Below are the best information about What is ube ice cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
This Easy Ube Ice Cream only uses 5 ingredients and is so simple to make. It has a deliciously light flavor with a super creamy texture that you’re going to love.
If you’re looking for other rich and creamy desserts, you should try our white chocolate creme brulee and Oreo cheesecake (video).
Table Of Contents
- Creamy Homemade Ube Ice Cream
- What you’ll need
- How to Make Ube Ice Cream
- Tips for rich and creamy ice cream
- Can I use fresh ube to make ice cream?
- Is Taro the same as Ube?
- Serving Suggestions
- How to Store Ube Ice Cream
- More Rich and Creamy Desserts!
- Full Recipe Instructions
Creamy Homemade Ube Ice Cream
This Ube Ice Cream is so easy to make. You don’t need an ice cream maker or even a stand mixer to get this creamy dessert ready to serve. Sweet with a hint of vanilla, this ice cream is smooth and rich. It’s also bright purple thanks to the main ingredients: Ube! I know it looks like food coloring, but ube really is that vibrant. And this ice cream is going to wow everyone who tries it.
For another creamy homemade dessert, try my homemade Oreo cheesecake recipe!
What is Ube?
If you’ve never heard of it before, Ube is a purple sweet potato that originated in the Philippines. It has a sweet flavor that is described as close to vanilla, white chocolate, pistachio, or lavender, depending on who you ask. It’s perfect for desserts because of its natural sweetness and texture.
What you’ll need
- Heavy whipping cream- It should be 36% fat or higher
- Condensed milk- Sweetened
- Ube flavor- Ube powder and Ube flavor extract
- Vanilla extract- To enhance ube’s natural flavors
How to Make Ube Ice Cream
- Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks. Pour the cold heavy whipping cream into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add the condensed milk. Now add the sweetened condensed milk to the bowl and beat again for about 1-2 minutes on high.
- Add the ube and vanilla flavoring. Then add the ube flavoring extract, ube powder, and vanilla extract to the ice cream base. Mix everything together thoroughly and transfer it to a loaf pan.
- Freeze. Cover the loaf pan tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for about 5 hours before serving.
Tips for rich and creamy ice cream
- Keep the milk and cream cold- Use the condensed milk and heavy cream right out of the fridge, as cold as possible. This will help the ube ice cream gain the right texture.
- Don’t skip the condensed milk- If you are out of condensed milk, you can easily make your own by simmering milk and sugar together, then letting it cool. This ingredient is important for sweetness and creaminess.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours- I know it looks delicious, but make sure the ube ice cream can set for at least 5 hours. I promise it’s worth the wait!
Can I use fresh ube to make ice cream?
Yes, you can. It takes a little more time and effort, but you can use fresh ube to make this ice cream. If you choose to do that, you can cook it for about 15 minutes and then mash it with a fork. Allow it to cool completely, then place it in the fridge to get cold before using it to make ice cream. Keep in mind that it may not have the same intense flavor or sweetness as the ube extract and powder because this varies in individual fresh ube.
Is Taro the same as Ube?
No, taro is different from Ube. Taro is a root that is actually not very sweet or purple. It’s good for more savory dishes. Ube is a sweet potato that is bright purple and naturally sweet, so it makes a great addition to desserts like cupcakes, cakes, and of course, ice cream!
- In a cone– This ube ice cream is so rich, creamy, and flavorful, what more do you need 🙂
- With nuts- Served in a bowl with a sprinkle of chopped nuts is delicious, especially pistachios.
- Topped with white chocolate- White chocolate chips or a white chocolate syrup drizzled on top would be divine.
- Add some coconut flakes- This is a traditional favorite, so top with coconut and enjoy.
- Drizzled with ube glaze- If you can’t get enough of that ube flavor, you can top your ice cream with ube glaze.
How to Store Ube Ice Cream
Store any leftover Ube Ice Cream in an airtight container in the freezer. It will last for about 1-2 months.
More Rich and Creamy Desserts!
- Amazing Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- White Chocolate Creme Brulee
- No Bake Mini Cheesecakes (VIDEO)
- Tiramisu Cake Recipe (VIDEO)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream