Below are the best information about Ice cream almond milk voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Banana almond milk ice cream is one of the easiest healthy desserts you will ever make. We like to call it “nice-cream.”
All you need are a few frozen bananas (peel them before you freeze them), a few tablespoons of non-dairy milk, and a food processor or blender.
Frozen Banana Pieces + Non-dairy Milk = Delicious Banana Ice Cream
One of my favorite things about healthy food prep is using magic to replace unhealthy food with something that tastes even better (and is way better for you). And by magic, I mean a food processor.
Using this method, you can turn frozen bananas and almond milk into delicious soft-serve “ice cream” in less than a few minutes.
Tips to Make the Best banana almond milk ice cream
Step 1: Prepare Your Bananas
Peel and freeze your ripe bananas to always have the ingredients on hand to make nice cream (or add to smoothies for a creamier texture). I like to break my bananas into 1-2 inch pieces before freezing to help them blend better, but you can also freeze them whole.
Your bananas must be frozen to make this work. Freeze them for at least 6 hours.
A large freezer bag works best, squeeze any extra air out of the bag then seal tightly. Your frozen bananas will keep 3-4 months in your freezer.
By the way, did you know that “freezer” bags are different than “sandwich” bags? Freezer bags are thicker and more air-tight, preventing freezer burn on your food. Sandwich bags allow for airflow, which prevents humidity from building up on your snacks and sandwiches. It’s good to keep both styles around for different purposes.
Step 2: Choose Your Milk
Grab some milk of your choice to blend this up. I like to use unsweetened almond milk to make this recipe, but you can use any non-dairy milk, or even cow’s milk if you tolerate dairy. Even water would work in a pinch. It would be less creamy, but it would work.
You can also add 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract per serving to give your banana ice cream an extra gourmet twist.
Step 3: Choose a Food Processor or Blender
I prefer to use a food processor because the banana almond milk ice cream is easier to scrape out of the flat bottom. However, if you don’t have a food processor you can absolutely use a blender.
Either way, be sure not to over blend it as the heat from the machine can melt it too much, leaving you with more of a smoothie instead of the ice cream texture you’re going for.
How to Make Banana Almond Milk Ice Cream
You can print the full recipe card below if you want to keep this on hand.
- Use 1-2 frozen bananas and about 1 tablespoon of almond milk per serving. That means if you want four servings, you’ll want the equivalent of 3 large or 4 medium bananas, and 3-4 tablespoons of almond milk.
- Since all bananas are different sizes, always start with less almond milk than you might need and add more to blend as necessary.
- Pulse frozen bananas and unsweetened almond milk in a food processor until it’s the consistency of ice cream.
- Note: It’s important that the bananas are frozen or else you’ll just end up with baby food.
Banana Nice Cream Topping Ideas:
- 1 teaspoon chia seed “sprinkles”
- a handful of pitted cherries
- a handful of frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
More Healthy Ice Cream Recipes:
This banana almond milk ice cream method entails blending frozen bananas with non-dairy milk to create an ice-cream-like texture, which means you don’t need to have an ice cream maker to make this. If you’re looking to make healthy ice cream in your ice cream maker, check out these awesome recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice-Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- And you may also like my Extra Chocolatey Chocolate Avocado Mousse, which is also made in a food processor
Your turn. Give this banana almond milk “nice cream” recipe a whirl and let me know your favorite way to eat it in the comments below!