Below is a list of the best Healthy ice cream recipe public topics compiled and compiled by our team
Make healthy chocolate banana ice cream with frozen bananas, cacao powder, almond milk and almond butter. It’s absolutely delicious, healthy, dairy-free and doesn’t require an ice cream maker!
Throughout the summer months I seem to crave ice cream. Maybe it’s childhood memories of chocolate and strawberry cones from Carl’s Ice Cream, the best soft-serve ice cream shop ever. Or maybe it’s the fact that it’s blazing hot outside and I need something to cool down. Either way, I could eat ice cream every day. It’s always been my favorite dessert so when I found out you could make banana ice cream from ONE ingredient (frozen bananas) I was in heaven.
I actually have to thank my mother-in-law for the idea because she was the first person to introduce me to it. This was years ago — way before the land of Pinterest. Now everyone knows about frozen banana ice cream, which is awesome!! I’m just waiting for someone to open a shop with healthy fruit-based ice creams here in Richmond.
Anyhow, this summer I’ve been on a banana ice cream bender… again. I’ve been making a bunch of different combos and have found a new favorite.
Here’s What You Need:
- frozen bananas – I recommend peeling and chopping your bananas before freezing so they’re easier to blend! Check out my how to freeze bananas guide for tips and tricks!
- almond milk – I used unsweetened chocolate almond milk for more chocolate flavor without adding sugar and it was delicious! Unsweetened vanilla almond milk works great too.
- almond butter – any brand of almond butter works – just make sure the only ingredients are almonds and salt! I like the Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s brands.
- cacao powder – or cocoa powder works!
- cacao nibs or chocolate chips – optional but I love the texture it adds. If you use chocolate chips, I recommend Lily’s chocolate chips as there is no added sugar.
We all know banana and chocolate go well together, but you introduce a little almond butter to the mix and things get real. Chocolate, banana and almond butter = the trifecta.
Of all my years buying Almond Breeze this was my first time buying the unsweetened chocolate. Crazy, right? I’m excited I finally decided to try it because I can definitely see myself buying it again. I’ve actually been using it as creamer for my iced cold brew coffee and it’s quite delicious. Like a mocha iced latte. 🙂
See how smooth and creamy it turns out?!?
I added in a few cacao nibs for a little crunch, but they’re totally optional. Isaac hates crunchy things like nuts and chocolate chips in his ice cream (or brownies) so I get that some people won’t be a fan.
Nibs or no nibs, this healthy ice cream is soooo good and incredibly easy to make! Ready for the recipe?
Healthy Frozen Treats To Try
- Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Covered Banana Pops
- Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Bars
- 3 Ingredient Icebox Cake
- Mint Chip Avocado Ice Cream
- Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Greek Yogurt Popsicles