Below is a list of the best Strawberry ice cream without an ice cream maker public topics compiled and compiled by our team
No ice cream maker is required for this fresh, simple No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream. Only 6 ingredients and a few minutes are all you need to whip up this summer dessert that is perfect any season. You will love this ice cream on a cone, in a sundae or straight from the bowl!
Creamy and delicious ice cream without an ice cream maker? YES! It is for real a thing. This No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream is a simple refreshing way to make a cold homemade summer treat.
Huge fan of no churn ice creams here. Like, HUGE. My Butter Pecan is quite possibly my favorite, but the Lemon Ice Cream and Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream never disappoint either.
I donated my ice cream maker a few years ago because it was collecting dust. Do I regret it? Sometimes, yes, but I still have plenty of options for homemade ice cream without it!
Why You Will Love This No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream:
- Only 6 ingredients. Fresh berries, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and condensed milk. A very small list of ingredients for a recipe that packs all the flavor.
- Fresh, summer flavor. Who can resist strawberry ice cream during berry season? You can use frozen berries technically so all year round is still a a good time for this recipe.
- Super simple to make. Whip the heavy whipping cream, mash or puree the berries, stir it all together and freeze. Homemade ice cream that takes very little effort to make!
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- strawberries: fresh or frozen will work. Thaw if using frozen to mash or puree. You could also use another berry or mixture of berries as desired.
- heavy whipping cream: make sure it is heavy whipping cream. This will whip into a thicker cream versus regular whipping cream. Do not use half and half.
- sugar: you can use another sweetener if desired. Also adjust if the berries are very tart.
- vanilla: a high quality vanilla will add a more robust flavor, I suggest it over imitation vanilla. But obviously, use whatever is available!
- lemon juice: this will bring out the strawberry flavor. I sometimes add some zest as well.
- sweetened condensed milk: one can is all you need!
How to make this no churn strawberry ice cream:
- Toss the strawberries with sugar and lemon juice. Mash them with a potato masher or you can pulse them in the food processor. Mash until mostly smooth and bits are pea sized at the most. If the mixture seems very watery, drain excess liquid. Set aside. (step 1)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium high until stiff peaks start to form. This will take 4-5 minutes. Just don’t over beat the mixture as it can become clumpy and almost butter like. (step 2)
- In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk and vanilla. Add a pinch of salt here as well if desired. Very gently fold in the whipped cream until combined. (steps 3 and 4)
- Fold in the strawberry mixture and transfer to a freezer safe container. I prefer to use a bread pan-it’s the perfect size. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until frozen. (step 6)
Allow the ice cream to sit out for about 10 minutes for easier scooping. Enjoy!
You can stir in chocolate chips or chunks as well for a strawberry chocolate chip ice cream. Or just add a big drizzle of hot fudge when serving.
Notes and Tips:
- The only major issue I have had with making this No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream with chunks of strawberries is that sometimes all the chunks settle together in big chunks. If you leave chunks in your ice cream, stir the ice cream after it has been able to set for about an hour or so to try and spread them out.
- Strawberry ice cream doesn’t necessarily mean pink ice cream. You can add a drop or two of red food coloring if you want a richer pink color. There are lots of natural food colorings out there as well if you prefer the pink but don’t want the dyes.
- This ice cream makes the BEST ice cream cookie sandwiches. Spoon slightly softened ice cream onto your favorite cookie (something with chocolate is amazing) and add another on top, pressing gently. Freeze until firm.
Try these other treats:
- Mixed Berry Oat Bars
- Simple Strawberry Crumble
- Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for all the latest!