Below are the best information about Ice cream cake cookies and cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Sweet and creamy ice cream sandwiches are layered with chocolate Oreo crumbs and chocolate sauce to make a delicious cookies and cream ice cream cake perfect for your next summer birthday party, summer party or summer BBQ. Cold and sweet, this easy Oreo cookie ice cream cake only needs four ingredients!
*This post may contain affiliate links to products we love. If you purchase something after clicking one of our links we make a small fee. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See our affiliate policy here.
Why We Love Cookies And Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Quick And Easy– This oreo ice cream cake recipe almost feels like cheating, it’s so easy anyone can put it together and the kids can help with this delicious recipe. It’s the perfect treat for Oreo lovers!
- Great For Birthdays And Parties– Perfect for a birthday cake (especially spring and summer birthdays), pool parties, and BBQs. This easy ice cream cake is just made for hot summer days!
- Delicious Taste!– If you like the infamous Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake or Baskin-Robbin’s ice cream cakes, you’ll love this copycat no-bake dessert!
Ingredients For Cookies And Cream Ice Cream Cake
- 24 ice cream sandwiches
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed, like Cool Whip, or two 8 ounce containers
- ½ cup chocolate sauce– Can also use hot fudge sauce or chocolate fudge sauce, though it may needed to be warmed just a little to spread hot fudge.
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies Oreos, crushed, plus extra for garnish- a regular 14.3 ounce pack of Oreos has 36 cookies.
Cook’s Tip- Oreos can be crushed in a food processor or in a strong zip-top bag with a rolling pin or even a heavy canned good.
How To Make Cookies And Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Unwrap and place 12 ice cream sandwiches into the bottom of a 9×13 pan for an ice cream layer. Slice any ice cream sandwiches necessary with a knife to fit all ice cream sandwiches in a flat layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread half of the cool whip mixture over the ice cream sandwiches with a rubber spatula or butter knife.
- Drizzle ¼ cup of the chocolate sauce over the top of the whipped cream layer.
- Sprinkle half of the crushed Oreos on top as the next layer.
- Repeat the same layers again. First a second layer of ice cream sandwiches, then a second layer of whipped topping, then topped with 1/4 cup of chocolate sauce drizzled on top. Top with extra crushed Oreo cookies if desired.
- Cover the dish and place into the freezer for at least 3-4 hours. Then slice to serve, enjoy!
- Swap the Cookies- Try using different flavors of Oreos or sandwich cookies, like mint, peanut butter or lemon into this ice cream dessert to make other flavors of ice box cakes.
- Try Different Syrups- Chocolate syrup is delicious, but you can get creative and try flavors like caramel, strawberry or peanut butter. You can also warm a little raspberry jam, blackberry jam or your favorite flavor so it’s just warm enough to spread in a layer. Warming it just a little is the best way to spread the jam, but not too hot or it will melt the ice cream.
- Add Sprinkles– Sprinkles, chocolate bits, or even crushed candy bar pieces are all delicious. Try MM’s!
Can I Make This Recipe In Advance?
Yes this Oreo cake needs to freeze for at least four hours, but you can easily make this cake a day or two in advance. If making this ice cream sandwich cake further in advance, I recommend covering the container the cake in an airtight container or tightly wrapped plastic wrap. You can add extra chocolate sauce or cookie crumbles after removing from the freeze to decorate.
If the cake has been in the freezer for a while, it can be a good idea to allow the ice cream cake to sit on the counter for at least 15 minutes before you try to slice it.
More Recipes You Will Love
Whipped Hot Chocolate– Creamy whipped hot chocolate is the perfect dessert, and can be served cold or hot.
Strawberry Poke Cake– Sweet vanilla cake topped with a strawberry sauce that swirls into the cake with a whipped cream frosting and fresh strawberries on top! This is an easy and delicious cake to bring to a party, and is always a party pleaser!
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (No Churn!) Make homemade chocolate chip ice cream right in your own home without an ice cream maker. This easy no churn ice cream recipe is creamy, fun to make with the kids and delicious!
Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream (No Churn!) No ice cream machine needed to make this delicious strawberry swirl ice cream either. A creamy vanilla ice cream base is swirled with a strawberry sauce and strawberry pieces for a delicious treat!