Here are the top best Dairy free pistachio ice cream voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
This paleo and vegan pistachio ice cream recipe is refined sugar free and eggless but ultra thick and creamy, and so easy to make! Both churn and no-churn methods are included.
Ever since I came back from Italy, I’ve been dreaming of pistachio ice cream. I tried this ice cream flavor for the first time in gelato form while I was there, and it instantly became favorite of mine. I loved that the taste of pistachios was subtle but detectable, and the ice cream itself wasn’t too sweet.
I was determined to create a homemade pistachio ice cream flavor without dairy or eggs once I got back home, and I finally succeeded in creating a recipe that’s pretty darn close to the version I had there! This homemade ice cream refined sugar free as well.
In This Post…
- Paleo & Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
- Tips on How to Make Vegan/Paleo Pistachio Ice Cream
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Printable Recipe
Paleo & Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
This is one of those recipes that proves that an eggless ice cream can be amazingly thick and creamy. It’s dairy free because it’s made with coconut milk, but I honestly couldn’t taste the coconut at all. The flavor of the pistachios with almond extract seems to be what shines through the most in this homemade ice cream.
This paleo and vegan pistachio ice cream is so easy, that even kids can do it! Because this is an eggless ice cream, you don’t need to heat up the mixture before freezing. There are only 4 ingredients that you add to the blender:
- Coconut milk
- Maple syrup
- Almond extract
- Combine coconut milk and pistachios in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend together.
- Taste and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn following the manufacturer’s directions. The mixture should firm up into a ball after about 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Serve this delicious homemade ice cream in a bowl or cone, sprinkled with chopped pistachios for garnish.
Tips On How to Make Pistachio Ice Cream
- Make sure to use a high-powered blender to blend the coconut milk and pistachios together for that smooth and rich texture.
- When tasting to adjust the sweetness, keep in mind that the pistachio ice cream will taste less sweet once frozen. You’ll want to add a bit more maple syrup to adjust for that.
- This is totally optional, but I like to chop up pistachios and sprinkle it over the ice cream before serving. It adds a delicious crunch, and I highly recommend you try it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Paleo & Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Other recipes you might love…
- Vegan & Paleo Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
- 3-Ingredient Paleo Matcha Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Ginger Molasses No-Churn Ice Cream
- Creamy Keto Fudgesicles (Paleo, Vegan)
- Coconut Mixed Berry Paleo Popsicles (Vegan)
Want more delicious recipes? Check out my cookbook, Korean Paleo: 80 Bold-Flavored, Gluten- and Grain-Free Recipes!