Homemade strawberry ice cream made with just 5 simple ingredients. An easy eggless recipe that’s made with a non-cook cream base. It’s rich, creamy and tastes super fresh and delicious!
This recipe is one of my absolute favorites. It’s the perfect refreshing dessert to cool off with on a hot summer day. Enjoy it in a bowl or cone with a drizzle of hot fudge or use it to make a banana split or ice cream cake. It’s so delicious no matter how you serve it!
This is the perfect dessert for spring or summer when strawberries are in season. We love making all types of homemade ice cream when the weather warms up and this version is definitely at the top of the list. It’s super creamy, rich and delicious. It is SO much easier than you would think to make and tastes so fresh.
I love using my Cuisinart ice cream maker, however the only down side is you need to remember to freeze the bowl the night before. But once you’ve used it a few times, it’s not that hard to remember. And totally worth it! If you need an option without using a machine, check out my no churn berry ice cream.
How to make strawberry ice cream
Mash the strawberries. Wash and dry your fresh strawberries, then mash them up into super small pieces (if the pieces are too big then they’ll freeze and you’ll bite into a big frozen strawberry). You can use a hand masher or even pulse in a blender to slightly puree them. While I’m mashing them, I like to add a few Tablespoons from the cup of sugar to help create a syrup.
Mix ingredients together. Combine the mashed strawberries, heavy cream, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a large bowl. Mix in a few drops of red food coloring to get a light pink color if desired. Don’t over do it though, or else the color will be too bright.
Churn in machine. Pour the cream mixture into your ice cream maker and start churning. Once the mixture looks like frozen yogurt and stops churning, it should be ready (usually after about 20-40 minutes depending on machine type).
Freeze until firm. Transfer into a bread loaf pan or airtight container and place in the freezer for several hours until firm. Then scoop and enjoy!
Tips + Variations
- Mash your strawberries or puree them really well. There’s nothing worse than biting into a big frozen strawberry.
- Plan time to freeze the mixture for several hours to get scoop-able ice cream. If you like soft serve, you can enjoy some right when it’s done churning.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to turn the cream a light pink color. Don’t add too much or it will become too bright.
- Try adding in another fruit like peaches or mango for a flavor variation.
- Add in extras like graham cracker crumbs or chocolate shavings for additional flavor and texture.
More fresh strawberry desserts you’ll love:
- Strawberry crumb bars
- No-bake strawberry icebox cake
- Strawberry cheesecake mousse
- Strawberry Dole Whip
- Fresh strawberry sauce recipe
For more information, please see more information about Strawberry ice cream cuisinart recipe