Below is a list of the best Homemade rolled ice cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
- Rolled Up Ice Cream at Home
- Why We Love Ice Cream Rolls
- Rolled Ice Cream Ingredients
- Useful Tools for Rolling Ice Cream
- How to Make Rolled Ice Cream
- Variations of Ice Cream Rolls
- Rolled Up Ice Cream FAQs
- Other Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Oreo Rolled Ice Cream Recipe
Our Homemade Rolled Ice Cream is an easy way to make the fun and delicious treat at home. Sometimes called Thai Rolled Ice Cream or stir-fried ice cream, this no-churn ice cream recipe is loaded with Oreo cookies and makes for the perfect tubes or rolls of creamy deliciousness in every bite!
Rolled Up Ice Cream at Home
I am a sucker for anything that combines Oreos and ice cream. Like my recipe for the best homemade Oreo Milkshake or a Cookies n Cream ice cream cone. But, this Oreo rolled ice cream might take the cake. It’s such a fun and unique way to enjoy an ice cream treat.
Rolled ice cream became popular a few years back and is made by freezing a thin layer of ice cream that’s filled with various toppings. Then the thin layers are scraped into rolls, placed in a bowl, and topped off with delicious toppings! Normally, you have to have a rolled ice cream machine, but with this recipe you can make this tasty, fun treat right at home!
Why We Love Ice Cream Rolls
- Cool dessert that kids love
- Quick and easy prep
- Only takes about 15 minutes to make
- Can be made with a variety of flavors and toppings
- Freezer friendly for up to 3 months
- Perfect for a summertime snack
- No need for a rolled ice cream machine & no-churn recipe
- Homemade ice cream recipe
Rolled Ice Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Oreos finely chopped
Useful Tools for Rolling Ice Cream
- Large sheet pans or 2 1/4 sheet pans
- Ice Cream Scraper or Thin Metal Spatula
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Rolled Ice Cream
The prep for your rolled ice cream is really quite simple. It should only take about 15 minutes to get it ready to place in the freezer. Then, it’s a waiting game until it’s time to create your perfect ice cream rolls!
Combine cream, milk, syrup, and vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
Pour mixture onto a large sheet pan. Sprinkle chopped Oreos over the entire sheet.
Place in the freezer 4-5 hours.
Use your scraper to scrape the ice cream into rolls.Pro-tip: You will want to place your serving bowl and ice cream scraper for forming rolled ice cream in the freezer for 15-30 minutes before assembling so they don’t melt the ice cream.
Place rolls in your chilled bowl and top with toppings!Pro-tip: Make sure to roll the ice cream quickly as soon as you bring it out of the freezer. Once it starts to thaw, it becomes more difficult to roll. It’s also important to wait until the mixture is completely frozen to do this as well.
Variations of Ice Cream Rolls
- SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK: You can replace this for milk and sugar, but I like using this option as it combines both and brings a nice creaminess to the ice cream.
- CHOCOLATE SYRUP: If you want to try this with another flavor of syrup, like caramel, I highly encourage that experimentation (let me know if you want me to come over and taste test.)
- OREOS: Replace this with another chocolaty treat, like Snickers, Reese’s or something equally delicious.
- COOL WHIP: You could also use redi-whip or some other type of whipped cream. You could even make your own and try out my homemade whipped topping recipe!
- TOPPINGS: You can top your rolled ice cream off with anything that you like! More Oreos, other types of candy, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, fruit, caramel, hot fudge… the list could go on! The options are endless.
Rolled Up Ice Cream FAQs
Other Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Vanilla Ice Cream | Cotton Candy Ice Cream | Harry Potter Butterbeer Ice Cream | Peach Ice Cream | Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream | Reese’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream | Cookie Monster Ice Cream | Kool Aid Ice Cream