Here are the top best Strawberry ice cream homemade voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
This Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream is creamy, dreamy, and made with fresh strawberries. It’s an old fashioned strawberry ice cream recipe that makes it the perfect spring or summer dessert.
Make this Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream from scratch this summer! It’s so creamy too!
Pin this recipe for later!
I’m bringing you yet another ice cream recipe! And you know what? I don’t hate it.
Ice Cream gives me all the summer feels, and strawberry ice cream, in particular, reminds me of summer days spent at our family cabin in the mountains (their strawberry ice cream is superior to all other ice creams).
This homemade strawberry ice cream is about as good as it gets (unless you wanted to throw some Neapolitan Sheet Cake or Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes into the mix—cake is always a good idea). Plus, it’s totally the Molly Ringwald of the ice cream world since it’s so pretty in pink!
I mean, after that classic 80’s reference, how can you even resist this??
(Totally a rhetorical question.)
So, this strawberry ice cream.
This gloriously pink homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Ice Cream is made with an ice cream maker, but it is so worth the investment! I have used mine countless times and absolutely love it!
In fact, next to my standing mixer, my ice cream maker is my used kitchen tool. Seriously, there is nothing like homemade ice cream. 😉
All right, so let’s talk about this recipe and just what makes it SO amazing.
Now, this Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream recipe calls for just a few simple ingredients:
-heavy whipping cream
-half and half
And, it is seriously so simple to whip up! Plus, even though is an eggless strawberry ice cream, the mix of ingredients make for such a creamy strawberry ice cream recipe!
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Tips & Tricks:
- Breaking down this simple strawberry ice cream recipe a bit, the first thing to do is to hull and chop your strawberries into small pieces. For me, I really do like bigger pieces of strawberries in my ice cream, so I do a rough chop on the berries. Depending upon your taste preferences, you can make them as big or small as you want.
- In a large bowl, mix the strawberries with the sugar, honey, and lemon juice, and allow the mixture to sit about 15-20 minutes. The sugars and acid from the lemon juice will release the strawberry juices, making them softer.
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Tips & Tricks cont:
3. Once they have set, with a potato masher, fork, or pastry cutter, mash the strawberry mixture until there are no longer any big pieces throughout.
**(Doing this by hand will give you nice strawberry pieces. If you prefer a smoother strawberry ice cream, use a blender or food processor to puree them. I prefer real strawberry pieces throughout, but it tastes great both ways!)**
The Best Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe Tips & Tricks (I might be biased…)
4. Add heavy cream, half and half, and vanilla extract to the strawberry mixture. Pour into an ice cream maker and follow your manufacturer’s directions (mine took about 15-20 minutes).
5. Once churned, if you like it soft serve, go ahead and enjoy! But, if you prefer it a bit thicker, chill it for 3-4 hours in the freezer. Before serving, allow it to sit out 5-10 minutes or so to soften, making it easier to scoop.
This is my favorite strawberry ice cream recipe! But, my other strawberry ice cream recipe, Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream, is a close second! If you’ve tried them both, let me know your fav!
Be still my heart. Try is sandwiched these chewy sugar cookies for an extra decadent dessert! 😍
My favorite products used in this recipe:
&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;
Check out my other strawberry recipes:
Strawberry Hand Pies
Strawberry Nutella Turnovers
Strawberry Crumb Cake Muffins