Here are the top best Freezer peach ice cream recipe voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Smooth, creamy, and bursting with peach flavor, Peach Ice Cream is perfect on hot summer days or whenever you’re craving a bowlful of fabulous fruit ice cream. Easy to make and with no artificial ingredients, this homemade ice cream is a must-try for ice cream fans!
How to make peach ice cream from scratch
Making ice cream isn’t hard, and this recipe uses familiar ingredients and fresh, ripe peaches to infuse the ice cream base with fabulous flavor. Every ice cream maker is different, so be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions to make the perfect Peach Ice Cream.
Ice cream is the perfect go-to treat for us, especially homemade ice cream. Some of our other favorite recipes are Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, Vanilla Caramel Fudge Ice Cream, and this Candy Cane Ice Cream you can enjoy any time of the year!
When peaches come on in the summer is the perfect time to whip up a couple of batches of this homemade fresh peach ice cream and store it in the freezer. This recipe is bursting with peach flavor in every single bite, only leaving you wanting more. Don’t be afraid to take an extra couple of bites or ten of this creamy and delicious ice cream! It just might be one that you keep on coming back for!
Don’t be afraid that homemade ice cream is too difficult to make. I have laid out every single step for you in the recipe card and electric ice cream makers have made making ice cream in your own kitchen a breeze!
What You’ll Need
Use good quality ingredients including ripe peaches. For the best flavor, buy the best fresh peaches locally during peach season.
- milk: whole milk is perfect for this recipe
- heavy whipping cream: to help give your ice cream that nice creamy and thick conssitency
- sugar: regular granulated sugar gives this ice cream the perfect sweetness when combined with the peaches
- egg yolks: make the ice cream even creamier and actually prolong the shelf life in the freezer.
- vanilla: gives this recipe a very nice density and helps pairs lovely with the peaches
- salt: just a pinch is all you need, but really makes a difference
- peaches: sliced, peeled and very ripe
You won’t need a blender or food processor, just your trusty ice cream maker!
Step By Step Instructions to Make Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Read the instructions for your ice cream maker in case you have the kind that has a canister that needs to be pre-frozen. Not all ice cream makers are like this so be sure to know which you have. When you’re ready to make this peach ice cream recipe, follow these steps.
Make the sugared peaches by combining the peeled, sliced fresh peaches and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a small saucepan. Bring the pan to a simmer over medium-low heat and simmer for about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and mash with a potato masher (or a fork) until it looks like chunky applesauce. Set this peach puree aside to cool.
Next, warm the milk, heavy cream, and 1/2 a cup of sugar to a large saucepan. Warm the mixture over medium heat until it is very warm (about 175F degrees). This should take about 5 minutes.
Using a hand mixer, beat the eggs and remaining sugar until it turns lighter in color and the sugar has begun to dissolve.
Remove the milk mixture from the heat and add half a cup at a time to the egg mixture, mixing after each addition. This is called tempering and keeps the egg yolks from cooking and curdling. Once half the milk mixture has been added to the eggs, pour all the milk and eggs back into the saucepan. Heat this egg-milk mixture (custard) over medium heat and cook, stirring consistently, until it reaches 185F. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon – but don’t let it boil!
Remove the custard mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla and salt. Strain the custard base with a strainer or cheesecloth set over a large bowl. Allow the custard to cool at room temperature, then cover it and refrigerate it until it is very cold – about 6 hours or overnight.
Now it’s time to make the ice cream! Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to set up the ice cream maker. Add the custard to the machine and churn it until it is the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. Then, add the peach mixture.
Cover and freeze your creamy peach ice cream for 2-4 hours until hardened. Scoop it and serve it! This amazing ice cream recipe will keep up to a week in the freezer.
Tips for the best peach ice cream
- Be sure that you have chilled the custard fully before churning
- Use the best and most ripe peaches you can find. If you are unable to find them, you can use frozen peaches, just thaw them completely beforehand.
- Do not rush any stage of ice cream making or it will not freeze properly. Be sure to read your manual: some ice cream inserts need to be frozen for 24 hours, but some newer machines don’t require freezing at all.
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 2 hours before serving (overnight is best!)
- If the ice cream seems too hard, just let it rest at room temperature for a few minutes until it is your prefered consistency.
- Try adding a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and dash of bourbon to the peaches.
More FRESH PEACH recipes you’ll love
- Peach Mojitos are simple and just require a few minutes of prep!
- Peach Raspberry Tea is perfect for sipping on the porch
- (So is Peach Raspberry Lemonade!)
- And apples and peaches are a surprisingly perfect combo in Apple-Peach pie.
Recipe for fresh peach ice cream
Enjoy this ice cream! This creamy, cold, delicious Fresh Peach Ice Cream recipe is the perfect summer dessert. A vanilla ice cream custard base, freshly churned to perfection and loaded with sugared peaches.