A Refreshing Twist on a Classic Ice Cream Flavor
Peaches and Cream Ice Cream is an extraordinary and delightful flavor that is sure to win over everyone’s hearts. Whether it’s the peak of summer or the depths of winter, this smooth and creamy French custard-style ice cream bursts with the sweet and juicy essence of fresh peaches. Best of all, it is gluten-free and nut-free, making it a treat that everyone can savor.
The Magic of Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
Discover the joy of summertime in a bowl with Peaches and Cream Ice Cream. This delightful recipe allows you to utilize fresh, frozen, or canned peaches, ensuring that you can relish this delectable treat anytime you desire. It’s a shame that this homemade ice cream recipe isn’t readily available on supermarket shelves, but you can rest assured that it’s a personal favorite of mine and a beloved choice for my entire family.
If you’re a fan of creamy and fruity ice cream, you should also consider trying our fresh Black Raspberry Ice Cream or the sweet and tangy delight of Lemon Custard Ice Cream.
Why You’ll Fall in Love with this Peaches and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
The Perfect Flavor Combination
The exquisite combination of peaches and cream is a timeless favorite for desserts. The mellow sweetness and subtle tartness of peaches harmonize perfectly with the smooth and velvety vanilla cream in this easy-to-make recipe. It’s a match made in ice cream heaven!
Versatility at Its Best
This recipe offers great flexibility. When peaches are in season, I highly recommend using fresh ones to create the ice cream. However, if it’s off-season, feel free to utilize frozen or canned peaches. Either way, the result will be a luscious treat that you won’t be able to resist.
Pure and Natural Ingredients
Rest easy knowing that this homemade ice cream contains only the finest ingredients. Fresh milk, cream, and a handful of other simple components are used, while preservatives, chemicals, and artificial colors are completely avoided. It’s a wholesome treat that you can indulge in without any worries.
Easy Step-by-Step Instructions
French-style ice cream may seem daunting at first, but fear not! I will guide you through each step of the process, ensuring that you achieve a rich and velvety homemade peach ice cream. Don’t be intimidated by the egg yolks; I’ll show you how to handle them with ease.
If you’re short on time and need that peaches and cream flavor fix quickly, try making a Peaches and Cream Milkshake instead!
Ingredients for Homemade Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
To create this delectable treat, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Peaches: Approximately 2 cups of peeled and chopped peaches. Fresh, frozen, or canned peaches work well, depending on the season.
- Granulated Sugar: Used to sweeten the ice cream and enhance its texture.
- Lemon Juice: A touch of lemon juice helps accentuate the peach flavor.
- Egg Yolks: These form the base of the ice cream custard. Ensure they are pasteurized or use store-bought pasteurized eggs if desired.
- Whole Milk: Combined with the egg yolks and sugar, milk creates a creamy custard base.
- Kosher Salt: A dash of salt balances the sweetness and adds complexity to the flavor.
- Heavy Cream: The combination of heavy cream and whole milk results in a luxuriously creamy texture.
- Vanilla Extract: A staple ingredient in most ice cream recipes, vanilla extract elevates the overall taste.
If you have any questions or need guidance while making Peaches and Cream Ice Cream, feel free to leave a comment below, and I’ll be glad to assist you.
How to Make Peaches and Cream Ice Cream from Scratch
Making ice cream with an electric ice cream maker requires some advance preparation. The machine’s bowl must be frozen solid for at least 24 hours beforehand. Once you’ve completed that step, follow these instructions to make the ice cream base:
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, and ¼ cup of granulated sugar. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to allow the peaches to release their juices. Transfer the peach mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the remaining ½ cup of granulated sugar until the mixture becomes smooth and pale yellow.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the milk and salt, bringing it to a simmer. Be careful not to let it boil. Transfer about ½ cup of the hot milk to the egg and sugar mixture, whisking until well combined.
- Pour the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot milk. Heat the saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until the base thickens and coats the back of a spoon. This should take a few minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl to remove any cooked pieces of egg. Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract, stirring well to combine.
- Introduce the peach puree into the mixture, stirring until fully incorporated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, ensuring it touches the surface of the ice cream base to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cold.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to the bowl of your ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The duration may vary, but it typically takes around 20 minutes for the ice cream to reach the desired soft-serve consistency.
Please note that the numbered steps correspond to the accompanying photos for illustrative purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe below.
Storing Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
Properly store your homemade Peaches and Cream ice cream to ensure its freshness and flavor. Place it in an airtight container in the freezer, pressing a piece of parchment paper or wax paper onto the surface to prevent ice crystals from forming. It can be stored this way for up to one month.
Tips for Making the Perfect Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
- Quality ingredients are key to achieving the best results when making homemade ice cream.
- Use chilled ingredients whenever possible for both no-churn and ice cream maker recipes.
- Don’t compromise on the fat content. Using high-fat milk and cream is crucial for a creamy texture.
- Be mindful of the number of add-ins. Limit yourself to one or two ingredients, ensuring they are finely chopped or in small pieces for the best texture.
- Sugar is not just for sweetness—it also contributes to the creaminess of the ice cream. Don’t skimp on it.
- If you don’t have a food processor, a high-powered blender or a handheld blender will work equally well.
Handy Tips for Peeling Peaches
To prepare fresh peaches for homemade ice cream, follow these simple steps to remove the skin:
- Make a small “x” incision at the bottom of each peach.
- Place the peaches in boiling water for about a minute.
- Remove the peaches and immediately transfer them to ice water for one minute. The peels should easily slip off.
Quick Ripening of Peaches
If your peaches are not yet ripe, you’ll want to speed up the ripening process before making this ice cream. Here’s what you can do:
- Place the unripe peaches in a paper bag and let them sit on the counter for a day or two. They will become softer, sweeter, and more succulent.
Customizing the Texture of Your Ice Cream
Feel free to experiment with different textures in your homemade peaches and cream ice cream:
- Follow the recipe as it is, and you’ll have small pieces of peach puree throughout the ice cream.
- For a super smooth texture, you can strain the peach puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove the pulp while retaining the flavorful peach juice.
- If you prefer chunks of peaches, blend some of the fruit and finely chop the rest into small pieces. Remember to keep the pieces no larger than a green pea to ensure a smooth mouthfeel.
No-Churn Peaches and Cream Ice Cream Directions
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make delicious Peaches and Cream Ice Cream. Follow these steps:
- Chill a shallow container or loaf pan in the freezer while you prepare the ice cream mixture.
- Pour the peach ice cream mixture into the chilled pan and freeze for 3-4 hours. Every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours, stir the ice cream to incorporate air. This process will help create a creamy and smooth texture.
Exciting Add-Ins for Your Peachy Delight
While I haven’t personally experimented with additional add-ins for this homemade peach ice cream, I have a few suggestions:
- Try adding cookies like Golden Oreos, shortbread cookies, or gingersnaps for extra taste and texture.
- Drizzling caramel sauce or adding white chocolate chunks can elevate the flavor profile even more.
If you have any other creative ideas for add-ins, please leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Discover More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Don’t stop at Peaches and Cream Ice Cream—explore a world of delightful flavors with our wide selection of homemade ice cream recipes:
- Bananas Foster Ice Cream
- Rosemary Ice Cream
- Sage Ice Cream
- Orange Ice Cream
- Pralines and Cream Ice Cream
Our Favorite Ice Cream Making Tools
To make your ice cream-making experience even better, we recommend the following tools:
- Cuisinart 2QT Ice Cream Maker: This versatile machine allows you to prepare ice cream, sorbets, and frozen yogurt effortlessly.
- Loaf Pan: Choose a 9 x 13 loaf pan or a shallow pan for freezing your ice cream. We find this loaf pan particularly practical.
- Ice Cream Scoop: A reliable ice cream scoop ensures perfect portions every time. Give this one a try—it’s one of our favorites.
- Ice Cream Containers: Keep some ice cream containers on hand for storing your homemade creations. They come in handy whenever you make ice cream.
Please note that the links provided will take you directly to the corresponding products on Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Let’s Stay Connected
For more exciting recipes and ideas, follow us on Pinterest or leave a comment below if you have any questions. We would love to hear from you!
Did you try this Homemade Peaches and Cream Ice Cream Recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts. Feel free to share any additional add-ins you discovered along the way. Enjoy!