Below are the best information about Recipe for cotton candy ice cream public topics compiled and compiled by our team
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This No Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe makes the perfect sweet treat. Smooth and creamy with a delicious cotton candy flavor, this easy recipe will be everyone’s new favorite dessert!
What happens when you take two treats that everyone loves, ice cream and cotton candy, and combine them into one? You end up with one super delicious dessert!
I’m talking No Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream! We made our first homemade ice cream recipe awhile back and were totally hooked. Now we’ve made everything from butterbeer ice cream to mint chocolate chip ice cream. There’s even a colorful out-of-this-world galaxy ice cream. How can you not love recipes that are this easy, fun and delicious!
What Is No Churn Ice Cream
While some homemade ice creams require an ice cream maker, you don’t need any fancy equipment for no churn recipes. In fact, all you really need are two basic ingredients: sweetened condensed milk and heavy whipping cream.
These form the base and along with a little vanilla extract, will give you a tasty vanilla ice cream. After that, all you need are a few add-ins and you can make whatever flavor you want. Scroll to the end for other fun flavor combinations.
Why We Love This Recipe
Easy – Not only can you make this easy ice cream recipe without an ice cream maker but you don’t need a lot of ingredients either. Just four simple ingredients and about 15 minutes prep time is all it takes!
Kid friendly – It’s so easy that the kids can even help. They’ll have a blast making their own cotton candy ice cream…and even more fun eating it!
No special equipment needed – I don’t know about you but the last thing I need is another piece of bulky equipment in my kitchen. Some things I just can’t live without, like my blender, stand mixer and food processor. However, I just don’t have room to store an ice cream maker too.
Ingredients For Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This is where your ice cream gets all that sweetness.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: The whipping cream is what gives your ice cream that smooth and creamy texture.
- Cotton Candy Extract: It’s not cotton candy ice cream without that sweet candy flavor. That’s where the extract comes in.
- Food coloring: Adds fun pink and blue colors to get that cotton candy look.
How To Make Cotton Candy Ice Cream
Step 1: Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Place loaf pan in the freezer while you prepare the ice cream.
Step 2: Pour heavy cream into the bowl of a stand mixer. (If you don’t have a stand mixer, a hand mixer will work too). Use the whisk attachment to whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
Step 3: Combine condensed milk and cotton candy flavoring in a large bowl. A little cotton candy extract goes a long way so be sure not to overdo it. Mix well, then fold in whipped cream and mix until completely combined.
Step 4: Divide mixture evenly between two separate bowls. Add blue food coloring to one bowl, mixing until completely blended. Add more food coloring a little at a time until you get the desired color.
Step 5: Repeat the same process with the other mixture, stirring in pink food coloring until you get just the right color. I went with a pastel look but you can add more for brighter colors.
Step 6: Spoon some of the pink ice cream mixture into the pan. Add blue mixture and keep alternating until you’ve used all of the mixture.
Step 7: Take a butter knife and gently pull it through the layers to get a soft, swirly look. Be careful not to overmix or the colors will blend too much.
Step 8: Freeze for at least six hours, preferably overnight.
Step 9: Scoop into ice cream cones or bowls and garnish with pieces of cotton candy. Enjoy!
This delicious ice cream is one of my new favorite easy recipes! It’s a fun recipe for a birthday party or just a yummy treat for the family! Who doesn’t love the sweet taste of cotton candy?!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to serve cotton candy ice cream
Serve in a waffle cone or a bowl and if you like, top with sprinkles and cotton candy. You could even put it between two large sugar cookies to make cotton candy ice cream sandwiches. There’s no wrong way to serve this yummy treat!
Tips and Tricks
- Be sure you don’t mistake evaporate milk for sweetened condensed milk. They are very different and your ice cream will not be the same.
- Can’t find cotton candy extract? Usually you can find it on Amazon and sometimes in the baking section of your local craft store. However, if you’re having trouble finding it, you can substitute cotton candy syrup. You’ll just have to adjust the amount you add to the recipe.
- For best results, chill your loaf pan and the bowl for the whipping cream ahead of time.
- No churn ice cream tends to melt a little faster than regular ice cream so be sure to put it back in the freezer as soon as you’re done scooping. It’s kind of a mix between regular ice cream and soft serve, giving you the best of both worlds!
The best part about this recipe is that once you have the ice cream base, you can make pretty much any flavor you want! Here are a few tasty ideas for add-ins:
- Vanilla – Vanilla extract
- Chocolate – Cocoa powder
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Edible cookie dough (available in the refrigerated section of the grocery store
- Cookies & Cream – Oreo pieces
- Birthday Cake – Cake batter extract, colorful sprinkles, whipped frosting
- Smore’s Ice Cream – Marshmallow fluff, graham cracker pieces and chocolate chunks
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m super excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers as part of their Thank with Google pilot program! This new experimental feature gives you the option to purchase a virtual sticker to show that you’re enjoying my content and finding it useful. I love being able to see what my work means to you and the bonus is that we’ll feel more connected and engaged!
It’s been a lot of fun to see the variety of stickers and messages my readers have selected so far. Plus, every time you send a paid sticker, you can leave me a personal message, which I always love receiving. These virtual stickers also translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into creating the content you enjoy on my blog.
You can find the Thank with Google feature in several different places on my site, including the sidebar and at the top and bottom of all my posts. If you try it, I’d love to hear what you think. Thanks as always for all your support!