A delicious and easy homemade vanilla ice cream recipe that’s made with NO eggs and a non-cook cream base! Only 5 ingredients needed to reach a perfectly smooth and creamy consistency with the best vanilla flavor.
Easy eggless ice cream
One of my favorite desserts to make is homemade ice cream. I especially love to make it for my family during the summer, but let’s be honest – we love to eat it all year long. 🙂 It’s the perfect refreshing treat to cool off with on a hot summer day, or when you’re craving a little late night sweet treat.
This recipe is super easy to make and contains NO eggs! It tastes just as creamy as the old fashioned version, but is quicker and requires less work (no simmering on the stove top beforehand). You do need an ice cream maker to follow the recipe, but you can always make this easy no churn ice cream if you don’t have one.
You can scoop it into a cone or serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings. Keep it light and refreshing with some ripe, juicy strawberries or make a more indulgent Reese’s ice cream by topping it with some hot fudge and chopped peanut butter cups. No matter which topping you choose, it will taste incredible!
Tips for making homemade ice cream
- Freeze the bowl. Most ice cream makers require that you freeze the bowl the night beforehand, so don’t forget! It needs to be COLD before getting started.
- Full fat ingredients. Using whole milk and heavy whipping cream makes a world of a difference. The higher fat content creates a super creamy and rich result. Trust me, it’s worth the extra calories!
- Churning time. It usually takes my Cuisinart ice cream maker about 20 minutes to churn the mixture. Each machine is different, so it may take a little less or a little more time. Keep an eye on it and as soon as the mixture resembles frozen yogurt, that’s when you know it’s ready. You don’t want it to over churn!
- Vanilla bean. Pure vanilla extract tastes delicious, but if you want to ramp up the flavor, try using vanilla bean paste instead. It can be a bit expensive, so this may be a good swap to make for special occasions. 🙂
- Mix in’s. This recipe also tastes delicious with your favorite toppings mixed into the vanilla base. Churn the mixture until it’s reached the consistency of frozen yogurt, then mix in the extras until smooth. We love adding in crushed Oreo’s, chopped Reese’s cups or fresh smashed berries.
- Plan time to freeze. For a consistency that’s scoop-able and firm, you’ll want to freeze the mixture for at least a few hours. If you like soft serve, you can enjoy it immediately after churning.
- Scooping. Run your ice cream scoop under hot water before scooping the dessert out of the container.
- Doubling. You’ll end up with about 1.25 quarts of ice cream when making this recipe. You can double the recipe for a larger amount, although you’ll need to make 2 separate batches.
After churning the ice cream, I love to pour the mixture into a bread loaf pan to store. I find it’s the perfect size and is super easy to scoop out of. You can use any container, just make sure to cover it with a lid or wrap tightly with plastic wrap to reduce freezer burn. It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, let thaw on the counter for a few minutes and then scoop with an ice cream scoop.
There are so many toppings that taste amazing with vanilla ice cream! Because of it’s neutral flavor, it pairs well with just about anything. Try the fruity route by topping with fresh berries or lemon curd. Or for a super rich dessert, add some brownie or chocolate chip cookie crumbles. My kids love to top theirs with some colorful sprinkles and a maraschino cherry. The options are endless!
- Reese’s peanut butter cups (or candy of choice)
- Hot fudge
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Berries (or fruit of choice)
- Peach pie filling
- Edible cookie dough pieces
- Oreo crumbles
- Caramelized bananas
- Fresh nuts (such as pecans, almonds or peanuts)
- Crumbled waffle cone
- Fresh strawberry sauce or strawberry jam
- Blueberry sauce
More frozen treats:
- Reese’s ice cream
- Strawberry ice cream
- Banana split
- Homemade popsicles
- Chocolate ice cream
- Coke float
Through this article, we hope to help you understand Ice cream machine recipe