Here are the top best Chocolate syrup for ice cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
This easy Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe is super smooth, perfectly sweet, and tastes so much better than the store-bought version. Use this chocolate sauce to make chocolate milk and hot chocolate, or drizzle over ice cream, brownies, and so much more.
- Easy Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- Ingredients in this Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Syrup
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storing Chocolate Sauce
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
- More of the Best Sauces and Toppings for Desserts
Easy Homemade Chocolate Sauce
All you need to make this delicious Homemade Chocolate Syrup is a handful of simple ingredients and just about 10 minutes. It tastes worlds better than Hershey’s, and it doesn’t have any high fructose corn syrup, xanthan gum, mono and diglycerides – you get the picture.
I like to make this recipe and store it in a glass jar in the fridge so that I can make hot chocolate or chocolate milk on a whim. Plus it’s great to have on hand to drizzle over a bowl of vanilla ice cream, or a warm brownie.
If you’re looking for a thick chocolate sauce, check out our recipe for the Best Hot Fudge.
Uses for Homemade Chocolate Sauce
You can use this Homemade Chocolate Syrup anywhere you want to quickly and easily add a little chocolate flavor. Here are some of our favorite uses for this recipe:
- Make Homemade Hot Chocolate – stir your homemade chocolate sauce into warm milk to make hot chocolate.
- Make Homemade Chocolate Milk Syrup – for easy homemade chocolate milk syrup, stir 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup into about 8 ounces of cold milk.
- Add to coffee. Need I say more?
- Serve over ice cream. Serve warm or at room temperature drizzled over vanilla ice cream. Top with whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry on top for a simple ice cream sundae.
- Drizzle over brownies or cheesecake. Drizzle chocolate syrup over these Chewy Fudge Brownies or Chocolate No-Bake Cheesecake Bars for a little upgrade.
- Recipes- This chocolate sauce recipe works great for recipes with chocolate syrup.
Ingredients in this Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
- Water – this is the liquid base for your sauce and can easily be replaced with milk if you want a richer syrup.
- Sugar – this recipe calls for white granulated sugar, although powdered sugar would work as well. For a slightly more complex flavor you could try adding half white sugar and half brown sugar.
- Cocoa Powder – if possible, find a high quality cocoa powder. It will give you the best flavor.
- Salt – sea salt or kosher salt will work great.
- Vanilla Extract – pure vanilla extract works great. You could also substitute coffee extract.
How to Make Chocolate Syrup
- Bring ingredients to a boil. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add water, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract. Remove the chocolate sauce from the heat and add the vanilla extract. Stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Serve. Serve with vanilla ice cream, cheesecake, brownies and more. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Storing Chocolate Sauce
- Refrigerator: store your cooled chocolate syrup in an airtight container or glass jar in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Freezer: store chocolate sauce in freezer bags, or another airtight container, for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- To reheat: transfer the sauce to a saucepan and add a splash of water. Gently reheat over medium-low, frequently stirring, until the sauce has thinned.
More of the Best Sauces and Toppings for Desserts
- Macerated Strawberries
- Strawberry Sauce
- Best Hot Fudge
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Lemon Curd
- More Dessert Recipes
- More Sauces and Condiments
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you and it helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
To make this easy Homemade Chocolate Syrup, all you need is a few simple ingredients and about 10 minutes. It’s sweet and smooth with amazing chocolate flavor that is so much better than the store bought version.