Below are the best information about Cookie dough ice cream cake voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
I may be a little late to the party, but I finally discovered the glory of ice cream cakes over the last few years! And I decided to try making my own for my BFF’s birthday this year and WOW! Making your own homemade ice cream cake is just so much better than buying one! And this Dairy Queen Copycat Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake not only tastes amazing (like a blizzard cookie dough ice cream cake), it’s easy to make with store-bought ice cream and store-bought edible cookie dough!
Ice Cream Cakes are great for summer get togethers, but they really are ideal for any special occasion, anytime of the year and are the ultimate birthday cake! I started buying Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cakes for my kids when I no longer felt like making them a ‘real’ birthday cake (on their actual birthday) AND a birthday party cake. Now I request an ice cream cake for my own birthday and that’s in the middle of January! This cake was inspired by my Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake on this site!
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 🎥 Videos
- 📖Variations & Substitutions
- 🎂Frosting for Ice Cream Cakes
- 👪 Serving Size
- 🥗 What to serve with Ice Cream Cake
- 💭Top tip
- ❔ Frequently Asked Questions
- ⭐ Reviews
- 📋 Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake Recipe (Dairy Queen Copycat)
- 🎂More Birthday Cake Recipes
This is the easiest Copycat Dairy Queen ice cream cake you will find and tastes just like a Dairy Queen cookie dough blizzard ice cream cake! Using 2 kinds of store-bought ice cream, store-bought chocolate chip edible cookie dough, an easy 2 ingredient Oreo cookie crust in the middle and topped with store-bought whipped frosting or homemade frosting.
How to make homemade ice cream cake:
- In a 10 inch springform pan, take ½ the vanilla ice cream and arrange it in an outer circle around the edge of the pan.
- Smooth it with a spatula.
- Add ½ the chocolate ice cream in the middle. Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up ½ the cookie dough (about 12 pieces) into small pieces and put the remainder back in the fridge (this will be used for decorations).
- Mix the remaining vanilla ice cream with the chopped cookie dough in a large bowl and put in the freezer.
- Mix ½ cup butter (melted) with the Oreo cookies crumbs and mix until it clings together. Remove the cake from the freezer and add the cookie crumb mixture to the middle area (on top of the chocolate ice cream).
- Then add the vanilla ice cream/cookie dough mixture into the middle, on top of the Oreo baking crumb mixture.
- Then add the remaining chocolate ice cream, over the entire cake center, smoothing it to cover everything. Return to freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove sides from spring form pan and smooth with a hot knife, if needed.
- Frost with your favorite store-bought or homemade frosting and smooth. Comb cake to get ridges on the sides and pipe simple shell decorations with a 21 star tip (see videos below)
- Using either store-bought or homemade chocolate chip cookie dough, shape cookie dough into small cookies.
- Place on cake as shown. Break up remaining pieces of cookie dough and sprinkle chunks of cookie dough onto the top of the cake. Sprinkle grated chocolate.
🥗 What to serve with Ice Cream Cake
If you’re looking for a great easy meal to serve with this homemade ice cream cake, then try my Slow Cooker Beef on a Bun (shown below)! And if you want to make something a little fancier for a special occasion meal, try my Greek Menu: Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Greek Style Potatoes and Easy Healthy Tzatziki Sauce!
For this Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake, you’ll need a 10 inch springform pan (affiliate link), a knife, a cutting board and a spatula. A cake comb (affiliate link) will also comes in handy, as well as a pastry bag, coupler and a #21 star tip.
Store this ice cream cake in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
❔ Frequently Asked Questions
So if you are looking for easy ice cream cake recipes, it doesn’t get easier than this Dairy Queen Copycat Blizzard Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake, using store-bought ice cream, store-bought cookie dough and store-bought frosting! It’s the PERFECT indulgent birthday cake for any time of the year!
Did you make this recipe? Please RATE THE RECIPE below
Please SUBSCRIBE (get my FREE E-cookbook) and be sure to FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST!