy version! I’m not exaggerating!
Next, we have vegan vanilla ice cream. You can also use vegan chocolate ice cream. The brand I recommend is So Delicious or Forager Project!
You’re just going to love how simply these ice cream sandwiches come together- and they’re a lot of fun too! Plus, absolutely no one will know that these dessert sandwiches are eggless, dairy free, easily gluten free, and even nut free and refined sugar free as needed (especially if making your own ice cream!).
How to make vegan ice cream sandwiches from scratch (overview)
For the full written instructions and ingredient measurements, see the bottom of this post in the recipe card. You can also hit the “jump to recipe” button at the top of this post!Here, we’ll go over a brief overview of the steps, along with providing visuals for a better understanding of the recipe.
Making homemade ice cream sandwiches is super easy, but there is a bit of a timing pattern to it. If you want those super smooth edges, like in a store bought ice cream sandwich, then you’ll need to soften the ice cream. I do this by letting it sit out at room temperature while I bake the cookies.
After the cookies are baked, I allow them to cool and by then the ice cream should be soft enough to spread. You’ll scoop the ice cream into a baking dish and spread it to the edges of the pan. Then chill the ice cream for an hour.
After the ice cream has set, you’re ready to assemble your dairy free ice cream sandwiches!
- Place a chilled cookie on top of the ice cream.
- Using a knife, trace a circle using the cookie as the guide onto the ice cream.
- Remove the cookie and fully slice the circle into the ice cream.
- Use a spatula and carefully place the sliced ice cream circle onto the bottom of the cookie. Place a second cookie on top and serve!
Repeat for all ice cream sandwiches!
Homemade ice cream sandwiches pro tips & tricks
- DON’T scoop the ice cream onto the cookie. I mean, of course you can. But if you’ve ever wondered how chefs get that beautifully smooth edge, they actually use a biscuit cutter or a knife to cut a circle out of smoothed ice cream. If you want that kind of look, then follow the instructions as written below! Otherwise, scoop away 🙂
- Chill the cookies after they’ve cooled. This will ensure your ice cream sandwiches don’t immediately melt.
- Use your favorite vegan cookie recipe: of course, if you don’t want a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich, you can also use this vegan double chocolate cookie recipe or even a vegan brownie recipe!
- If it’s a super hot day: after you’ve formed the ice cream sandwiches, store them immediately in the freezer for another 20-30 minutes. That way they still stay structured when serving!
- You can use homemade ice cream: if using homemade ice cream, be sure to make the ice cream the day before. That will be easiest and just save you a lot of time on the day you want to enjoy these!
How to store ice cream sandwiches
If you have any leftover cookie ice cream sandwiches, simply store them in an airtight container and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
You are just going to absolutely love these homemade vegan ice cream sandwiches! They’re the perfect treat for a hot summer day, and both kids and adults just love them!
More frozen dessert recipes you’ll love:
Best Vegan Ice Cream Cake
Vegan Key Lime Pie
Easy Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
Want to save this recipe for later? Add it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below. This helps others to find the recipes! As always, I absolutely love to see your beautiful creations on Instagram and Pinterest, so be sure to tag me there as well!